Become a Patron!

I need a larger tank

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone,

I have recently decided to get into vaping. It appears as though it's really doing the job with helping me quit cigarettes. For my first setup I purchased a Kanger topbox nano with a toptank nano tank. I find myself refilling the tank a little more frequently than I'd like. Am I able to use essentially any tank with this? I could use a run-down on what will work and what won't work as I want to upgrade my tank.

Thanks alot!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anything with a 510 connection, it's a standard, other than the eGo type tanks (smaller pen ecig type things) I haven't seen any other option (with one exception, but it was obviously funky).

The thing you want to pay attention to is your power availability and the ratings of the tanks you look at. For example you may hear about something like the Crown, well that won't work well for you as it's typically used above 60w which is your limit.

As far as a suggestion, not sure off the top of my head. I would say what I used that would fit is the Atlantis v1 with the 5mL extension, however there is probably better options at this point, just not something I'm all caught up on. Maybe the Freemax Starre? Everything else that comes to mind is right in that ~3-3.5mL range so not really a size upgrade other than the Atlantis + Extension or the Starre.

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anything with a 510 connection, it's a standard, other than the eGo type tanks (smaller pen ecig type things) I haven't seen any other option (with one exception, but it was obviously funky).

The thing you want to pay attention to is your power availability and the ratings of the tanks you look at. For example you may hear about something like the Crown, well that won't work well for you as it's typically used above 60w which is your limit.

As far as a suggestion, not sure off the top of my head. I would say what I used that would fit is the Atlantis v1 with the 5mL extension, however there is probably better options at this point, just not something I'm all caught up on. Maybe the Freemax Starre? Everything else that comes to mind is right in that ~3-3.5mL range so not really a size upgrade other than the Atlantis + Extension or the Starre.
Thanks. I'll keep all of that in mind. I was looking at this. As far as I can tell it will work. http://www.vapordna.com/OBS-T-VCT-Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/obctvc.htm

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks nice, there is just one thing, the other thing to always check when buying a tank with replacement coilheads. Make sure you can get the replacements for a reasonable price. Now, those look similar to the Atlantis style coils which are very common and work in a large variety of tanks, but I'm not sure. Looking on vaporDNA looks like they don't sell replacements for the .5Ω coil that comes with the tank, which would probably be your best bet. But, they sell an alternative in the .45Ω SS coil, which should work fine within your 60w limit I'd think. In general I'd not go below .3Ω with a 60w limit myself.

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks nice, there is just one thing, the other thing to always check when buying a tank with replacement coilheads. Make sure you can get the replacements for a reasonable price. Now, those look similar to the Atlantis style coils which are very common and work in a large variety of tanks, but I'm not sure. Looking on vaporDNA looks like they don't sell replacements for the .5Ω coil that comes with the tank, which would probably be your best bet. But, they sell an alternative in the .45Ω SS coil, which should work fine within your 60w limit I'd think. In general I'd not go below .3Ω with a 60w limit myself.
Stupid question but are coils tank specific, or could I purchase any .5 ohm coil for that OBS tank?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Stupid question but are coils tank specific, or could I purchase any .5 ohm coil for that OBS tank?
Yes and No, there are almost always coils made for the specific tank, however there are crossovers. Like I said, the Atlantis coil became kind of a standard for these types of tanks.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

thread listing a bunch (probably not all) tanks that can use the Atlantis coils. If you walk into any smoke/vape shop chances are they have at least 2 options for coils, Atlantis and Kanger subtank, where other options you might not be as lucky (though typically can get them online cheaper anyways).

But, for the tank you linked, while it looks similar to the Atlantis coils I'm not sure if the threading/size/etc is the same so not sure, it might be one that has to use only it's own coilheads. There are a good amount of tanks like that as well. So like I said, Yes and No.

Sort of like micro usb is a standard for gadgets, but then Apple just throws us the finger and does their own thing. :p

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes and No, there are almost always coils made for the specific tank, however there are crossovers. Like I said, the Atlantis coil became kind of a standard for these types of tanks.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

thread listing a bunch (probably not all) tanks that can use the Atlantis coils. If you walk into any smoke/vape shop chances are they have at least 2 options for coils, Atlantis and Kanger subtank, where other options you might not be as lucky (though typically can get them online cheaper anyways).

But, for the tank you linked, while it looks similar to the Atlantis coils I'm not sure if the threading/size/etc is the same so not sure, it might be one that has to use only it's own coilheads. There are a good amount of tanks like that as well. So like I said, Yes and No.

