Become a Patron!

How to steep juice?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been vaping for a few months now. Just upgraded from a CE5 to a Mini Protank 3, but I'm still having issues tasting my juices, even at high voltage with fresh coils.
Most of my juices came from myfreedomsmokes. One of them tasted great, but all the rest tasted the same as each other.
I recently got a free sample bottle (with 2$ shipping) from vista vapors of US Red Tobacco. It's obviously only a few days old because the label has my name on it!
I want to taste this one, and I've heard about steeping. I've read some stuff on putting the bottles into hot water and stuff, but I want to know how to do it right, since my bottles are plastic, not glass.

Do I just let the juice sit (and for how long/ in what climate), or do I do something to it?
Thanks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just stick it in a desk drawer or cabinet and wait. Tobaccos generally don't do well with a heat steep. Anything else - put the bottle in a zip lock bag and close it up. Heat some water in a cup in the microwave till it's really hot, but not boiling. Put the zip lock in the cup and let it sit till the water cools off, then shake the bottle. Doing this two or three times will steep pretty nicely.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of Vista Vapors juices are made to order, so they do need steeping, be it with time or hot water. ;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the time method with all mine. Two weeks minimum in dark place. A month for tobaccos.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I usually let mine sit for a couple weeks on a shelf. I haven't worried about ensuring it's always dark though, despite that, I've been very happy with the results.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Before my ultrasonic cleaner (with build in heater), I just placed the bottle(s) in the kitchens cabinet and giving it a good shake once a day. The duration is depending on the juice, it took at least a week for the juice I bought. I personally didn't leave bottles open for a few days, some flavors actually loose their strength, due to evaporation.

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just do the time method with all mine that need steeping, but some joose tastes great fresh. I got Vista Vapers a few months back, because it was free. The Butter Pecan was good fresh...

Do you have a B&M where you can try flavors before you buy? The next best thing is going through customer reviews; that takes a little time but it's been a great guide for me. Sites like "Giant Vapes" sell all of the most popular Premium Ejuice Vendors flavors, and give great reviews on what is good fresh versus steeped. I love Nicoticket, and like to tell others about this company because they don't sell anything but great, eliquid. Alot of their ejuice is good fresh.

Yeah, leave it in a dark little drawer or place of your choosing and they can take maybe a few days up to a couple of weeks to fully steep for the flavor you want.

KillaGT

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
with DIY sometime i will throw in the microwave with the cap off for like 6-8 seconds

Yuzyuzu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know why Lemo 2 tasted burn after recoil

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wrong thread, but guessing you may not have let the wick and coil prime fully before firing it? Or perhaps the wattage was up to high for the juice?

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping for a few months now. Just upgraded from a CE5 to a Mini Protank 3, but I'm still having issues tasting my juices, even at high voltage with fresh coils.
Most of my juices came from myfreedomsmokes. One of them tasted great, but all the rest tasted the same as each other.
I recently got a free sample bottle (with 2$ shipping) from vista vapors of US Red Tobacco. It's obviously only a few days old because the label has my name on it!
I want to taste this one, and I've heard about steeping. I've read some stuff on putting the bottles into hot water and stuff, but I want to know how to do it right, since my bottles are plastic, not glass.

Do I just let the juice sit (and for how long/ in what climate), or do I do something to it?
Thanks
It is my conclusion that high voltage is not the answer. For above-ohming, 5.5 watts is just right (consider that the first stock setups were 3.7 volts with a 2.5 ohm coil = 5.5 watts). The CE5 coils are, I think, 1.8 ohms, which calls for 3.2 volts to equal 5.5 watts. I've also noticed that 50/50 juices vape well in the Kanger tank. High VG, not so well since the holes in the atomizer are small. I use high VG with Smok Micro-A adjustable coils in an ADC or GDC and taste my juice. I vaped 50/50 in a Kanger Aerotank with 1.8 ohm coil at 3.2 volts and tasted my juice. But if you REALLY want to taste your juice, go with an RDA.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with DIY sometime i will throw in the microwave with the cap off for like 6-8 seconds
I just tried that method with a scone with strawberry jam and cream I mixed up I placed the bottle in a cup poured hot water to the neck of the bottle and nuked it for 30 secs and then left it till cold and it was as though it had been steeping a couple weeks.

VU Sponsors