Become a Patron!

I think I was just discriminated against.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok,

I have been following this thread since about 2 seconds after you first started it.

Fighting off the urge to be myself.

Here is my response in two parts.

Part one is the responsible vaping adult side of me.

Part two...........Well.........................?

Part ONE.

The dude is a jerk. He knew before you came in that you were not of the curvaceous female persuasion.
He also knew from what I can tell, is that you know what the hell you are talking about when it comes to vaping and the fact that you were willing to work for prevailing wage just to be doing something that you loved and believed in so you could help others. And yet, he decided to waste one hell of a lot of your time jerking you around when he knew from the moment he read your resume that you were of the male persuasion and just did not fit what he wanted for his establishment.

Basically T&A that could hopefully be taught to sell stuff.

OK, here is the other side of my admittedly demented and damaged mind.

Part TWO.

Next time you go in for an interview for a position at a vape shop, would it really hurt you to show a little cleavage and put on some lipstick?

And back to being reasonable again, in the B&M's I have visited, with only one exception, I have never seen a salesperson my own age.

They seem to be quite young (well admittedly I consider Santa to be quite young) and have lots of body art and piercings.

While I do admit "some" of them are quite knowledgeable and are good with customers, more of them are not.

And they are really pissed when they try to bait the "Old Dude" and find out that he knows more (much more) than they do.

Sorry for the mini rant dude, but yes, you were screwed over.

And I would report them. They earned it in spades!
Actually in San Angelo Tx @UncleRJ
There is a guy in a shop that is the coil maker
That's I believe older than methuselah so you are good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well both my previous job and current job I have been hired by woman. I am not getting married pumping out kids like a welfare making machine. This is 2015. Not 1954. And even when I do have kids I'm not staying at home to be a house bitch sorry not my cup of tea. I am going to finish my degree and hopefully be making more than my boyfriend.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well both my previous job and current job I have been hired by woman. I am not getting married pumping out kids like a welfare making machine. This is 2015. Not 1954. And even when I do have kids I'm not staying at home to be a house bitch sorry not my cup of tea. I am going to finish my degree and hopefully be making more than my boyfriend.
Why would you want to hopefully be making more than your boyfriend?

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Because woman can make more than men. Either way it honestly doesn't bother me who the bread winner is. We do everything financially equal

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok,

I have been following this thread since about 2 seconds after you first started it.

Fighting off the urge to be myself.

Here is my response in two parts.

Part one is the responsible vaping adult side of me.

Part two...........Well.........................?

Part ONE.

The dude is a jerk. He knew before you came in that you were not of the curvaceous female persuasion.
He also knew from what I can tell, is that you know what the hell you are talking about when it comes to vaping and the fact that you were willing to work for prevailing wage just to be doing something that you loved and believed in so you could help others. And yet, he decided to waste one hell of a lot of your time jerking you around when he knew from the moment he read your resume that you were of the male persuasion and just did not fit what he wanted for his establishment.

Basically T&A that could hopefully be taught to sell stuff.

OK, here is the other side of my admittedly demented and damaged mind.

Part TWO.

Next time you go in for an interview for a position at a vape shop, would it really hurt you to show a little cleavage and put on some lipstick?

And back to being reasonable again, in the B&M's I have visited, with only one exception, I have never seen a salesperson my own age.

They seem to be quite young (well admittedly I consider Santa to be quite young) and have lots of body art and piercings.

While I do admit "some" of them are quite knowledgeable and are good with customers, more of them are not.

And they are really pissed when they try to bait the "Old Dude" and find out that he knows more (much more) than they do.

Sorry for the mini rant dude, but yes, you were screwed over.

