Become a Patron!

How to vape? Inhaling questions

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep reading that vaping is different from smoking (tobacco and that more expensive stuff).
I hear about mouth to lung, lung hit, etc.
I must have caught on early because it works for me.
Lots of my friends I see very rarely are smokers of both, and when converting one last night she asked how do I hit this? (Like a j? Like a smoke?)
I also have gave my vapes to 30 year smokers and they immediately cough.
"Oh I wasn't ready for that" or "damn that's strong!"
I then take a 10 second lung hit and tell them I only quit 5-6 weeks ago. Decent sales pitch.
So who can explain to me so by proxy I can help 35-50 year olds who have smoked 2/3 of their lives both things?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't do lung hits, the way I have always learned to inhale vaping , was to draw in vape before inhaling, after drawing in, then I inhale, some folks like to call it french inhaling.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me, French inhaling was always a 1-2 second pull, then a release and another inhale thru the nose, but hey, I'm from Indiana.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure you need massive airflow to lung hit. I was using a kanger giant in the example above wide open. I'll usually shut them down and turn the power off and let them turn the power up. Sold my spinner 2 and an iclear16 and a bottle of my tobacco DIY to my friend's wife. Glad to get her on vv/vw but really wanted to sell those kanger evod2s I bought on NYE for my missionary work :)

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The hour long study by the British scientist showed 50 people given a cigalike with no training got 0 nic in their bloodstream without training.
Two normal cigalike users had totally different nicotine extraction levels.
I keep two v2 cigalikes and have them hit those first to see how awful they taste. I already gave away my mark tens.
Indiana looks to be the first state to crack down on manufacturing so may have to move my DIY to Ohio if these ridiculous bills pass (24 hour surveillance in clean rooms? $5000 non refundable permits?)
Mike Pence's presidential run is really making this state suck even worse.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep a lot of impending changes seem to be ahead for vaping, we all are watching

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need at least 3mm (maybe 2.5 if you force it) of air, in order to lung hit.
I use both methods, depending on the type of atty i'm using, but when i have enough airway i will always lung hit.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I smoked Marlboro Ultralight 100s in 45 seconds, so I know how to get my nic :)
My new Kanger Subtank is taking 1 second to heat up so I have to pulse it now to get a 10+ second draw. Going to put a new 1.2 OCC in it now.
Bought it from @Cessnapix and just want to say good guy.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My vape definitely goes into my mouth and stays there until I stop pulling and then goes into my lungs. If I try to suck it immediately into my lungs directly it will come coughing out and it's not pleasant.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
7 second lung hits here...regardless of the atty.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on the atty. For most RDAs I lung hit like a hookah. The Magma... not so much. Most tanks and RDAs like the Magma are mouth-to-lung hits.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't do lung hits, the way I have always learned to inhale vaping , was to draw in vape before inhaling, after drawing in, then I inhale, some folks like to call it french inhaling.
I do the same thing. I draw it in then inhale. And when I do try to just straight lung it it's very hard. And I said the same thing when I quit and went to vaping I did think it was strong and I coughed a lot but not from vaping from quitting smoking my lungs were trying to clear themselves

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I lung hit, usually 5-10 secs. Enough to get a lung full of vapor.
Had smoked cigs the same way, and sometimes cigars.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ability to lung hit largely depends on the nic content, pg ratio, and if the juice is citrus flavor.
Getting it into your lungs helps you absorb more nic, so if you lung hit, you can use lower nic. Lower nic reduces the throat hit so perhaps people who find lung hitting to harsh could remedy this by lowering their nic content. Same with VG over PG, less throat hit. I've notice citrus flavors have more of a throat hit as well.

Also usually just a matter of letting your throat get used to it.

Last edited:

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just run silica wick clearos and 3 year old technology at high hear (5 watts) so I can get that formaldehyde hit.
Nah I'm just mad about suck mods video a hair. I've been trying to advocate the safety and after watching it he said using a spinner with a 3-4 year old design was not how people Vape anymore. I had just sold an iclear16 and a spinner to a friend.

VU Sponsors