Become a Patron!

How to get .2ohms on a Mutation X v4 with 26/32 AWG clapton

Hey guys, im new at vaping and i heard that clapton wire are the best coils for flavor. I have a MutationX v4 on an eLeaf IStick TW 100W. I got a 26/32AWG clapton wire and tried 6 wraps on dual coil, resistance is .6 so I then decided to make it 5 wraps but resistance reads .4 only.. . . :(:(:(:( Im trying to get a 50%vapor 50%flavor build, any advice?

Can you help me out, what or how many wraps around to get a .2 or .3 resistance ?
I appreciate your help, Thanks ;););)

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not verified these specs on steam engine. But, "IF" your 6 wrap dual coil is actually .6 ohms, you should be able to make it a dual coil with parallel coils 6 wraps each to cut your resistance in half to .3ohms. Essentially making it a quad coil with 6 wraps each.

But, your clapton wire has a heavy wrap on it, so it will be a power hog to get them to heat up. Might take all 100w to heat up all that metal on a dual parallel 26/32.

.6ohms should in theory be a good middleground for flavor and clouds. I think .3 and lower gets to be more of a cloud build imho. The .6 will eat less battery too.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6 wraps would be around 1.1 to 1.2 ohms per coil per SE. That should yield about .6 in dual coil. Give it a bunch of watts and have fun. .3ohm would be 4 wraps per coil on 3mm

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
there is no need to go all the way down to .2 ohms
if you want a lower resistance though you could use SS316 wire instead of kenthal which has a lower resistance.

there is no need to go all the way down to .2 ohms
if you want a lower resistance though you could use SS316 wire instead of kenthal which has a lower resistance.

thats what my friend says, ill havnt tried to use SS, probly ill try to use this build when im comfortable with my mod. iStick eLeaf has SS preset on the mod already and its worth trying. . . . thnx for the advise bro ;););)

Check out steamengine.org

thnx. . checked it yesterday using steamengine but i got confused lol. . .For Material and Profile i used Kanthal A1 but drop down box has Round, Round Twisted/Parallel and Ribbon. There is no clapton on the dropdown list. there are lot of tutorials on youtube on how to use the calculator but i havnt checked it out yet, anyways thnx for the help bro.

I have not verified these specs on steam engine. But, "IF" your 6 wrap dual coil is actually .6 ohms, you should be able to make it a dual coil with parallel coils 6 wraps each to cut your resistance in half to .3ohms. Essentially making it a quad coil with 6 wraps each.

But, your clapton wire has a heavy wrap on it, so it will be a power hog to get them to heat up. Might take all 100w to heat up all that metal on a dual parallel 26/32.

.6ohms should in theory be a good middleground for flavor and clouds. I think .3 and lower gets to be more of a cloud build imho. The .6 will eat less battery too.

Thnx for this, would probly try this build, for now im using 5wraps dual coil and i have 4.5ohms, ill just wait for a few weeks then change my build as to what have you advised.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
thnx. . checked it yesterday using steamengine but i got confused lol. . .For Material and Profile i used Kanthal A1 but drop down box has Round, Round Twisted/Parallel and Ribbon. There is no clapton on the dropdown list. there are lot of tutorials on youtube on how to use the calculator but i havnt checked it out yet, anyways thnx for the help bro.
For claptons you have to use the wire wizard section, not the coil builder one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors