“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, I primarily DIY....97%. I do still, from time to time, buy a commercial juice because the profile intrigues me or I want to clone it. Case in point, @SteveS45 talked about a juice called Dough Cream....cookie dough ice cream. I loooooove cookie dough ice cream and can’t eat it anymore so I wanna vape it! The complaint is.....the smallest size it comes in is 100ml! I don’t need 100 ml to clone it. I really just need 15. It seems like companies are only putting out juice in 60’s and up....and I’m annoyed by that. Does that annoy anybody else? Rant over. Thank you for listening.:blowkiss:I know it’s a silly thing to bitch about but I’ve put so much $$ into my DIY stash that I don’t wanna buy 100mls of a juice that I may not even like just to get an idea of a profile.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've never bought 100mls of one flavor of juice in my life, at least not for myself. There's no way I'd do that now that I've started mixing my own.

I'd be willing to bet that you could make an awesome cookie dough ice cream juice.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven’t bought juice for myself in years...
I vape strictly Diy and only rotate between 2 or 3 juices for a total of 6 flavors.
The wife vapes 3 juices using the Same flavorings and buys 1 premier juice for her work/stealth setup.

Have to agree with Nadalama, I’m pretty sure you can find a good cookie dough recipe..
off the top of my head, say try starting with something like -5% tfa vanilla ice cream and 2% fa cookie with 1%fa joy - and maybe go from there. Not saying that’s your answer but is sounds like a decent starting point.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never bought 100mls of one flavor of juice in my life, at least not for myself. There's no way I'd do that now that I've started mixing my own.

I'd be willing to bet that you could make an awesome cookie dough ice cream juice.
Imma working on it!!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven’t bought juice for myself in years...
I vape strictly Diy and only rotate between 2 or 3 juices for a total of 6 flavors.
The wife vapes 3 juices using the Same flavorings and buys 1 premier juice for her work/stealth setup.

Have to agree with Nadalama, I’m pretty sure you can find a good cookie dough recipe..
off the top of my head, say try starting with something like -5% tfa vanilla ice cream and 2% fa cookie with 1%fa joy - and maybe go from there. Not saying that’s your answer but is sounds like a decent starting point.
Right now, I’m using FLV cookie dough, which may or may not be a good idea. I have one steeping right now, so we’ll see what happens. It may need more ice cream.....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right now, I’m using FLV cookie dough, which may or may not be a good idea. I have one steeping right now, so we’ll see what happens. It may need more ice cream.....
Will be interested to hear the final recipe and your thoughts on it
I dig the icecream vapes

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, I primarily DIY....97%. I do still, from time to time, buy a commercial juice because the profile intrigues me or I want to clone it. Case in point, @SteveS45 talked about a juice called Dough Cream....cookie dough ice cream. I loooooove cookie dough ice cream and can’t eat it anymore so I wanna vape it! The complaint is.....the smallest size it comes in is 100ml! I don’t need 100 ml to clone it. I really just need 15. It seems like companies are only putting out juice in 60’s and up....and I’m annoyed by that. Does that annoy anybody else? Rant over. Thank you for listening.:blowkiss:I know it’s a silly thing to bitch about but I’ve put so much $$ into my DIY stash that I don’t wanna buy 100mls of a juice that I may not even like just to get an idea of a profile.

Totally agree. For a different reason -- I have to vape high-PG -- by which, I DON'T mean 70% Pg, I mean 85% Pg AND UP. I also mostly vape the same thing all the time, just because "familiar comfort" is one of the primary things I got from smoking, I smoked the same flavor for over 30 yrs, so vaping the same flavor all the time suits me just fine. But I could deal with 80% Pg, and I might like to try a different flavor now and then, if it was a small quantity. And considering how disappointed I was with 98% of juices I ever bought, I'd be insane to buy 60+ ml of ANYTHING I hadn't tasted.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't bought an ounce of commercial juice in 2 years..I don't know what they re up to....and I don't see buying any in the near future.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's the same insanity that has removed all the high-flavor/tight-draw options from the atomizer market, just because MOST people want hurricane airflow so they can "chuck phat cloudz yo". It's as if all the pantyhose makers decided that since most women are now size B, queen size, and XXX-queen size, they're going to stop making size A completely -- totally ignoring one segment of the market just because it's a smaller segment. IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It used to be that 10 and 15ml juice was the norm, when most average vapers were using +ohm tanks. 30ml bottles were big.

