Become a Patron!

I got invited to lunch today

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
by a coworker whom, after months of persuading, finally accepted my offer to try an e-cigarette. As I expected, she quit smoking rightaway. She invited me to lunch to thank me for "saving her life": she says she's been smoking for so long that her teeth are loose and in danger of falling off. And since she's started vaping, she says her gums don't tingle no more, first time in years.

She is my 39th convert. I'm all proud and slightly misty-eyed :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was going to hit the like button on that post, but I think you need more so I'm giving you a
BIG THANK YOU
for doing your part in helping people to quit smoking
No body can do it all
But we can all do some.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kudo's for what you do Giraut to help folks get off the cigs. Your amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbsup_2_zps8e2a60d7.gif

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Job Well done!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait you are getting lunch but not thank you nooky?
Good job on making one less person a slave to the stinkies.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. The great thing about converting people to vaping and getting them to quit smoking is, it's so easy and so rewarding! Some time ago, I told my family doctor I got over 30 people to quit smoking, and he told me it was probably more than he himself had achieved in years peddling nicotine patches and nicotine gums. How great is that eh? :)

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a firm believer that people need to make their own decisions. I'm glad you were able to convert a smoker. I never try to convert anyone because when i was smoking i would be so irritated by people trying to get me to quit. i chose on my own to switch to vaping in 2009 and have never looked back.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the thing: I don't really try to convince anyone. If a smoker tells me "I should try to switch to these things some day" while seeing me vaping, I just say "well, if you want to try it out, I have this basic kit I can lend you for free..." I just "push them over the edge" so to speak, but they're the ones who want to quit smoking.

I'm never pushy or annoying. As a smoker, I didn't apreciate it either when people gave me good advice about my smoking. So I know there's no better way to keep a smoker smoking than to do that. That's why it took so long to convince my colleague: a nudge here, a nudge there, until SHE finally decided to give vaping a whirl.

VU Sponsors