Become a Patron!

I don't smoke and never have but...

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realize there are probably people on here that have never smoked a cigarette and started Vaping. However, does this make any ex smokers that switched to Vaping feel kind of weird when someone tells you that? I had a Co worker say "oh you vape to, I do too. I'm not a smoker though, never was" I don't know why but I felt kind of weird when he said that.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TBH, if I'd never smoked, I can't see myself ever having picked up vaping. But, I'm glad I did. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The sad thing is, I first heard of vaping waaay back in 2008 from a S. Korean online gaming buddy of mine. But, I was too into smoking then...

Dangit. ;-)

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever since I started vaping, I've realized that vaping is likely to entirely replace actual tobacco smoking in just a few years. The cigar aficionados won't switch, and not all of the pipe smokers will switch, but I really can't see any reason that cigarettes won't be obsoleted. That is why there is this huge anti-vaping movement right now. It would stand to reason that there will always be a portion of society that will pick up a habit. If cigarettes are obsolete, that leaves only vaping in its place. IF the new vapers start with, and stay with no nicotine eLiquid, then I say have at it. Vaping can be satisfying to never smokers because of both the "simulation of smoking", and the flavor. If never smokers are starting to vape nicotine eLiquid, I think that is just plain stupid. Not everyone gets "addicted" to nicotine, but some will. Why take the chance when it is not necessary?

FABOOM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a former cigar smoker (1 year free on 1 Jan 15!) and I vape. I've found that it's tougher to get cigar smokers to quit unless you show them they can produce decent clouds. In today's market that is so much easier with VV/VW devices and drippers. The selection of heavy VG juices produce great clouds and a heavy cigar smoker can get a high enough nic level to satisfy the urge. I started with 24mg and I'm down to 3 or 0 now. Keep the pressure on all smokers!!!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About as weird as if someone were to tell me they had started smoking. Same for use of nic too. Not really sure why people see this any different than smoking in that regard. I'd much rather hear that they had picked up vaping as a way to get nicotine and the habit of the activity vs picking up an analog first.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine is good for the Spinal cord and it kills viruses in the blood stream. It is all natural(without all the chemicals added to it in cigs) and it helps to calm the nerves. It is also used to help with meditative states by yogis and the likes. _.._

Natural tobacco when rubbed on a bug bite(or any other stinging irritation) helps to sooth the pain when mixed with saliva.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About as weird as if someone were to tell me they had started smoking. Same for use of nic too. Not really sure why people see this any different than smoking in that regard. I'd much rather hear that they had picked up vaping as a way to get nicotine and the habit of the activity vs picking up an analog first.

Agreed.

I see vaping comparable to wine tasting. Think about it. A lot out there have their cellar(metaphorically speaking) of nic juice. Some make their own. And many are always chasing the next great flavour. Only thing we don't have is aged Ejuice, lol.

VU Sponsors