Become a Patron!

I finally did it-big sniper wolf tattoo, with pics.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. I have wanted a character, specifically sniper wolf, from my favourite series of video games for around 6 years now.

I have just not trusted a tatttooist to do it justice.

My fiancee recently had a tatoo-and the artist was great. I immediately after seeing my fiancees finished tattoo know he was the one. I booked it then and there. and had it done today.

These photos are 15 mins post tattoo, so there is a little blood, but once that clears it will be perfect.

It is the exact drawing I wanted, the Yoji Shinkawa drawing of her with a wolf.
Here the pics

Full tattoo
26gF4Xol.jpg

Sniper wolf side-
qxN6e4Sl.jpg

Wolf side (sorry not as clear, was hard to take a pic myself)-
uwbnyL1l.jpg

Took about 2 and a a half hours in the chair, well worth it though, I love it and always will as the game actually affected my thinking in growing up, and fellow metal gear fans will know the storyline is very intricate, and had quite a few tearjerking moments-such as sniper wolfs death.

I am well happy though, My fiancees tatt had nearly healed after one week. We just left it alone and kept it clean. Tattooist said do the same, don't bother with creams, let your body just fix it and clean it daily, just pat it don't rub it due to the scabbing that will form.

I hope there are a few fans here that like this :).

Cheers, Conan.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi people. I have wanted a character, specifically sniper wolf, from my favourite series of video games for around 6 years now.

I have just not trusted a tatttooist to do it justice.

My fiancee recently had a tatoo-and the artist was great. I immediately after seeing my fiancees finished tattoo know he was the one. I booked it then and there. and had it done today.

These photos are 15 mins post tattoo, so there is a little blood, but once that clears it will be perfect.

It is the exact drawing I wanted, the Yoji Shinkawa drawing of her with a wolf.
Here the pics

Full tattoo
26gF4Xol.jpg

Sniper wolf side-
qxN6e4Sl.jpg

Wolf side (sorry not as clear, was hard to take a pic myself)-
uwbnyL1l.jpg

Took about 2 and a a half hours in the chair, well worth it though, I love it and always will as the game actually affected my thinking in growing up, and fellow metal gear fans will know the storyline is very intricate, and had quite a few tearjerking moments-such as sniper wolfs death.

I am well happy though, My fiancees tatt had nearly healed after one week. We just left it alone and kept it clean. Tattooist said do the same, don't bother with creams, let your body just fix it and clean it daily, just pat it don't rub it due to the scabbing that will form.

I hope there are a few fans here that like this :).

Cheers, Conan.
Congrats. Was this your first? If so, you picked a good way to start. I am the proud owner of 6 tattoos. All cat related. After the first, i got bit by the tattoo bug. It's nice that you got something meaningful to you. The two week period of healing can get quite itchy, though. I did wash mine a few times a day with plain Dr. Bronners, and used a light coating of plain lubriderm or coconut oil. Your artist is wanting you to dry heal, but if it gets too uncomfortable, a bit of coconut oil won't hurt if it isn't contaminated by dirty fingers. Good luck! I like it.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I sometimes think about getting a tattoo, but then I realize I can't even make up my mind about a bumper sticker ....
Lol that's me, too. If there is one thing I know very well about myself, it's that what I think is cool aesthetically is always changing.

I was actually talking to a co-worker who has all sorts of tattoos about this. She says she was like that with her first tattoo, but now that she has a whole bunch, she doesn't care so much about what it is so long as it looks cool. Her leg is literally a tapestry of like 20 random things. It does indeed look awesome... ...I do have to give her that.

That tattoo is fucking badass though, conan. Good taste sir.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My ex GF has a huge Tiger all across her body I still have visions of loving that animal.. I think thats why I broke up with her the animal instinct was just to much

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks great, nice work, you doing any color?
Hi Whiskey, This is an original artwork by the Japanese artist for metal gear, Yoji Shinkawa, and I wanted it the same as the original as it was my favourite image of sniper wolf. It is originally in black and white, so I am sticking with that. It's concept art for the game, so that is the finished product-but its exactly what I wanted, so very happy.

I may get colour added if I get more Foxhound members added (Mantis, Gray fox(not foxhound but still) and also solid snake in the future, to create a real dedicated piece to my favourite story of all time. Really, a PS1 game that had a storyline that is so meaningful, the series as a whole is good-but MGS1 is definitely a special game indeed. It made the way I think of war change, there is no good or bad generally, just pawns who are payed to do a job, that job happens to be killing.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol that's me, too. If there is one thing I know very well about myself, it's that what I think is cool aesthetically is always changing.

I was actually talking to a co-worker who has all sorts of tattoos about this. She says she was like that with her first tattoo, but now that she has a whole bunch, she doesn't care so much about what it is so long as it looks cool. Her leg is literally a tapestry of like 20 random things. It does indeed look awesome... ...I do have to give her that.

That tattoo is fucking badass though, conan. Good taste sir.

While I kid around (a lot), I realize that people memorialize events in their life in this manner. Their body becomes a tapestry commemorating those events. More power to each and every one.

And all kidding aside, conan, that is some sweet ink! :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats. Was this your first? If so, you picked a good way to start. I am the proud owner of 6 tattoos. All cat related. After the first, i got bit by the tattoo bug. It's nice that you got something meaningful to you. The two week period of healing can get quite itchy, though. I did wash mine a few times a day with plain Dr. Bronners, and used a light coating of plain lubriderm or coconut oil. Your artist is wanting you to dry heal, but if it gets too uncomfortable, a bit of coconut oil won't hurt if it isn't contaminated by dirty fingers. Good luck! I like it.
Hi mate. This is my second-I got my first when I was 18 around 8 years ago, that is in dedication to my nan with the date of her birth and death, and a simple RIP NAN.

