Become a Patron!

I think it is time for me to finally ask this so I can give the right answer

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK for a couple months now I have been vaping. I bought a valcanoe vv/vw after a while bought a few other kind of different mods like ileaf and then vamo etc. I always am or do not want to move into building coils etc. I get migraines and that would not help me with stress ,time. I like easy ok. But when I seen the kanger subtank and atlantis sub come out and my friends that I talked into vaping started asking me why this and that, SO here goes
1 why would I need a mod that is vv/vw that has over 20 watts be used for (see I vape on my mod around 6watts with my kanger mega tank . So what is the purpose of having a mod that is 40 or even 100 watts used for.
2. why can one only use a kanger subtank on....and why even want or use a subohm tank.
3. Does a mechnical mod better I think it would burn my coils up. Its is to use the kanger subtank to get better taste from my juice etc. etc. I have done my best to not ask stupid questions but heck if I am going to move on up and want to know all I can about vaping this is the way. I am so gratefull that I am part of all this and the underground has helped me with so much. I have been so sick this past month and finally saw that kanger sub and want one but need to know why ... Also I feel 30 watts is a lot and just want to know what to use that much with....

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, feel free to ask any and all questions here.

We were all new once and this is how you learn.

Higher wattage mods do have their place. Especially when you are running more than one coil.

With my Kayfuns (single coil) I run them at under 20 watts.

With an Orchid, dual coil which reads 0.5 ohms I am about 30 watts.

A lot of the sub ohm multi coil devices are used by Cloud Chasers so they can get those big/huge clouds they desire so much. And they need the higher wattages for the power to generate them.

And I will step aside and wait for the folks that have and use the Subtank and those devoted to mech mods to step in and answer the rest of your quesions.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First you shouldn't go and get a Subtank/Atlantis just because people tell you to, you should go and try it first to see if you like it.
The Subtank requires higher wattage that what you're used to, (6W) in order to reach optimal performance (the analogy would be that you need a big engine to be used in a big car).
Based on your knowledge level, the gear you have and your vaping preference, i see no benefit for you in getting a mech.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some tanks and atty's require more power, they produce a greater volume of vapor. I would not get a mech at this point. Stick with the VV/VW devices. A Kanger sub-tank will give you a lot more vapor than your Kanger Mega tank. If you want to get a 30 watt device, I would suggest the iStick 30 Watt.

Please go to a local vape shop and try out one of the Kanger sub-tanks before you purchase one. They put out a large amount of vapor, some people love it, some not.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the sub tank. I sub ohm and the average vapor could enjoy the lung hit you get at 20w or less with the factory head IMO.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's to each his own ,why you vape and what you want out of it . I vape not to smoke, period . There will always be the newest and the biggest . But that doesn't mean they are for me . If others want clouds or more watts, more power to them ( LMAO .) My Russian 91 v2 and my Provari are all I need , had them for awhile , they do the job for me .

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THANKS SO MUCH I have a dovpo and volcano and two Isticks and a vamo v3 and just got the small istick too. I have several tanks a friend of mine passed a lot down to me. Only because they no longer wanted to vape heck I love it sooo much. I really wanted to also find out if going with a subohm like the kanger if it would allow me to taste my juice better. I love my fruit flavor juices but seem to never get the real taste I want out of it. So wondered if going with the new sub tank would help. I love all you guys here. The info is so helpfull and when I am out and about I have so many in my town ask about vaping etc. and feel bad that I cannot give them more info than I have. But slowly I am getting it all . I wished I could win some of the stuff that is put out on sites but Heck not me. I have not won anything in my life(go figure) Also when I started out going to some info sites and asked questions I was picked on and call named etc. etc. just for asking so that is why I start off asking questions the way I do so my feeling do not get stomped on. I want to help so many family members to start vaping and if I am able to get all my info together I am sure they too will stop smoking like I did. I was only able to stop after I bought a mod which was a valcanoe and kanger pro tank of course I learned a lot the past few months from all of you and Years ago when the ecig (came out at those quick stops store did not work for me) Finally got me a mod vv/vw and tank WOW I was able to stop smoking and want to help others to the same If they only knew ... I am proud to have u all and my mods. Who knows I may line up a van and go to vaping show and get the town to vape..

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on finally being able to make the switch! Gas station e-cigs sadly are horrible and it's said because that's what everyone sees and tries because they are everywhere they buy their cigarettes. They give off a weak, horrible vape and it takes a lot of dedication to stick with them and most smokers give up and go back to smoking instead of looking for better gear like you did. Congrats again....

From what you've said the Subtank might not be your best choice....if you're happy with 6 watts of power than stick with what you've got. The reason why you need a 20/30 or more watt device is the heating coil is made from much thicker gauge wire devices and takes a great deal more power to heat it up so you have to run it at high wattage to make it produce a good vapor. You could run a Subtank at 6 watts but it would take so long for it to heat up and you'd get a horrible and weak vapor in the meantime that it would drive you nuts :)

The protank/aerotanks have much smaller coils made with much thinner wire so they heat up much quicker and need far less power to produce good vapor. If you tried to run a protank at the same watts that you need to run a Subtank you would literally burn up your protank head and it would fall apart. The heat would snap the leads on it.

That's why you need more watts for a Subtank and les for a Pro/Aerotank. The coils are made with different wires and designed to work at different power levels to produce different results. Hope this helps a little. Happy Vaping! :)

VU Sponsors