Sort of like micro usb is a standard for gadgets, but then Apple just throws us the finger and does their own thing. :p
Haha, awesome man. Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can do some research on it. I just find myself refilling like twice a day sometimes. I'm using it as a way to quit smoking and I don't want to go above 6mg, so I puff alot.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear you. I use a few 2-3mL tanks and drippers, I understand the pain in refilling. My center console in my car has 4 bottles of juice in it. :D

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear you. I use a few 2-3mL tanks and drippers, I understand the pain in refilling. My center console in my car has 4 bottles of juice in it. :D
I need to up my own collection of juice. I've been using CottonTail Cream by Lost Art for two weeks straight. I loved it at first but now I'm getting sick of it. I found this tank as well. Looks pretty nice. It's authentic Playboy licensed. Haha
http://www.vapordna.com/Playboy-Vixen-Ultra-Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/plybyv.htm

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, it's pretty funny (they also have a mod IIRC, leather case and what have you). Anyways, it takes Atlantis style coilheads! :bingo: which is always a nice thing (you don't have to use atlantis, there is a plethora of options for these, it's pretty incredible, it's mainly checking the top threads and if they're needed or not for cross referencing that list I posted earlier, though some have other quirks.

AndyF150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tanks like the Aspire Atlantis and Triton use the same coil. The Herakles Plus coils will also work in either of the Aspire tanks. Kanger OCC and SSOCC coils will work in any subtank or Toptank. Your nano is a pretty small tank so I would recommend the Toptank mini or subtank plus. The .5ohm coils are very easily and cheaply obtained online and an brick and mortar stores. The power limits on the Kanger coils are also within your mods limits. There are also Ni200 coils available for these tanks if you ever want to get into temp control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tanks like the Aspire Atlantis and Triton use the same coil. The Herakles Plus coils will also work in either of the Aspire tanks. Kanger OCC and SSOCC coils will work in any subtank or Toptank. Your nano is a pretty small tank so I would recommend the Toptank mini or subtank plus. The .5ohm coils are very easily and cheaply obtained online and an brick and mortar stores. The power limits on the Kanger coils are also within your mods limits. There are also Ni200 coils available for these tanks if you ever want to get into temp control.

I thought the Herakles plus didn't but the standard Herakles did? Am I remembering incorrectly?

AndyF150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My bad. I meant to say Herakles. Thanks for catching that. I had to go check my vape cabinet to make sure.

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

So if I were to purchase a Kanger Subtank Plus I could load it with a .5 ohm coil?

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
hi and welcome. That Project Subohm tank will work just fine on your mod, but I would also recommend the Toptank mini. And yes, there are .5 coils available for the Toptank/Subtank.

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi and welcome. That Project Subohm tank will work just fine on your mod, but I would also recommend the Toptank mini. And yes, there are .5 coils available for the Toptank/Subtank.
Awesome, good information. Thanks alot =]

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I highly recommend the Uwell Crown tank. The flavor is incredible and the tank holds 4ML. It comes with 3 coils as well. .25ohm, .5ohm, and .15ohm nickel coil (for temp control). The coils last a really long time and you can get one for around 25 bucks now

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I highly recommend the Uwell Crown tank. The flavor is incredible and the tank holds 4ML. It comes with 3 coils as well. .25ohm, .5ohm, and .15ohm nickel coil (for temp control). The coils last a really long time and you can get one for around 25 bucks now

I'll be sure to check that out. Thank you for your input.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll be sure to check that out. Thank you for your input.
I don't recommend the Crown tank, if you do mouth to lungs (like smoking a cigarette). The Crown is more designed for direct to lungs vaping. I'd rather go with either of the Kanger Subtanks for mouth to lungs.

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't recommend the Crown tank, if you do mouth to lungs (like smoking a cigarette). The Crown is more designed for direct to lungs vaping. I'd rather go with either of the Kanger Subtanks for mouth to lungs.
At this point I've pretty much got direct-lung hits down. It's more entertaining. :cloud:

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yes if you are direct lungin' it. Dive in for the Crown. In fact... get 2... or 3.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes if you are direct lungin' it. Dive in for the Crown. In fact... get 2... or 3.
:giggle: I have 2 SS, 2 Black, and 1 Rose Gold. :devil: I prefer them over the TFV4, 'cause I hate having to use a rubber, for avoiding the TFV4 from opening by accident and spilling my eJuice all over the place.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have 2 SS, 2 Black, and 1 Rose Gold
I have 2 of each also. I dont have a mod yet that the rose will look good with so havent got that one. I do have 2 new mods on the way but still dont think it will look right. I need to get that steampunk Tesla!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have 2 of each also. I dont have a mod yet that the rose will look good with so havent got that one. I do have 2 new mods on the way but still dont think it will look right. I need to get that steampunk Tesla!
It looks good on a (clean) copper mod.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It looks good on a (clean) copper mod.
Not too big anymore on the mechs with all the sexy regs out there. But regardless I am in lust with the crown. Got a supreme on the way tho so we shall see if it can rival my crowns with a nice juicy clapton build in it

VU Sponsors