Become a Patron!

I have a strange dog

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the weirdest dog. She has a perfectly cook steak I cut up for her and she just won't eat it until she decides that she want to. In my experience most dogs will gobble that shit up instantly. (Yes her bed is in my bed she won't sleep anywhere else)
ab09978fd0375fce5841c9991e6a2eb4.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a sweet baby! But I think she could be a bit spoiled....lol! ;)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
most dogs will gobble that shit up instantly

LOL, most non- finicky trained dogs that is:D:D

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When she was 2 she had a fight with her mom and fell off the couch broke her arm. After billions of dollars of surgery and screws and titanium plateher front arm is still floppy and she limps so I carry her and spoil her. When I'm home she with me at all times.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She no doubt has pain , but little memory of what happened now, they have about a 2 week memory hold, then everyday routines take over, you have her in your routine to carry and spoil her, so in a way, you trained her to snub steak....LOL;)
One emotion dogs can't understand is when we feel bad for them, they understand happiness, anger and sadness, but they cannot relate our sadness to a particular event.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some dogs are weird like that. My Neo mastif will only eat food that I approve. If someone else gives him something, he brings it to me and I have to tell him it's ok before he will eat it. 170lbs of droopieness that is the most gentle animal you will ever meet. Unless you mess with his girl, the pit... Only thing that will piss him off.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some dogs are weird like that. My Neo mastif will only eat food that I approve. If someone else gives him something, he brings it to me and I have to tell him it's ok before he will eat it. 170lbs of droopieness that is the most gentle animal you will ever meet. Unless you mess with his girl, the pit... Only thing that will piss him off.
That's a good thing to teach any pet. My mom almost lost her Doberman when one of her neighbors poisoned him. Fortunately, they gave him too much and it only made him sick. :(

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a good thing to teach any pet. My mom almost lost her Doberman when one of her neighbors poisoned him. Fortunately, they gave him too much and it only made him sick. :(
He has been like that since I got him as a puppy. Won't get on furniture either. Super smart and laid back. You can give him multiple commands and he will follow them in order. I love mastiffs.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When she was 2 she had a fight with her mom and fell off the couch broke her arm. After billions of dollars of surgery and screws and titanium plateher front arm is still floppy and she limps so I carry her and spoil her. When I'm home she with me at all times.

At least she has a good owner that takes care of her.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is why I never let mine out of my site, sick fuckers in the world today, weirdness of the human kind to watch out for.
I would kill anyone that hurt my animals. Fuck the law, I would hunt down their families as well. People that know me know that is the biggest mistake you could make... Owning a pit bull with so many pit haters around its been a chore. 2 people met my baseball bat for making threats. And they were very well informed that if I ever saw them on my property, I would kill them.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would kill anyone that hurt my animals. Fuck the law, I would hunt down their families as well. People that know me know that is the biggest mistake you could make... Owning a pit bull with so many pit haters around its been a chore. 2 people met my baseball bat for making threats. And they were very well informed that if I ever saw them on my property, I would kill them.
I may have found one of them
AAbYMR6_zpsgkt4gxgz.jpg

LOL JK

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would kill anyone that hurt my animals.
Family is family and that's just how it is. Now, sometimes you have to take your licks. I had one of mine get away for a few days and come back with some pellet holes in her. I was mad as hell and wanted to do something stupid but, at the end of the day, she had been harassing cattle and the land owner had lost some head to that (from other animals) or whatever. Mad as I was we just let it be and now my pup has a few scars which she doesn't care about. Had it been some jerk that just shot her for no reason then, yeah, I'd be in jail right now for breaking his face.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Family is family and that's just how it is. Now, sometimes you have to take your licks. I had one of mine get away for a few days and come back with some pellet holes in her. I was mad as hell and wanted to do something stupid but, at the end of the day, she had been harassing cattle and the land owner had lost some head to that (from other animals) or whatever. Mad as I was we just let it be and now my pup has a few scars which she doesn't care about. Had it been some jerk that just shot her for no reason then, yeah, I'd be in jail right now for breaking his face.
I can understand that. But my dogs are indoor dogs, and are only outside under my watch, on my property. Anyone that shoots at them is shooting at me and my house as well. One of them didn't see me because I was against the house. He won't be walking again before his trip to hell. I've still got his shotgun too. Cheap piece of shit gun...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is why I never let mine out of my site, sick fuckers in the world today, weirdness of the human kind to watch out for.
Some asshole anti-hunting zealots put little piles of poisoned dog food around some lakes where I live during Duck hunting season. They crowed about it in social media until even the animal right zealots turned on them because they killed dogs trying to stop the killing of Ducks. Thankfully one of them fucked up and cross linked a post to her Facebook profile by accident, the cops were all over it. Three women and 2 men were arrested and charged, they pled out and got 90 days jail time, 10 years probation plus restitution. Oh yea, all of them were militant vegans and University students.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've got a six foot fence, and I rarely leave my dog out of longer than time to do his business. I totally understand all of you, he's my family, my most loyal companion.