And I would report them. They earned it in spades!
The 1 vape shop we do have is ran by my guessing a 60 yr old grandma. Prices aren't horrible, shes a little uneducated (sold me a plastic tank as glass, I knew but didn't say anything, price was fine) their selection kinda sucks, mvps and vision spinners. BUT in this hick town of mine where they're trying to concert smokers & keep everything simple, that's not really a big deal. Some 50 yr old farmer coming off pall mall non filters don't need a mechanical to fiddle with & blow up in his face. I think they sell the stuff that they know & can easily set people up with, the kiss principles which I am fine with. Buy heads & juices there occasionally, no issues. Wouldn't buy a battery / pv there cuz I can get it cheaper elsewhere, but for what they are & where they are I believe they have the right setup. Wouldn't be right in bum fucked hillbilly USA (not Arkansas, next door, we okies ain't that damn bad) to have some 20 yr old bimbo trying to sell jethros granny a damn mechanical mod. @UncleRJ how dare u be old and knowledgeable sir.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I missed some cities thanx for adding to the list of safe zone haha

Personal experiences, Wichita falls would not fall in to the safe zone. Probably not Amarillo either, or the Texas panhandle period. And regardless of what anyone tries to tell u, stay the hell outta Arkansas. Bill Clinton is like their version of bill gates okay?

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So here's the deal. A local vape shop advertised on FB that they need a new vaping associate with experience and to email a resume if interested. So I emailed my resume and followed up with a phone call a couple hours later. I asked the owner if he would have time to speak with me this afternoon, he said he would. I asked if 1:00pm would work for him, he said yes.
Long story short, after waiting two hours, due to customers, and him being short handed, he comes over to talk with me. I was okay with the wait, I understand customers are a top priority. He started off saying he had reviewed my resume, and that I may be over qualified for the position as he is not looking for a store manager. I told him, I was aware I was applying for an entry level position. He then said he probably couldn't pay me what I was expecting, I told him I had made no expectations and if anything, figured minimum wage or close to it would be what I expected.
Here's where it turned..
He then tells me that what he really needs is some young girls in the store and I don't fit the bill..
Now I'm pretty sure he was aware I was a man, if not from my name on the resume (Jonathan), then from my deep voice on the phone. So why the fuck have me come in in the first place?
Sex sells!...Did he ask you if you could do this?...On a serious note the demographics of most vapers are older guys trying to quit smoking ...The vape store near me has a few hot young girls but I don't get fooled by that...After talking to one of the girls it was clear she just knew the basics of vaping...She was telling my friend that a 80VG/20PG was ok for a ce4 and that he needed to start on a18mg nic (He was a 2 pack a day smoker) I told her make the juice 70pg/30vg because it's a top wick and that % of VG would be to thick to wick and make it 24mg because how much he smoked...anyway she did what i told her and gave her my reasons and my friend is still vaping...Has to be a month now

2_5_a0520c04234f11e3ab9b22000aa821e6_7.jpg

Last edited:

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Truthfully I'm not sure why anybody goes into vape shops in the first place seeing how all items are over priced. I use over 30+ sites to order all my Vape items and have saved over a grand in doing so. As far as the punk in the shop that's looking for titty bopper chick's to sale his over priced crap should be ashamed.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
peek-a-boo..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
peek-a-boo..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personal experiences, Wichita falls would not fall in to the safe zone. Probably not Amarillo either, or the Texas panhandle period. And regardless of what anyone tries to tell u, stay the hell outta Arkansas. Bill Clinton is like their version of bill gates okay?
hahah that is so true man thanks for adding yeah do not go to Bill Clintons home town most of the town kinda looks like him its rather frightening

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I go into my local vape shop to support them. They have to make a living too. And I get great customer service and hang out with awesome people who love vaping. And it get my introverted ass out of the house

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I go into my local vape shop to support them. They have to make a living too. And I get great customer service and hang out with awesome people who love vaping. And it get my introverted ass out of the house
Same I go atleast 4 times a week as I work from home if I dont I will crawl in to a scary ball and go insane :)

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me too. I dont work from home but God if i could i would. Funny thing is I work customer service on the phone taking in medication refills. But I still hate people dont know how I do it. But going to my local vape shop who also doesn't care if I bring my two weenie dogs is awesome

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me too. I dont work from home but God if i could i would. Funny thing is I work customer service on the phone taking in medication refills. But I still hate people dont know how I do it. But going to my local vape shop who also doesn't care if I bring my two weenie dogs is awesome
that's awesome I had some work to do today just went one of the nicer vape bars brought my laptop caped stayed 4 hours until finished an emergent bs'd with the owner and helped assist on their grand opening.. I think if it was not for Vaping I would now be a monk :)

