Become a Patron!

How to reduce spitback on Velocity RDA?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's been getting quite annoying to be drinking more juice than vaping. I have a clone Velocity on a 40 watt Ijust 2 battery. Anybody have a method of reducing spitback? I took the wire mesh out of a few atlantis heads, but it's nearly impossible to place them in the rda without them bridging the posts and catching on fire. I'm new to having an RDA, so are there some common methods you deal with this? I have a weak battery compared to most serious vapers, so I could imagine how much worse some of you have it in terms of spitback.

cjk081293

Member For 4 Years
If you haven't already try moving your coils closer to the airflow without creating a short. On both my velocity and dark horse it reduced the spitback unless I overdripped.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could answer but I don't get spit back on my velocity. My coils are almost touching side walls. Almost to close

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's been getting quite annoying to be drinking more juice than vaping. I have a clone Velocity on a 40 watt Ijust 2 battery. Anybody have a method of reducing spitback? I took the wire mesh out of a few atlantis heads, but it's nearly impossible to place them in the rda without them bridging the posts and catching on fire. I'm new to having an RDA, so are there some common methods you deal with this? I have a weak battery compared to most serious vapers, so I could imagine how much worse some of you have it in terms of spitback.
Check your cotton, and be careful not to over drip. Any RDA is simply turning juice into vapor. When you have more loose juice than the coils can turn into vape it boils and spits. Literaly one drop on each coil is usual sufficient. The other thing you can do is up your watts. Same rules apply, your just hunting that setting where everything you have dripped turns to vape.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Usually a low power problem or over dripping. There shouldn't be loose juice floating around. Just enough to saturate wicks. Enough power to almost instantly start vapor production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First time posting, but I feel I can actually help with this issue. Something I've noticed in general, with all my RDA's, is vertical coils seem to prevent spitting, all excess juice (from over dripping) flows down into the juice wells instead of just sitting on top of the coils, and any spitting that may occur will spit outwards towards the airflow/cap as opposed to up the drip tip/chuff. Any coil I've built has spit at one time or another, but they spit outwardly from the coil, not from the cotton or wicking material. Try adjusting your coils to face vertically, instead of horizontally and that should hopefully take care of your problem.

jonmckendree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More power,bigger build.less juice, all correct. I will say mine are big ass coils and i run around 85-115 watts with no spitting.UPGRADE!!!!Bigger mod,or go to a t/c build for lower watts.

TogaJon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vertical coils seems to stop any spitting for me when using my Velocity just as DED420 suggested above.

VU Sponsors