Become a Patron!

iJoy Captain or SMOK T-Priv?

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My smok alien has become kind of a bland vape experience and the build quality is rather meh, I told myself I'd completely avoid smok after my alien but I'm heavily attracted to the t-priv. I'm also heavily attracted to the iJoy Captain. Any other options within these price ranges are welcome. I'm a fairly high wattage vaper. Usually stick around 130w but could see myself enjoying higher watts as well. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My smok alien has become kind of a bland vape experience and the build quality is rather meh, I told myself I'd completely avoid smok after my alien but I'm heavily attracted to the t-priv. I'm also heavily attracted to the iJoy Captain. Any other options within these price ranges are welcome. I'm a fairly high wattage vaper. Usually stick around 130w but could see myself enjoying higher watts as well. Decisions decisions.

The captain is a pretty big bust sadly. I wouldn't personally recommend it. the t-priv is pretty new but so far i like it. Can't fully recommend it until i go through my process but will say it's a lot more solid of a mod then the alien (and captain) Some other good options to check would be a battlestar, charon, or drag.

I actually keep a running sheet of recs here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing it has 3 tabs 1 for mods 1 for attys and 1 for juice so make sure to check out the mod tab

There is a link to my channel if you wanted to check out reviews for more in depth info on the mods. I also have some in written format posted here as well or if you have any basic questions feel free to ask and i'll be happy to answer

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The captain is a pretty big bust sadly. I wouldn't personally recommend it. the t-priv is pretty new but so far i like it. Can't fully recommend it until i go through my process but will say it's a lot more solid of a mod then the alien (and captain) Some other good options to check would be a battlestar, charon, or drag.

I actually keep a running sheet of recs here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing it has 3 tabs 1 for mods 1 for attys and 1 for juice so make sure to check out the mod tab

There is a link to my channel if you wanted to check out reviews for more in depth info on the mods. I also have some in written format posted here as well or if you have any basic questions feel free to ask and i'll be happy to answer

I've been so hesitant to get to your review on it because I know how you feel about it based on other posts I've seen, but to not check your review and possibly kick myself in the ass later on, I suppose I should head over and give it a look. Any questions I'll make a reply here! Thank you!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Captain, IMO. The T-Priv is one of the most uncomfortable mods I've used, and I really like the 20700.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've been so hesitant to get to your review on it because I know how you feel about it based on other posts I've seen, but to not check your review and possibly kick myself in the ass later on, I suppose I should head over and give it a look. Any questions I'll make a reply here! Thank you!

My reviews are always even keeled and provide information. You can take that information and do what you want with it. You don't have to listen to my pros and cons and recs, but just check out the factual data on it. :)

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Probably go with the battlestar. Wanted a bit more than 200w but quality is quality.

I wouldn't really push even 200 on a dual mod. The batts we use aren't good for it. If u need the watts go triple or quad. If it's just cause you like the high number the charon is 218 watts. To be fair most mods don't output what they promise anyway and even the ones that do is only in a very specific resistance window

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't really push even 200 on a dual mod. The batts we use aren't good for it. If u need the watts go triple or quad. If it's just cause you like the high number the charon is 218 watts. To be fair most mods don't output what they promise anyway and even the ones that do is only in a very specific resistance window

My typical is 130-150 but I get a very short break at work so I'll crank it up for a good couple huge rips. Would you consider 130-150 be a fairly "safe" range to use on a dual mod?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My typical is 130-150 but I get a very short break at work so I'll crank it up for a good couple huge rips. Would you consider 130-150 be a fairly "safe" range to use on a dual mod?

With 20 amp batts (like samsung 30q, VTC6, and HG2) 150 is about the "safe limit" you can push around 175-180 if you go with 25 amp batteries (Sony VTC5a)

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With 20 amp batts (like samsung 30q, VTC6, and HG2) 150 is about the "safe limit" you can push around 175-180 if you go with 25 amp batteries (Sony VTC5a)

I haven't dabbled around in temp mode or with rebuildable coils. I'm thinking about investing in an RTA

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I haven't dabbled around in temp mode or with rebuildable coils. I'm thinking about investing in an RTA

RTA are great. Long term they are cheaper and they give better flavor when built correctly.

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTA are great. Long term they are cheaper and they give better flavor when built correctly.

I've spent hundreds on replaceable coils. I want to get into dripping but I vape close to 30ml a day and dripping just doesn't seem as efficient as a tank for my constant vaping.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've spent hundreds on replaceable coils. I want to get into dripping but I vape close to 30ml a day and dripping just doesn't seem as efficient as a tank for my constant vaping.

RDTA FTW!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Soooo I did a little thing.... I just couldn't resist.
2965b5760f5937a22661b4c54ce0f6d8.jpg

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

My T-Priv is awesome. I love everything about it (and its not only because of the LEDs ;)). Out of all my mods it takes first place along with my new GX2/4.

VU Sponsors