Then came subohm tanks and people were going through 20-30ml of juice a day. 10-15ml bottles didn't make sense any more. Vendors went to larger size because that's what the demand called for. I doubt it makes much business sense now to include 10-15ml juice bottles as not enough people would be interested in them.

But, I have not even looked at vendor juice for a couple years, so what do I know? I doubt I'd be interested in selling bottles less than 100mls if I was a vendor. Seems like it would be a lot of work and expense to offer small bottles for a limited customer base.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems like it would be a lot of work and expense to offer small bottles for a limited customer base.

I think youi're probably right about that.... but that's the kind of logic that would leave size-A women with no pantyhose. ;)

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think youi're probably right about that.... but that's the kind of logic that would leave size-A women with no pantyhose. ;)

Andria

Being a guy, I don't know what size-A is and I prefer women not wear anything under a dress or skirt. :)

That said, I think your analogy is off. I buy stuff by volume all the time where I can only get more than what I need at the time. I discard or save the extra but I don't do without. ;)

Just yesterday I ordered a steak and couldn't eat the whole thing. I don't think that's the same as not having a steak at all. :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Being a guy, I don't know what size-A is and I prefer women not wear anything under a dress or skirt. :)

That said, I think your analogy is off. I buy stuff by volume all the time where I can only get more than what I need at the time. I discard or save the extra but I don't do without. ;)

Just yesterday I ordered a steak and couldn't eat the whole thing. I don't think that's the same as not having a steak at all. :(

It's a perfect analogy, because the logic you stated is that if something is only for a small market segment, then why make it at all? It's the tyranny of the majority, just like with the overwhelming dominance of the high-VG ejuice and cloud-chucker atomizers -- high-PG can no longer be found, nor can tight-draw atomizers that offer any flavor.

And being a guy, you really don't have any inkling of why women DO wear garments under their dresses -- mainly so that perverted men can't see their private parts if the wind happens to blow, and, in the case of pantyhose, so that their legs look nice. Size A is for short and/or slender women, and since obesity is an epidemic in America, most women these days wear size B, queen size, or XXX-queen size -- so why make size A at all? Maybe it's because size-A women also have money to spend? Tight-draw and high-PG vapers have money to spend too, but the vape market ignores them completely.

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well for anyone who still wants to buy premixed juice in small bottles, Vape Wild has it, and they will even throw in freebies.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a perfect analogy, because the logic you stated is that if something is only for a small market segment, then why make it at all? It's the tyranny of the majority, just like with the overwhelming dominance of the high-VG ejuice and cloud-chucker atomizers -- high-PG can no longer be found, nor can tight-draw atomizers that offer any flavor.

And being a guy, you really don't have any inkling of why women DO wear garments under their dresses -- mainly so that perverted men can't see their private parts if the wind happens to blow, and, in the case of pantyhose, so that their legs look nice. Size A is for short and/or slender women, and since obesity is an epidemic in America, most women these days wear size B, queen size, or XXX-queen size -- so why make size A at all? Maybe it's because size-A women also have money to spend? Tight-draw and high-PG vapers have money to spend too, but the vape market ignores them completely.

Andria

I'm not really interested in your personal crusade. ;)

The market wants what the market wants. That's life. I'm not sure what makes you special that you should be catered to.

Tyranny of the majority. :giggle:

You do know that there is nothing stopping you from starting your own business and catering to tootle puffers and high pg users, right? I'm pretty sure there is a reason it's not done. $$$ :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Will be interested to hear the final recipe and your thoughts on it
I dig the icecream vapes
I’ll definitely post it when I get it right! I really love the ice cream vapes, too. It’s getting there....a few more tweaks and it should be good.

VU Sponsors