Wow. That's messed up. I would have been flipping out. A lot of the Vape Shops in my area are dicks so I haven't bothered with shopping local since I started vaping.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hahah that is so true man thanks for adding yeah do not go to Bill Clintons home town most of the town kinda looks like him its rather frightening
I wonder if everyone in Larry the cable guys hometown looks like him? That would really be scary. Sorry for post jacking op, lord I apologize.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if everyone in Larry the cable guys hometown looks like him? That would really be scary. Sorry for post jacking op, lord I apologize.
hahaha wanna go on a road trip and find out? haha that would surely freak me out

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sex sells!...Did he ask you if you could do this?...On a serious note the demographics of most vapers are older guys trying to quit smoking ...The vape store near me has a few hot young girls but I don't get fooled by that...After talking to one of the girls it was clear she just knew the basics of vaping...She was telling my friend that a 80VG/20PG was ok for a ce4 and that he needed to start on a18mg nic (He was a 2 pack a day smoker) I told her make the juice 70pg/30vg because it's a top wick and that % of VG would be to thick to wick and make it 24mg because how much he smoked...anyway she did what i told her and gave her my reasons and my friend is still vaping...Has to be a month now

2_5_a0520c04234f11e3ab9b22000aa821e6_7.jpg

FYI, That pic would be Sooooo removed if it were cold in here.....Just sayin':D

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't get fooled by the "Sex sells" Thing... I'll buy it if it's a good product but I don't know why but all of a sudden I want to buy a King Mod:rolleyes:...I guess the saying "It's good to be king" has been taken to a whole new level;)
2_5_528255_719035648111041_2103008349_n.jpg

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel very fortunate after reading thru this thread. Within an hour of me (and I live out in the boonies), there are a dozen good B&Ms. My fave is run by a 45-50ish man & his mid 20ish son. Both very knowledgeable, extremely helpful. Regular vape meets, DIY classes, swap/trade days, coil & drip classes - basically, lots of community education, customer assistance & general hospitality. Customers young & older (me), male & female are made to feel welcome & comfortable - to top it off, you get great service. It's too bad that all vape stores are not modeled like this.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 1 vape shop we do have is ran by my guessing a 60 yr old grandma. Prices aren't horrible, shes a little uneducated (sold me a plastic tank as glass, I knew but didn't say anything, price was fine) their selection kinda sucks, mvps and vision spinners. BUT in this hick town of mine where they're trying to concert smokers & keep everything simple, that's not really a big deal. Some 50 yr old farmer coming off pall mall non filters don't need a mechanical to fiddle with & blow up in his face. I think they sell the stuff that they know & can easily set people up with, the kiss principles which I am fine with. Buy heads & juices there occasionally, no issues. Wouldn't buy a battery / pv there cuz I can get it cheaper elsewhere, but for what they are & where they are I believe they have the right setup. Wouldn't be right in bum fucked hillbilly USA (not Arkansas, next door, we okies ain't that damn bad) to have some 20 yr old bimbo trying to sell jethros granny a damn mechanical mod. @UncleRJ how dare u be old and knowledgeable sir.
haha - I'm in "bum fucked hillbilly USA" and just posted about all the great shops around me... you Okies need to elevate a bit to reach the quality level of my local shops. Hmm. Seems like the pot called the kettle black, just a little too soon. hahaha.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't get fooled by the "Sex sells" Thing... I'll buy it if it's a good product but I don't know why but all of a sudden I want to buy a King Mod:rolleyes:...I guess the saying "It's good to be king" has been taken to a whole new level;)
2_5_528255_719035648111041_2103008349_n.jpg
what you don't know is that is a guy :D LMAO

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You should totally go back for another interview dressed in drag and see if you can land it.. Tootsie style ;)

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My vape shop has the hottest little hottie working there
(Good Lord...*sigh*anyway!) and would like to see them
hire more of the same. But then yeah that's bullshit!

Last edited:

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been thinking about this post . Why would anyone be so rude to another . I can only imagine how he treats customers , correction ...I can not imagine how he treats customers . But I do know what he thinks of his customers .

VU Sponsors