Become a Patron!

I need some help on a mod.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to figure out which mod to go with the XPro m50 or the Cloupor T8 150w. I wanting to get the best set up are $300. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, the T8 has been proven in multiple occasion as shit. In reality, it only puts out about 70w.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sigelei 150 w is praised by a lot of folks here. What type of atty would u plan on using it with?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That said u definitely want a higher wattage device that can handle them. I don't sub ohm, but from what I've read the sigelei 100 or 150 would do u just fine.

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there a box out there that puts out a true high watts?
What are you wanting the watts for? For three hundred you could have a vapor flask DNA 40 or Vapor Shark rdna 40 with enough left over for a nice atty. At least look at the temperature sensing option . I'm really liking mine no dry hits off anything and the coils and cotton are lasting longer.

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Boshears you can sub ohm on the VS dna40 now u need to look into battery life and and how compact you want it to be, i went with the VS dna40 because it is smaller and what i wanted and also has temperature control if you want you an get a sigelei also, which is larger and takes 2 18650!!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMO, anytime someone want to sub ohm, they should be looking at a device that is at least a duel 18650. Reason being, battery life. Any single bat device runs empty quick sub ohming.

The Sig 100 watt is what I own, and have owned for a while now. Good, dependable device.

You could look at a Smaug 150 watt too. They are just arriving in the US and are designed by former Segelei employees. I am going to buy one soon.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@freemind the only reason smaug is off the table is the limitations that are factory set.
I build below .18 at times and to have that limit is meh on choosing a device.
I am still trying to make my choice and I like to have my options free.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@freemind the only reason smaug is off the table is the limitations that are factory set.
I build below .18 at times and to have that limit is meh on choosing a device.
I am still trying to make my choice and I like to have my options free.
Typically, I am not dropping below .3 anymore, and prefer to stay at .5 or higher. I don't like a boiling hot vape anyway, and besides, I don't want to push battery safety anymore.
I like the looks and the style of the Smaug. I can build within it's limitations no problem.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
True enough, @freemind.
While I do enjoy the .18 builds my most currents have been sitting around .22-.30 but like the option if it there to dip into and close to dead short ville.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for a solid mod that will do you right with those kanger and aspire tanks, might i suggest the sx mini...
also remember that both those coil types will soon be out with nickel coils...a dna 40 would be needed for the temp protect usage...
a vapor shark or a vapor flask could be the "one"...

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Atlantis is optimal between 30-35w The subtank I think is in the 25-30w range so there is a great many devices that will fire those coils.

I think there are better options in your price range than both the T8 and the Smok xpro 50

Now if you see yourself using other rda's and want to go into lower sub ohm builds then a 100w dual batt box may be what you need.

A box I am looking at is the http://www.milehighmods.com/box-mods 100w sx350 yihi chip. That mod can be seen in this thread http://www.milehighmods.com/box-mods and those that have one say it hits like a beast so I have it on my list.

Good luck on the mod search I know it is a daunting task with so many options out there.

Last edited:

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Atlantis is optimal between 30-35w The subtank I think is in the 25-30w range so there a great many devices will fire those coils.

I think there are better options in your price range than both the T8 and the Smok xpro 50

Now if you see yourself using other rda's and want to go into lower sub ohm builds then a 100w dual batt box may be what you need.

A box I am looking at is the http://www.milehighmods.com/box-mods 100w sx350 yihi chip. That mod can be seen in this thread http://www.milehighmods.com/box-mods and those that have one say it hits like a beast so I have it on my list.

Good luck on the mod search I know it is a daunting task with so many options out there.
thats a sharp looking device...
with an awesome board !!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei 100w, 100Wplus. Sub-Tank, or a Lemo if you want to rebuild. You can get this setup below $140. My Cloupor T6 just took a shit on me last week, what a POS, bullshit software plus no where near 100watts. Stay the fuck away from Cloupor mods, they are garbage, both in quality and actual watts versus advertised watts.

Hey Fictitious, that Mile High Mod I got kicks ass. PM me for more info...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Were I in the market for another Sig, I'd buy the 150. I like the looks of the new 150's and see they offer it in red now, with black buttons. Looks cool.

I am probably gonna buy a Smaug next, as my next VV/VW mod.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any information on this or to good to be true? http://vapingcheap.com/kamry-200-watt-mod/

It's iffy imo. Although if you plan on using an Atlantis or Kanger Subtank, and/or have no current interest in rebuilding drippers, anything over 100w is a complete overkill for your needs. Even then, you essentially need to keep in mind you are going up to 100w for the all day battery life, which is sufficient enough with 2 18650....not because you'll actually end up using most of those extra watts.

