Become a Patron!

I NEED HELP

Hi my coils are taking forever to heat up I am using a rig mod v3 with a dually rda which I paid over 200$ on and it does not heat up my coils fast enough it takes at least 10 seconds any help?also I am using juggernaut coils and I have tired others

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi my coils are taking forever to heat up I am using a rig mod v3 with a dually rda which I paid over 200$ on and it does not heat up my coils fast enough it takes at least 10 seconds any help?also I am using juggernaut coils and I have tired others
So you are using a single 18650 mech right?
this one?
s-l1000.jpg

If so. few questions
1) what battery are you using
2) whats your build look like
3) what resistance
4) what wire type (kanthal, nichrome, SS etc)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am using a imren max 40a 3200mah battery
1st off ditch those batteries. they aren't no 40 amps. get some sony VTC5a batts. they are a true 25 amp battery.
Never use any batteries that aren't samsung, sony or LG.
buy from a good site like illumn.com liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com
Here are the coils
I happen to have those coils. they are mislabeled. they are really .25 amps each not .15 and they are made of kanthal but you should ohm it out to make sure. mine might have been bad? i'm using it in my EXO RTA and my ohm meter and mod both read .25 which shocked me.
Here's the build
3rd and most important. know ohms law.
If your coil was a .15 as they say that would mean 28 amps. and you'd be lucky if that battery was a 15 amp battery. matter of fact you are lucky it didn't vent on you. In no way shape or form what you are doing is safe. If your coil is really .25 like mine is that would be 17 amps which i still don't trust your battery to handle but would be fine with the sony VTC5a

So in short
1) get rid of those batteries, seriously your lucky they didn't vent
2) buy some sony VTC5a batts from a good site like illumn.com IMRbatteries.com or liionwholesale.com
3) ohm out your build and never build lower then .17 with the sony VTC5a batts. .2-.25 will be a good range for your mod and that single coil
4) in general single battery mech mods aren't great for high metal coils like an alien. not enough power. but you should be ok with the single coil in the .2-.25 ohm range. at .25 should be around 70 watts with a full charge. i vape those coils at 50 watts in single coil set up.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would like to add that this is one of the reasons I left mech mods. The single 18650 just didn't have enough power for what I wanted. Granted I was newer then and I'm sure other guys could comment on how to make it work but at the time I wanted something to give more power so I switched to regulated.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to add that this is one of the reasons I left mech mods. The single 18650 just didn't have enough power for what I wanted. Granted I was newer then and I'm sure other guys could comment on how to make it work but at the time I wanted something to give more power so I switched to regulated.
A few years ago a single battery mech was able to provide a lot more power then the regulated devices of the time could, but eventually regulated passed mechs.
It's possible to get a lot of power from a serial/parallel mech box.

VU Sponsors