Become a Patron!

IJoy A-160

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First I'd like to give a shout out to @AndyColins and EFun.top for the give away that I won this mod in a couple of weeks ago. I have had the A-160 for about a week and a half now, and have been using it every day, and so far, I'm impressed!.
The A-160 is rated at 160 watts, with a usable atomizer range of 0.03-3 ohms. The overall dimensions are 92mm (H) 28mm (W) 43mm (D). I was impressed by the compact size for a mod of this output. I was expecting to see something more along the size of say, a Sigelei 150 or something, but the small size is not a put off to me. As you can see in the photos below, the A-160 is not much larger than my IStick50.
Mobile Uploads 744.jpg Mobile Uploads 745.jpg

The A-160 is made from a solid block of aluminum with a sliding battery door held in place by a couple of rubber "pips" at the top of the mod. The A-160 uses two 18650 batteries, and has a ribbon in the compartment to make battery removal easy.
The fire button is located on the opposite side of the mod from the 510 connector which minimizes the chance of getting juice in it if you have a leak. The fire button has good spring action, and doesn't rattle. The 510 connector had a spring loaded brass center pin, and makes good contact with all my atty's.
The A-160 has a .69" Blue OLED display that shows battery voltage, current, wattage, atomizer resistance, and a puff timer.Directly above the display are the up/down buttons which will adjust wattage/voltage in .1 increments per press, or hold down and it will move in whole volts/watts once it reaches an even number so moving power up or down can be done quickly.
All things said and done, I've been very impressed with the performance of this mod, even though I haven't used it to it's extremes as of yet. I've never had it beyond 70 watts, and probably never will, and haven't had a build on it lower than 0.26 ohms.
No mod is perfect, and this one is no exception. The few little quirks or design oversights are (1) the 510 connector is not wide enough for atty's to sit completely flush on the mod leaving about a .5 mm gap when an atty is screwed all the way down. (2) The mod doesn't remember if you had the up/down buttons locked or not after powering it off and you'll have to relock them after a power down. (3) The rubber "pips" that create a friction hold on the battery door didn't hold it a tight as it should, and the cover would slide down. I had ti take a small jewelers screwdriver and pry the "pips" up a bit so they mad better contact with the door. Magnets would be an improvement, but they would have to glue a small thin piece of steel to do that since the battery door is also aluminum.
If you're looking for a high power, small form factor mod, I highly recommend you give the A-160 a look.

VU Sponsors