@SomeTexan I feel you on people and their disdain, or rather misinformation, towards Pits. It's the owner, not the breed. I've met many pit bulls with responsible kind owners, they were well trained, friendly, and pretty damn calm in their demeanor. Unfortunately, the nature of their bodies makes them ideal for unsavory things, and the people who raise them that way ruin the reputation of a kind and loyal breed.

I had a chocolate lab, prior to my current dog, and he was a pure bred block head, frisbee catching badass, and was lean and jacked up. I had a landlord sell my house mid lease, and the new owner called Denver animal control to report that I had a Pit Bull, illegal there. I took him to my parents house, and left him until I moved, I wasn't about to let animal control take him and test him and do who knows what.

@dre my dog is trained to not fuck with food, but if I presented that to him, it would be gone in an instant upon given permission. Cute pup, and good for you for taking care of the leg. I lost my lab to cancer when he was 6, I spent a shit ton of money on the surgery. He got attacked by two dogs once, too, another shit ton of money on surgery, but, it's what we do for our pets. You've got a lucky dog, eating like that. ;)

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can understand that. But my dogs are indoor dogs, and are only outside under my watch, on my property. Anyone that shoots at them is shooting at me and my house as well. One of them didn't see me because I was against the house. He won't be walking again before his trip to hell. I've still got his shotgun too. Cheap piece of shit gun...
Jesus, on your property shooting towards your house and at your animals? I got a pill for that, it's called 425 grain BearTooth Pile Driver Jr. driven out of a 450 Marlin (yeah, I'll get a 45/70 some day).

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Jesus, on your property shooting towards your house and at your animals? I got a pill for that, it's called 425 grain BearTooth Pile Driver Jr. driven out of a 450 Marlin (yeah, I'll get a 45/70 some day).
Yea, his German shepherd had to be put down because it attacked the pregnant woman next door to him, so he didn't think I should be able to own a pit. There are 3 dogs and 3 cats in my house and they all get along. It's all about how they are raised.

Oh, 325 grain .45 Colt (not the auto crap, a real .45) in front of 40 grains of Triple 7. Would have had to go back in the house for it, the bat was beside the back door...

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea, his German shepherd had to be put down because it attacked the pregnant woman next door to him, so he didn't think I should be able to own a pit. There are 3 dogs and 3 cats in my house and they all get along. It's all about how they are raised.

Oh, 325 grain .45 Colt (not the auto crap, a real .45) in front of 40 grains of Triple 7. Would have had to go back in the house for it, the bat was beside the back door...
Yeah it is, we got two medium dogs and two cats and they get along just frickin' fine. Like you said, it's how you raise 'em. Don't figure how he feels the need to take it out on your Pit but sounds like you got it sorted. You know, if you beat an animal from birth and starve it and make it mean then it's gonna turn out mean. Same thing with people.

I'm dying for a lever in 45 LC. Well and one in 357 and 44 and 41 and and... My 450 is my baby. 405 or 425 pushed by 4198, Varget, Trail Boss or Tin Star; whatever gets it to 1,600 FPS or so; don't need to do light speed with a brick like that....

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it is, we got two medium dogs and two cats and they get along just frickin' fine. Like you said, it's how you raise 'em. Don't figure how he feels the need to take it out on your Pit but sounds like you got it sorted. You know, if you beat an animal from birth and starve it and make it mean then it's gonna turn out mean. Same thing with people.

I'm dying for a lever in 45 LC. Well and one in 357 and 44 and 41 and and... My 450 is my baby. 405 or 425 pushed by 4198, Varget, Trail Boss or Tin Star; whatever gets it to 1,600 FPS or so; don't need to do light speed with a brick like that....
Yup, well sorted. Ok, there is still court shit going on, but he doesn't stand a chance. The whole town hates him and has been showing up as witnesses. Plus, he has a record of abusing his wife...