My cousin Dean LOVES big cats, and has about 4 or 5 tattoos, of a lion, tiger, black panther, and I will have to ask him the others as my memory is a bit hazy on the other two.

The artist told me to just keep it clean by patting it with water, then soap, then water, and patting it dry, not rubbing it.

Thank you for the coconut oil tip-if I am honest the first one did not hurt during healing, this one just feels a tiny bit sore, but you mostly don't even know its there.

I am glad you like it :).

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi mate. This is my second-I got my first when I was 18 around 8 years ago, that is in dedication to my nan with the date of her birth and death, and a simple RIP NAN.

My cousin Dean LOVES big cats, and has about 4 or 5 tattoos, of a lion, tiger, black panther, and I will have to ask him the others as my memory is a bit hazy on the other two.

The artist told me to just keep it clean by patting it with water, then soap, then water, and patting it dry, not rubbing it.

Thank you for the coconut oil tip-if I am honest the first one did not hurt during healing, this one just feels a tiny bit sore, but you mostly don't even know its there.

I am glad you like it :).
The one of mine that hurt the most was one on my left bicep. It wraps sort of into my inner arm. That one took hours to do and felt like a bad sunburn when it was done. It was worth it though.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice, I like it. Keep an eye on it for redness or swelling. If it doesn't go down in a couple days, see your MD pronto.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, I like it. Keep an eye on it for redness or swelling. If it doesn't go down in a couple days, see your MD pronto.
It's all scabbed over now, no redness and healing well :). I am keeping it clean as instructed, it is OK and I don't know it is there most of the time, until I put a coat on or take my top off, it then feels like a burn, but that fades quickly.

Few more weeks, and I will upload the healed article, as the first image has blood smears that look a bit like ink and makes the wolfs eye look weird-its not, it was just as it was 15 minutes old still bleeding.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ex GF has a huge Tiger all across her body I still have visions of loving that animal.. I think thats why I broke up with her the animal instinct was just to much
RAAAARRRRRR

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Nice work man. I'm a tattoo lover and can't get enough. Around 38 for me currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude! I have 2 from my time in the service. You are making your bod a canvas, which is totally cool. 38? Go for broke with them.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Dude! I have 2 from my time in the service. You are making your bod a canvas, which is totally cool. 38? Go for broke with them.
I go in spurts where I will get some back to back to back then take a year off or so lolol. But they all have meaning and some pretty deep thoughts

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go in spurts where I will get some back to back to back then take a year off or so lolol. But they all have meaning and some pretty deep thoughts

WOW man, thats a LOT.

I must admit I don't like facial tattoos, there is a man in my area who is a horrible person with a facial tattoo (I DO NOT think all people with facial tattoos are thugs like this man, I never judge a book by its cover, I judge it by how it treats me and I do the same in return).

I only added that in there as you said you had 38 lol. Thats a LOT. If you have any facial ones that's cool, as I believe different strokes for different folks with most things, some people have their whole face tattooed and tongue split to look like a lizard with facial implants. Do I care? NO.(Unless they are nasty-then yes I DO care, but not about the tattoos, I care about them being bastards lol)

May I ask what style a lot of yours are, or are they all varying? I am glad they all have meaning to you-I only have 2 at the age of 25 and got my first at 18, I may get one every few years if I fancy it, if not I am happy with just 2. Both of mine actually have deep meaning to ME, even though one is a videogame character. It completely changed my view of the world and war, and made me realize in war-good or bad? Its all a charade. Where you are born makes your side the good side-both sides believe they are fighting for good.

This is the part where I become a hypocrite. I say I do not like tattoos on girls-but then my fiancee has tattoos and some of the bodyart models are stunning. I used to be VERY good friends with two twins from my area, and I must admit, they are the best looking twins I have met. We was good friends though, I used to go out with their mum and nan for meals and things like that and one of them would just come to meet me after phoning, I was cool with that though I enjoy female company as well as male. One of these twins has since become COVERED in tattoos-and I must admit, she looks even hotter. I am glad Cheyenne does not come on here right now lol.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
No facial tattoos for me. All mine are from the neck down lolol. I hear ya on women and tattoos. I like them but as long as they are not excessive. Here is one I had done last year. It represents the devil and angel we all have in us
2bf5f9bf15636dbee79c185990816234.jpg

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No facial tattoos for me. All mine are from the neck down lolol. I hear ya on women and tattoos. I like them but as long as they are not excessive. Here is one I had done last year. It represents the devil and angel we all have in us
2bf5f9bf15636dbee79c185990816234.jpg

I like that mate. No matter who you are-even if all you do is good, you WILL get bad thoughts, it is a human trait. I really like that piece and what it represents mate. I guess the left is an angel, the middle a demon, what is the right? A fallen angel maybe who has lost their wings, not yet fully a demon and still has some good in her-or a human, or fallen angel as essentially an angel that had not yet decided and was halfway would have free will, and virtually be Human?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Very close. Truth be it the left is the angle or in this case represents heaven. The right side is the devils daughter or in this case hell. So we have heaven and hell. So the center started with an anatomical correct heart. Then for the kicker.... My worst fear is snakes. So in order to protect our most vital organ, the heart I had a nasty snake ( which is the most feared to me) twined into the chambers of my heart. Basically nobody will try to hurt you if your heart is protected. It just kind fit between heaven and hell

VU Sponsors