Become a Patron!

How to build a coil for a subtank mini

Hey folks, I am fairly new to vaping. I have an istick 40w, and have upgraded from the Nautilus mini to the subtamk mini. I prefer the 1.2 ohm coil because I like the flavour best around 18 watts, and I think that doesn't do the .5 ohm coil the justice it deserves. I would like to start rebuilding them, but am unsure of the gauge of wire that would be the easiest for me to start with. What would you suggest?

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Similar to what Rip does but I put it down closer to the air hole. When I was using Kanthal I'd use 26ga or 28ga and a touching coil, 3mm-3.5mm diameter. Rip also has a pancake wick method you should watch, I couldn't get any flavor until I watched that one, I do similar except only with the bottom half of the coil I push the top half down.

1.8Ω of 26ga is a lot, but it's also nice and allows you to go from low/normal voltage for public to high voltage for clouds. To fit that much in you will probably have to use a large diameter touching and bend it much like my titanium below. I form them outside because I have bending tweezers but you can also use the forming rod to get it positioned and bent in the base.

Bend the legs around so they don't short on the coil and can reach back into the screws.
coil.jpg

Pancake the wick and push the top down (I don't see it having much use if you leave it up)
20150915_140735.jpg

Patcharapon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
great tip sharing guys... appreciates!

*solved my vg90 coffee liquid burnt smell on my single coiled uwell crown + ipv d3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I had leaking problems and such with my subtank mini. Watched a lot of videos. This is the clearest tutorial I've seen. Isn't that long either.

edit: wrong code

VU Sponsors