Nope, bricks don't need velocity to have energy. I would avoid Winchester .45 lever guns. Every one I've shot had issues with bulging the casings. Unless you are going really early production... I've owned about half a dozen looking for a good one, no dice. .444 marlin or 45-70 is the way to go.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the weirdest dog. She has a perfectly cook steak I cut up for her and she just won't eat it until she decides that she want to. In my experience most dogs will gobble that shit up instantly. (Yes her bed is in my bed she won't sleep anywhere else)
ab09978fd0375fce5841c9991e6a2eb4.jpg

Aww, Dre. She's very sweet!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey my dog pees in his food bowl okay? So yeah, all our animals are unique in their own way. Of course he's kinda dumb cuz I did drop him on his head as a baby, quite literally I'm afraid.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About that uniqueness... a friend of mine has had a cat since forever. And this is probably the most spoiled animal that I have seen, it eats only chicken meat... I mean only that and sometimes tuna, it won't even touch cat food. So the thing that this incredibly playful cat loves the most are balloons. It loves balloons and it is freaking terrified from oranges. So if you want the cat to stay away from your bed , you put some oranges on it :D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup it's the citrus they don't like, I have a bullmastiff that will fall over herself trying to get away if I have an orange peel in my hands, works as a great training tool:D

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My BullCat (Pitbull x Catahoula) will eat ANYTHING! I swear he does not even sniff. Just eats... It is not good...

However he is well trained and will not eat until told to do so, unless he thinks you are not watching. I have caught him up on the kitchen counter, licking the plates laying in the sink that had not been rinsed yet. Damn athletic dogs...

Just to test this does not smell, just eats theory, I handed him a sliver of ghost chili skin... He threw it up, but did not hesitate to eat it. Oranges, lemons, grapefruits... nothing put him off.

Now he does not get fed human food. This is stuff he sneaks when backs are turned.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like that one has the stomach of a black bear....LMAO!!!
Yeah, he keeps everything except the ghost chili down, and always has solid stool. I should change his name from Camo to Iron Gut! lol

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup it's the citrus they don't like, I have a bullmastiff that will fall over herself trying to get away if I have an orange peel in my hands, works as a great training tool:D
I never really though about it , but you are probably right. I will suggest a lemon based experiment to my friend :D

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree completely. "perfectly cooked" as according to you. Dogs do better rare to raw
It was medium rare she ended up eating if after I took a piece and showed her I like it and then told her it's OK to eat it and she ate it slowly. Hid a piece under my pillow lol nice to wake up to meat stuck to your arm.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was medium rare she ended up eating if after I took a piece and showed her I like it and then told her it's OK to eat it and she ate it slowly. Hid a piece under my pillow lol nice to wake up to meat stuck to your arm.

Medium rare is mediumly overcooked in my book. If it was safe I would be all about lop off the horns, skin it and throw it on a plate, but as things are a nice 120 degree rare center please!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Medium rare is mediumly overcooked in my book. If it was safe I would be all about lop off the horns, skin it and throw it on a plate, but as things are a nice 120 degree rare center please!
I totally agree with you. I only cook it till its the 160° in the center and have the grill marks. I think it taste better when its just heated up and slightly cooked outside to add some flavor.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

:) Dogs.... What are you gonna do...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Better that than a poopy stuck to your arm

tumblr_lsrlu7RCTG1qcqhsno1_500_zpsc789df61.png
:D:D

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Has happened on my shirt dingle berries

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got a six foot fence, and I rarely leave my dog out of longer than time to do his business. I totally understand all of you, he's my family, my most loyal companion.

@SomeTexan I feel you on people and their disdain, or rather misinformation, towards Pits. It's the owner, not the breed. I've met many pit bulls with responsible kind owners, they were well trained, friendly, and pretty damn calm in their demeanor. Unfortunately, the nature of their bodies makes them ideal for unsavory things, and the people who raise them that way ruin the reputation of a kind and loyal breed.

I had a chocolate lab, prior to my current dog, and he was a pure bred block head, frisbee catching badass, and was lean and jacked up. I had a landlord sell my house mid lease, and the new owner called Denver animal control to report that I had a Pit Bull, illegal there. I took him to my parents house, and left him until I moved, I wasn't about to let animal control take him and test him and do who knows what.

