Become a Patron!
Semi new to vaping and building. Having troubles with the Smok Big Baby Beast on a Wismec Reuleaux Rx200 ( Baby beast isnt even 6 months old). Would appreciate some help. I do not have a testing kit yet.. Sadly... ive been using some triple Clapton coils in a build, for a couple months and have had no problems at all. Picked up some new coils today. Went to put them in and I'm getting error code "atomizer low" or "atomizer short" mostly the atom low code (I have googled codes, and tried everything for solutions). I've gotten the codes maybe once or twice before, but have always fixed the problem by tweaking my coils. Now it seems that I can only have 1 coil in. Test fire to see if it gives the code, as soon as I throw the second coil in, code pops up... I'm gonna go to the vap shop tomorrow, but figured I'd ask the interwebs for help as well.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU....:vino:

What ohm is a single coil showing on the mod?.... which is not that accurate to begin with, but it will give you a ballpark number.

I would think the coils are just too low ohm for the mod to fire.

Have you tried the atty on a different mod?

Please pick up a decent ohmmeter, you'll thank yourself later. It's important to know what you're putting in your mouth.

Welcome to VU....:vino:

What ohm is a single coil showing on the mod?.... which is not that accurate to begin with, but it will give you a ballpark number.

I would think the coils are just too low ohm for the mod to fire.

Have you tried the atty on a different mod?

Please pick up a decent ohmmeter, you'll thank yourself later. It's important to know what you're putting in your mouth.

Thanks for the help, I went to the shop and they said the same thing, he built me 2 coils and it's working better than ever. The thing I don't understand is, i was using the same coils before and they worked.. guess I just got lucky. I plan on picking up a reader very soon. Busted foot is keeping my income to a minimum at the moment so it will have to wait. Thanks once again!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the help, I went to the shop and they said the same thing, he built me 2 coils and it's working better than ever. The thing I don't understand is, i was using the same coils before and they worked.. guess I just got lucky. I plan on picking up a reader very soon. Busted foot is keeping my income to a minimum at the moment so it will have to wait. Thanks once again!

And welcome to VU :wave:

Good luck with vaping - and your busted foot

IMG_0534.JPG Well, I'm back with some more issues.. Hoping the interwebs can help me once again.. * Short story below, grab your reading glasses* My first issue is with the TFV8 Big Baby Beast.. Again.. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I had gone to the vape shop and thought I got everything fixed up and ready to puff.. well my Baby Beast is acting up again, doing the same thing as before (Update: I picked up a alien 220w, that's my current mod for now) so, when I try to fire it up on my 220, I get a couple codes "Ohm to low" "atomizer short" "Don't abuse protection".. scary stuff for a newbie.. the "ohm to low" would be understandable if my ohms were actually to low. But,To my understanding, the 220 can fire down to .100 ohms, and the coils that the vap shop built for me were .170/.200 somewhere in that region (I know the 220 isn't a ohm reader so I can understand if it's off by a bit or w.e..) so I tinkered with those coils, taking wraps out, re-positioning. Nothing worked, so I put in different coils that fired at .700. Lots of room for the mod to be off by a couple ohm. They fired for 1-2 seconds. And same messages popped up.. (I have tried the Baby Beast on my Mrs. 220, and my jaybo rx200.. nothing) now I'm irritated and have no more ideas than to go into the vape shop, and look like a fool when he gets everything up and going in no time..
Next issue is with my brand new Smok Alien 220W... just purchased less than 3 weeks ago. Was happy and loving it. Very pleased. I threw on my Dot Mod RDA to throw some clouds. (Since my Baby Beast is funky -.-) Noticed that my screen wasent on, i thought maybe I accidentally put it into "stealth Mode" and didn't think to much of it. Couple hours of vaping I wanted to check my battery life, and noticed my screen wasn't coming on. At all. Pull batteries out. Back in, Turn on mod. Nothing on the screen. When I press the fire button 3 times (to bring up my settings and options) I can see little pixels and such around the edges, and I can almost make out what setting I'm trying to select. Anyways, my screen pooped out on my 220W. Haven't dropped it, barely put the thing in my pocket. I've taken good care of it.. so I thought.. is it just my luck and vaping? Or am I doing something wrong?.. *Sigh*..
if you've stayed this long, your a trooper! Looking forward to any help I get before I go to the shop tomorrow. *pic uptop is my screen.. its very hard to see, my apologies, but that's the best pic of the blackness I can get..*

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U, anytime you take wraps out of a coil you lower the ohms, My thoughts are a short, maybe internally , when your atty gets warm things ever so slightly expand. Did you get any moisture into your Alien 220, maybe even from picking up moisture from perspiration carrying it in your pocket on a hot day? In that case you could put it in a bowl of rice , sometimes the rice will pull the water out. These are only my thoughts. I am sure others will chime in.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It does sound like you might have a short somewhere. As far as your mod goes I would return it, did you buy it at the shop? Take it back and hopefully they will replace it. You also could try and re flash it with the firmware first. Personally I would take back to shop first.

IMG_0542.JPG IMG_0543.JPG Thanks for the help everyone. I took my alien back to the shop, since it was only 3 weeks old he was very understanding and threw me a new one (Thank jebus). One of the guys thought that maybe from taking my batteries out to charge them, it wore out a connection in the bottom of my vape, but nothing was confirmed. As for the Big Baby Beast. We figured out that there was a shortage going on. The bottom of my coil head was arching out and touching the base it's self, not through the copper connectors. So that seemed to be the culprit for giving me the "atomizer short" "don't abuse protection" messages. Makes sense... now I know for the future. (In the pictures above, you can see the burn marks in the bottom right, and top right of the coil. And the scratch marks on the inside of the base) It's not like I was even over tightening them, just nice and snug. Hopfully these posts help somone out in the future!

eJuices.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had the same issue every now and then, I usally find that tweaking the coil depth a bit can help

So I'm back with some updates and questions. As far as updates go, I'm on my 3rd alien 220... as the post above says ^ I had a screen blackout issue with my first one, the shop replaced it with no hassle! Thankfully. As for the second alien 220... I was trying to build the big Baby Beast RTA on the alien, and I guess something shorted out in the alien and caused it to... I don't know.. glitch out?.. normally when I fired my mod, it would count the seconds of the fire button being held, like most mods do. After the "glitch" happened, it would show me the seconds AFTER I let go of the fire button.. the volts and amps stayed at the same numbers (something like 0.44 volts) and wouldn't change no matter what the wattage was. Most importantly, no matter how long I held the fire, no vapor was being produced. So I took the mod back to the shop... and more hesitantly this time, they replaced my mod.... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?? :'(.... I'm treating my 3rd alien like a golden nugget... Anyways, to my questions. I've bought the Smok Cloud Beast (loving it) been problem free vaping with it for about 3 weeks now. But I've just recently had some leaking issues with the factory made coils. From what I can see, the juice is dripping from where the coils and Cotten sits. I've made sure the coil is secured tightly. And my top cap is aswell. I'm pretty positive that it's absourbing to much? Or something?.. am I priming my coils to much? Do I need to "break it in" a little bit so my Cotten isn't so absourbant? Any help is much appreciated guys.
^Sorry for another short story^

Update with the leakage... I think I was screwing my RTA on a bit to tight, pinching the o rings and causing the leakage... sorry for my newbish knowledge of vaping!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update with the leakage... I think I was screwing my RTA on a bit to tight, pinching the o rings and causing the leakage... sorry for my newbish knowledge of vaping!
Hey, you'll never know if you don't ask. Great to hear you figured out the problems..!

VU Sponsors