Become a Patron!

i like sweet vape, what is the best way on making your vape taste sweet??

Boshin The Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
every time i do a diy there neva sweet like the premium vapes how do i get that sweet taste please help??

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
EM aka Cotton Candy
Sweeteners from TFA, CAP etc.
Liquid Stevia extract in Alcohol or VG base, be sure they're are no other "added" things.
I dilute my Now brand "Better Stevia" in Glycerite(VG) 25% + 75%PG.
Only use 2-3 drops per 15ml or you can taste it IMO.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There are tons of sweeteners you can use. Many that are very potent. You'll find most listed within this forum.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
what flavors are you trying to sweeten up ?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're shooting for a strawberry then Capella's strawberry sweet is essential for me. I mix it equal parts tfa strawberry ripe.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wowza nobody beat me too it.

Here are my newbie things I've learned along the way in addition to the above...

There lots of other flavors that can give the desired touch of sweet without addition "sweetness".

Some of the flavor fan favorites are things like...marshmallow FA or tpa, amber FA, combination of vanilla & caramel, brown sugar, and the list goes on.

There is an above posting asking about what recipies are you trying to sweeten. That is the key...for example I like the addition of vanilla and caramel FA to tobacco recipies for my own taste. For some of my fruity vapes I sometimes like a touch of brown sugar tpa. It just depends.

The other question or thing to think about will be are the vendor juices overly sweet because they are tailored to ex-smokers and the like (that was me at one point). I found when I was switching to diy and asking about sweeteners some folks chimed in and said they find their own mixes to be sweet enough already. I delayed my sweetener surclose purchase and stuck with it. My taste profile adjusted and now I don't see a need in purchasing it. I even see posts with people saying their bottle of sweetener just sits their picking up dust. All of this is just food for thought

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
every time i do a diy there neva sweet like the premium vapes how do i get that sweet taste please help??
I use sucralose in most of my sweet juices, but only between 1 and 2 percent. Many """premium""" juices do the same thing with varyiing amounts of sucralose or ethel maltol, then tag team it with very high vg, to accomplish a sweet taste.

I was in the exact same spot as you, I wanted my juice to be sweeter and was having a hard time accomplishing it. Ive found that a small amount of sucralose not only sweetened up the juice, but helped bring out other flavors.

jumphour

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really enjoying my pure sucralose powder I got at ecigexpress. I made a VERY sweet solution, and use it in my DIY, and it only takes 3 drops to make a very large coffee sweet.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will use some TFA Sweetener (Sucralose) for friends juices that like it crazy sweet, too sweet for me. I will sometimes add .50% for my own mixes though if a mix just needs a little pop. I ordered some sweetener from one on one flavors as it is not sucralose but they only said it is a proprietary blend.

Were can you buy pure liquid Stevia? Kal Pure Stevia use to be pure but now contains maltodextrin so there goes the pure part. I love using Stevia for my coffee but not sure how to buy the liquid form for my DIY e-liquid

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Were can you buy pure liquid Stevia? Kal Pure Stevia use to be pure but now contains maltodextrin so there goes the pure part. I love using Stevia for my coffee but not sure how to buy the liquid form for my DIY e-liquid

This is what I use, and just make a 25% dilution in 75% PG, but you could also use VG instead.
I think you can also find smaller 4oz sizes if needed.
http://www.vitacost.com/now-foods-better-stevia-glycerite-alcohol-free-liquid-extract-8-fl-oz

FYI Glycerite is just VG.

I also use in my coffee, undiluted of course.

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sucralose is God awful. I just don't see how people can use artificial sweeteners. Especially when people are using them at 1 or 2% in mixes. They over power a juice and make them taste like a diet coke. Stevia works wonders and it's a natural sweetener. When I use it I only do one or two drops per 10ml.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I use, and just make a 25% dilution in 75% PG, but you could also use VG instead.
I think you can also find smaller 4oz sizes if needed.
http://www.vitacost.com/now-foods-better-stevia-glycerite-alcohol-free-liquid-extract-8-fl-oz

FYI Glycerite is just VG.

I also use in my coffee, undiluted of course.

I was able to find it on Amazon for $17.48 shipped, you just have to select "Ships from and sold by DailyVita". If you buy it from other sellers then either you have to pay shipping or spend over $35 to qualify for free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A249CL9PVB6VZW

I am going to mix it up 25% to 75% PG like you mentioned Heabob, thanks again for the info.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was able to find it on Amazon for $17.48 shipped, you just have to select "Ships from and sold by DailyVita". If you buy it from other sellers then either you have to pay shipping or spend over $35 to qualify for free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A249CL9PVB6VZW

I am going to mix it up 25% to 75% PG like you mentioned Heabob, thanks again for the info.

The link you provided is for the alcohol base rather than VG but you can still use it OK.

Think you got a pretty good deal for yours tho.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sucralose is God awful. I just don't see how people can use artificial sweeteners. Especially when people are using them at 1 or 2% in mixes. They over power a juice and make them taste like a diet coke. Stevia works wonders and it's a natural sweetener. When I use it I only do one or two drops per 10ml.

I've seen many at higher amounts than that:rolleyes:.

Tastes like Diet Coke, yes, yup, & Yuk...

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The link you provided is for the alcohol base rather than VG but you can still use it OK.

Think you got a pretty good deal for yours tho.

Dang, I like alcohol so hopefully they use Stoli :D

Here is the non alcohol version: in 2 oz and 8 oz I should have ordered :

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmm, can't seem to post links, just search: NOW Foods Better Stevia Liquid Sweetener Glycerite on amazon for the products

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an update. I did get the sweetener from one on one flavors, not sucralose but it smells and tastes a little lemony. Will update again when I have had a chance to use it, hopefully this weekend.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use FA Cotton Candy as a sweetener in a lot of mixes.
In small amounts it acts as a good sweetener and doesn't alter the taste or the quality of vape.

I also use FA Marshmallow as a sweetener.
It can be used in larger amounts without altering the flavor then FA Cotton Candy, but it will add creamyness to the vapor which will make the liquid taste a bit differently. However, FA Marshmallow contains diacetyl though.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

VU Sponsors