Become a Patron!

I vape 12 nic...is this normal or no?

Hey guys. So I vape 12mg nic currently,and I have the fuchai 213 with the cleito tank. .2 coils. Is this normal? Or is it really high? If so is this bad?

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine consumption isnt just a matter of strength, but also of quantity consumed over time (per hour, per day, etc). Secondly, there is no "normal", as consumption depends entirely on the individual. What is too much for one person may not be enough for another. Its all a matter of what you want to get out of it. If its too harsh, you feel buzzed out or have a headache, maybe you're getting too much. If its not really doing a lot for you and you feel like smoking a cigarette, increase the strength or vape more often. Only you can determine what is right and good for yourself. Experiment and you will find a balance between strength and quantity.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nicotine consumption isnt just a matter of strength, but also of quantity consumed over time (per hour, per day, etc). Secondly, there is no "normal", as consumption depends entirely on the individual. What is too much for one person may not be enough for another. Its all a matter of what you want to get out of it. If its too harsh, you feel buzzed out or have a headache, maybe you're getting too much. If its not really doing a lot for you and you feel like smoking a cigarette, increase the strength or vape more often. Only you can determine what is right and good for yourself. Experiment and you will find a balance between strength and quantity.

Ditto

Benny Flavorman

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys. So I vape 12mg nic currently,and I have the fuchai 213 with the cleito tank. .2 coils. Is this normal? Or is it really high? If so is this bad?
I started vaping at 12mg, and I was an ultra light smoker. For the first few days, I was a little leery of what eliquid would do to me, so I vaped only once an hour or so, and only a few puffs at a time.
As I upgraded my atomizers from cartomizers to BCCs (bottom coil tanks) to RTAs and RDAs, I ended up cutting down, first to 6mg then to 3mg; the amount of vapor I inhaled increased as I would likewise inhale more nicotine with each puff.
When I learned about battery safety, and began building my own coils and blowing baby clouds, I did start to get nic headaches, and that's when I knew I should probably cut down.

Now I chain vape a lot on my TF-RTA G2 at only 1.5mg, soon to be .75mg, because I like to vape for the flavor more than the nic fix.
(but I still enjoy the benefits of a little nicotine)

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[...] I vape 12mg nic currently,[...] Is this normal? [...]

It could be normal depending on the power used.

For more than a year I vaped 20 mg/ml at 5 watts as my daily vape and 12 mg/ml at 8 watts in my mobile vapourizer. Because I am retired and on a modest fixed income I always set the power to the lowest usable level which gives the lowest cost per puff. It is also the safest since every sensible researcher agrees that, "At low voltage (3.3 V), we did not detect the formation of any formaldehyde-releasing agents [...]" which was published in the NEJM a couple of years ago. Those researchers should have written "low wattage" or "low power" but the word "low" is the key.

After I set the power on my mods then I would blend the juice with increasing nicotine content until I can just feel the nicotine start to "burn". As an experiment a couple of weeks ago I tried using a 0.5 ohm coil at 25 watts and found that 6 mg/ml juice gave about the same amount of 'burn' as 20 mg/ml @ 5 watts. If 12 mg/ml works for you then that sounds "normal" enough to continue to vape with.

VU Sponsors