Become a Patron!

I want sour patch kids! Not sour enough

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't found a sour patch kids recipe...and I tried experimenting a little. I got the fruity/gummy taste buthe I haven't tasted sour! I used TFA Sour at 1% but I'm afraid to add too much. Fruits are green apple, lemon, and raspberry. It smells sour but doesn't taste like it smells.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now I wish I had the knowledge and experience to help you out but I would try adding some of the sour even if you try a drop and then another to see how it tastes.

I am so surprised you have not gotten any responses!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I knew my post would have BUMPED this thread!
57599255.jpg

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also recommend, you try them at low percentages. Maybe even at 0.75%
I have seen some try and do this with a 3% sour but of course this is going to take experimentation to get the right taste you are aiming for.

Last edited:

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also recommend, you try them at low percentages. Maybe even at 0.75%
I have seen some try and do this with a 3% sour but of course this is going to take experimentation to get the right taste you are aiming for.

I don't have any sweet and tart :/ anything else I might need? Lol that way I can just order it all at once.

I tasted sweet tarts at a shop one time. It didn't tastlike sweet tarts but it taste powdery...not sure if that is an accurate description lol it tasted like sweet powder. Sour sour sour. Like, it makes your cheeks hurt sour!

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My pineapple is sweet. I have used Sour in recipes at 1% and at 3% and I couldn't taste sour at all. It must be me. I must have vaper's tongue somehow.

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only really 'sour' flavoring I've tried to date has been Greek yogurt. Which I love. Not sure it would help here, but might be one to consider. It goes with pretty much any fruit flavor, so why not sweets/candy?

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made a kiwi watermelon which was okay but it didn't hit the spot. How weird, Greek yogurt gives a sourness. I made a blueberry waffle in hopes I like sweet so maybe I'll let go of trying to get sour haha

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
TFA Citrus Mix at 2% might help you getting a more tart flavor. At first, it might overpower the other flavors. However, after 2-3 days, it blends in more. I have noticed that in one of my recipes. Another flavor, that I experimented with is citric acid. You need to be careful with it though, it requires just a little bit. Too much results in a chemical taste.

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made a kiwi watermelon which was okay but it didn't hit the spot. How weird, Greek yogurt gives a sourness. I made a blueberry waffle in hopes I like sweet so maybe I'll let go of trying to get sour haha

Well, all yogurts are sour, but Greek is more sour than most. Ans it comes through in TFA's Greek yogurt in particular. It's really nice stuff, if you like sour yogurts that is.

VU Sponsors