My advice would be to go with the Sigelei 100w Plus, don't skimp on the charger and batteries, and save yourself some "spending just to spend it" cash.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's iffy imo. Although if you plan on using an Atlantis or Kanger Subtank, and/or have no current interest in rebuilding drippers, anything over 100w is a complete overkill for your needs. Even then, you essentially need to keep in mind you are going up to 100w for the all day battery life, which is sufficient enough with 2 18650....not because you'll actually end up using most of those extra watts.

My advice would be to go with the Sigelei 100w Plus, don't skimp on the charger and batteries, and save yourself some "spending just to spend it" cash.
Actually the kamry 200 is cheaper than the sigelei.. but triple batteries and unknown also since they have not been released into the wild.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IPV is a solid crap shoot, while not as bad as clouper they have had some serious reliability issues.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IPV is a solid crap shoot, while not as bad as clouper they have had some serious reliability issues.

In all honesty I think all Chinese mods are a crap shoot. Guess it all depends where you want to lay your chips down.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually the kamry 200 is cheaper than the sigelei.. but triple batteries and unknown also since they have not been released into the wild.

Yeah i saw. Hence the iffy :)

My comment was more in line at the attempt to steer him away from any potential "more watts is better" mindset. Especially if we are talking in terms of the Atlantis/Subtank.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah i saw. Hence the iffy :)

My comment was more in line at the attempt to steer him away from any potential "more watts is better" mindset. Especially if we are talking in terms of the Atlantis/Subtank.
I guess I'm looking for the best of both worlds, like using one mod to vape and if I decide to drip I can.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the original Vaporshark, IPV V2, updated addition, Billet Box clone and the Variant clone.
What I've learned is smaller isn't necessarily more comfortable in the hand, wider just stretches the hand too much. The Variant clone, narrower and thicker than most, really feels good in the hand but has more weight than normal.
So, when I want stealth, it's the BB clone, accuracy goes to the IPV otherwise the Variant clone gets used the most and is also the most powerful.
I suggest going to shops with vaping bar setups and get some up close and personnel opinions. Nothing better than hands on experience.
I must add that lipos have left a very positive impression on me which I didn't expect. A 1200mah lipo has no comparison to a 1600 or 2500mah battery found in Sigeleis or IPVs, it's much, much better. I no longer have my LUC V4 charger on the arm of my chair 24-7, in fact, I don't even think about batteries any longer. I have 3 lipo batteries in rotaion, they last 7-10 hrs, and charge in about 50 minutes.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Digging my Sigelei 100 watt still!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does $160 with a Atlantis sound about right?

Seems a bit high if you are buying one online.

I grabbed my 100w Plus for this vendor on ebay, which has been great. They have the 150w too at under a $100:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/exclusive-vapes?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Seen Atlantis on sale quite a bit lately. Quick search pops up $31.00 shipped here:

http://vapenw.com/aspire-atlantis

That has you at about $130. I'd personally recommend the Kanger Subtank over the Atlantis though.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems a bit high if you are buying one online.

I grabbed my 100w Plus for this vendor on ebay, which has been great. They have the 150w too at under a $100:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/exclusive-vapes?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Seen Atlantis on sale quite a bit lately. Quick search pops up $31.00 shipped here:

http://vapenw.com/aspire-atlantis

That has you at about $130. I'd personally recommend the Kanger Subtank over the Atlantis though.
I will probably end up with both..lol

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will probably end up with both..lol

Hehe. I actually just went through a scenario where i got 2 brothers i work with one of each, the one insisting on the Atlantis due to fact he'd hear it being hyped more at the local B&M's (since they didn't have the Subtank in stock yet, of course).

The brother who got his Atlantis will stubbornly defend his purchase to the end, but the reality is i know he wishes he got the Kanger lol. Between the recent talk of the Atlantis wick material being suspect, the lack of a straight rebuild option, and the smaller tank (expect your juice consumption to substantially increase btw, and to adjust your nic level down if you are still vaping in the 18mg range)...the Kanger is just flat out the better buy imo.

Only downside to the Kanger i've seen is getting a replacement glass tank if you break that seems fairly limited atm. I finally found one on sweetvapes the other day for $2.50, but still have not got them to check firsthand if they work/fit.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know which one is better or are they just different from each other?

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger has a rebuildable deck...i have heard people say the kanger might have a more restricted airflow then the atlantis. But still has enough.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd order online instead of an outrageous B&M price.. I love my Sigelei 100w and it's the only device I've used since I got it. My mechs are all gathering dust...

VU Sponsors