@dre my dog is trained to not fuck with food, but if I presented that to him, it would be gone in an instant upon given permission. Cute pup, and good for you for taking care of the leg. I lost my lab to cancer when he was 6, I spent a shit ton of money on the surgery. He got attacked by two dogs once, too, another shit ton of money on surgery, but, it's what we do for our pets. You've got a lucky dog, eating like that. ;)

Cheyenne Animal Control took away my neo mastiff back I brought back with me from Naples when I moved here in 2009? They said my pet passport was false as it's blue coat and blue eyes were illegal to bring into america.....also didn't help that the apartment landlords where dicks and didn't see he was trained and never barked? It seems wyoming and colorado are quite liberal in certain aspects i.e. Gay marriage, everyone carry concealed, recreational weed yet they are fear mongerers on shit that isnt as relevant/impacting compared to the stuff they think is A-Okay. I now have a Belgium Mali. She is full on trained but is a gentle giant that is afraid to go outside. She will rape your hand with her nose for pets yet has major anxiety when in the rront yard and sheds all her hair lol. I constantly get complaints because she barks at door to door salesmen even though I have a no solicitors sign and the police seem to care more about my dog in a locked house attacking tresspassers outside of this house. It is annoying when dogs get blamed for being vicious psychos. Mine can shred a person quicker than a pit (I have her swat style trained where you have to go behind and choke them for a second as sometimes verbal command dogs lessen their bite grip anticipating a stop command sorry sounds cruel but it is quite amazing in action). I think certain pets need to have a special permit because its not the dogs fault the owner is a moron. PS OP you got a cutey brother and nothing wrong with caddling your pooch :) and sorry for rambling our society is slowly going downhill

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Your story reminded me of another Texan that shot Marcus Lutrell's dog.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine can shred a person quicker than a pit (I have her swat style trained where you have to go behind and choke them for a second as sometimes verbal command dogs lessen their bite grip anticipating a stop command sorry sounds cruel but it is quite amazing in action). I think certain pets need to have a special permit because its not the dogs fault the owner is a moron. PS OP you got a cutey brother and nothing wrong with caddling your pooch :) and sorry for rambling our society is slowly going downhill
tumblr_ncrgq14tNI1rsghfro1_500_zps3c89ef5e.gif

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your story reminded me of another Texan that shot Marcus Lutrell's dog.

Yea, a lot of us will kill for our dogs. Same with horses. And we are armed. If it was me driving, the cops wouldn't have seen the dog shooters alive...

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cheyenne Animal Control took away my neo mastiff back I brought back with me from Naples when I moved here in 2009? They said my pet passport was false as it's blue coat and blue eyes were illegal to bring into america.....also didn't help that the apartment landlords where dicks and didn't see he was trained and never barked? It seems wyoming and colorado are quite liberal in certain aspects i.e. Gay marriage, everyone carry concealed, recreational weed yet they are fear mongerers on shit that isnt as relevant/impacting compared to the stuff they think is A-Okay. I now have a Belgium Mali. She is full on trained but is a gentle giant that is afraid to go outside. She will rape your hand with her nose for pets yet has major anxiety when in the rront yard and sheds all her hair lol. I constantly get complaints because she barks at door to door salesmen even though I have a no solicitors sign and the police seem to care more about my dog in a locked house attacking tresspassers outside of this house. It is annoying when dogs get blamed for being vicious psychos. Mine can shred a person quicker than a pit (I have her swat style trained where you have to go behind and choke them for a second as sometimes verbal command dogs lessen their bite grip anticipating a stop command sorry sounds cruel but it is quite amazing in action). I think certain pets need to have a special permit because its not the dogs fault the owner is a moron. PS OP you got a cutey brother and nothing wrong with caddling your pooch :) and sorry for rambling our society is slowly going downhill
I bet someone wanted your dog so they made an excuse to take it. I've got a Neo mastif myself, although he is a black brindle, and not many people know what he is. I've been offered $10,000 for him, but I would never sell him. Best dog I've ever owned... I would have gut shot the landlord over that shit.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
land of the free...

That is some straight up bullshit. Pet passport. I got your pet passport hangin' right here.

VU Sponsors