Become a Patron!

Hypothetical question regarding analogs.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just out of curiosity, consider this hypothetical situation: Tobacco has absolutely no health risks, nor does vaping. They are both still addictive though. Smoking does not leave a smell on you or on other things, and it is legal to do both indoors everywhere you go. Smoking does not impede your sense of taste or smell either. Also, consider if the price of vaping was the exact same as smoking.

You can only choose one... Vaping or analogs?

I'm just curious which one people would like better without the main factors that made us switch to vaping.

Personally, I think I enjoy vaping more than smoking now, but in this hypothetical I'm not completely sure if I would choose vaping because smoking is simple and vaping is time consuming if you rebuild.

Last edited:

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having my sense of taste back, and not smelling like an ashtray would likely be the deciding factors for me. I like the tasty vape!

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Having my sense of taste back, and not smelling like an ashtray would likely be the deciding factors for me. I like the tasty vape!
I didn't even consider those factors! I'll have to edit the question lol.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
easy ,,vaping because it does not coat your throat and lungs with tar
Remeber in this hypothetical situation, smoking causes none of that.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so in this hypothetical situation smoking and vaping are exactly the same thing then ??

this is ridiculous
Not exactly the same. I just took away all the factors so you could choose based on the experience alone.

fwtechwiz

Member For 4 Years
vaping, definitely. Analogs burn. They burn clothes, car seats, carpet, floors, desk tops, anything the lit embers fall on.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If there were no health risks or inconveniences associated with smoking, why would someone bother to invent vaping?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
when you consider that we've known how to make fog for fog machines, how to extract nicotine, and how to build both wicks and toaster heating coils, it's really quite surprising that vaping wasn't invented long ago. Of course, big tobacco had no incentive, but still. . .

if cigs and vaping were identical in health risks, I dunno. I like the convenience of a cig but the flavors of a vape are fantastic. I'd probably be a dual user if no health risk with cigs AND if cigs didn't taste so bad.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
vaping, definitely. Analogs burn. They burn clothes, car seats, carpet, floors, desk tops, anything the lit embers fall on.
cherry red coils will burn alot a stuff as well.
i would still chose vapin because the great flavors you get

VU Sponsors