Become a Patron!

Ijoy Captain Sub-Ohm Tank

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
201705221028077213.jpg

Looks like iJoy is making yet another tank that's easy to use and a nice bridge from small subohm tanks to big cloud chucking tanks. It's 25mm x 56mm and holds 4 mils of juice. The coils just drop into place and have a gold plated positive connection which should cut down on voltage drop. A conical chamber fits over the coil setting the stage for great flavor, especially for a subohm tank. It looks like the chamber will also allow you to switch the coils without dumping the tank...a huge huge plus in my book. This is a good looking tank and the colors are amazing. Ijoy says one of the coils (CA2) is made with kanthal and stainless wires...something new to me for factory made coil heads. What do you guys think? Is this something worth checking out? What would you like to see from this tank that the other iJoy tanks lack? https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-Captain-Subohm-Tank.html
201705221028088561.jpg
201705221027592805.jpg

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say that's more than a few! Thanks for sending those my way. I'm wondering what everyone here thinks of it. If you were looking for a subohm tank is this one you would consider buying? Why?
Me?
No.
I'd certainly get it because I collect but not because I think it'd be an amazing tank to vape.
I think it lacks juice capacity and no factory coil can handle more than a few days of my DIY juice because of the high flavor percentage and it being extremely sweet.
I don't hold that against them, RTA/RDTA is more my style.
However if it included an RBA section I'd reconsider.
I am NOT a fan of that recessed ring at the base, I feel it is a waste and if it wasn't designed that way it'll hold more juice.

That is just MY opinion but you asked.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me?
No.
I'd certainly get it because I collect but not because I think it'd be an amazing tank to vape.
I think it lacks juice capacity and no factory coil can handle more than a few days of my DIY juice because of the high flavor percentage and it being extremely sweet.
I don't hold that against them, RTA/RDTA is more my style.
However if it included an RBA section I'd reconsider.
I am NOT a fan of that recessed ring at the base, I feel it is a waste and if it wasn't designed that way it'll hold more juice.

That is just MY opinion but you asked.
Well I'm certainly not trying to sell you a tank or make you angry for even posting about it. I simply wanted to start a discussion with fellow members who may or may not own this to see what they think about it. Every point you made were good and something people should consider before buying. Maybe someone stumbles across this thread and finds out something new about this tank that the 15 reviews you posted left out? There's no wrong in general discussion. I prefer rebuildables as well and even though an rba base for this tank would be nearly impossible, I probably wouldn't buy one if it didnt have the option. As far as juice cap goes, looking at the photo of the tank broken into sections it looks like it could have the option to expand. A longer glass and a stretched chimney coild easily make this a 6-7 mil tank. Thanks for your opinion...even if if did come across a little harsh

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm certainly not trying to sell you a tank or make you angry for even posting about it. I simply wanted to start a discussion with fellow members who may or may not own this to see what they think about it. Every point you made were good and something people should consider before buying. Maybe someone stumbles across this thread and finds out something new about this tank that the 15 reviews you posted left out? There's no wrong in general discussion. I prefer rebuildables as well and even though an rba base for this tank would be nearly impossible, I probably wouldn't buy one if it didnt have the option. As far as juice cap goes, looking at the photo of the tank broken into sections it looks like it could have the option to expand. A longer glass and a stretched chimney coild easily make this a 6-7 mil tank. Thanks for your opinion...even if if did come across a little harsh
I apologize, I certainly didn't intend for it to sound (read) harsh.
Just me speaking what comes to mind.
I assure you at no point was I angry.
I like the look of it, and I'll definitely get one for my collection, it just won't be a daily used tank.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I apologize, I certainly didn't intend for it to sound (read) harsh.
Just me speaking what comes to mind.
I assure you at no point was I angry.
I like the look of it, and I'll definitely get one for my collection, it just won't be a daily used tank.
Cool deal I appreciate that. Typed words always get lost in translation. Have you picked up the captain pd270?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool deal I appreciate that. Typed words always get lost in translation. Have you picked up the captain pd270?
Have 2 of them now and really like them.
One black, one gun metal.
I have no complaints about either of them.
They do exactly what I ordered them for.
Feel great in the hand, good weight, look awesome, and in power mode at 100 - 120 watts perform exactly like I want them to.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have 2 of them now and really like them.
One black, one gun metal.
I have no complaints about either of them.
They do exactly what I ordered them for.
Feel great in the hand, good weight, look awesome, and in power mode at 100 - 120 watts perform exactly like I want them to.
I recently got one in for review and have been using the hell out of it. I really like it for all the same reasons you mentioned lol. Even though it's sort of boxy looking it has such a great hand feel and the screen is so easy to see! When I first saw that big ass button I wasn't excited but it grew on immediately. I bet that gunmetal version is badass

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had my gunmetal Captain since Saturday. Real strong smell of machine oil so it spent some time in the ultra sonic before use.

Started with the .3 coil but flavor was weak but inproved after about a half tank. Overall I wasn't impressed with the .3 coil but I suspected it might be a bad coil because performance was just off. I switched to the .15 coil today and right off it is performing much better, now I am liking it a lot more. I did get a pack of the .3 coils so will try it again since I generally prefer the larger single hole coils over the quad hole coils. I am pretty confident the first .3 coil was a dud, that's how off the vape was.

Good looking tank though and very nicely machined.

I just looked at djlsb vid @Paratech posted and I got ripped off, no extra colorful drip tip in my box. Doesn't say anywere on the box that it is supposed to be included so he must have gotten a preproduction version and they took it out for the production model.

I really like the included drip tip though and would buy more if they made them available separately.

The .15 coil is burning through juice but producing some real good flavor and a nice dense vape. I think the Crown 3 might have an edge in the flavor though, still need more time with the Captain to really compare.

a1e4d9c92576609139c22634f42177fc.jpg
707bfd6db8d910aaaf28fc5351b4b24d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot to add that the gunmetal matches the Captain gunmetal mod nicely.

Thought I had a pic on my phone, can add one later today.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great info man! I prefer a single large coil over a bunch of little coils like you. The airflow is just more smooth to me. That tank looks like it was made for the G class! The colors (at least in the pic) look like a dead ringer.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great info man! I prefer a single large coil over a bunch of little coils like you. The airflow is just more smooth to me. That tank looks like it was made for the G class! The colors (at least in the pic) look like a dead ringer.
Yeah, it is a really sharp looking tank for sure.

Here it is with the gunmetal Captain mod. It is not a dead on match because the mod has a satin finish too it but it looks real nice.

The .15 coil has been working really well but not as airy as the .3 coil. A denser cloud though and the flavor has been pretty good. Still give the edge to the Crown 3 in the flavor dept, I prefer the Crown 3 so far but maybe it will be a closer race once I put in a good .3 coil.
d1265affa917ab57c91fcc2f133d6d8f.jpg

king12sky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The 0.3 coils seems like a dud to me. Used the ones that comes with it. Flavor was ok so I thought it was a bad coil. Switched to the ones I bought. ( comes in pack of 3 ). Coil lasted a week or so and I started getting dry hits. So personally I think the crown 3 is still the best.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think flavor wise it's one of the better tanks of the year. Going to get a great write up by me. I'll post a link to the site I do the review on.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
iJoy must be getting there coils in the same factory as Uwell. Just tried another .3 coil and it too sort of sucks, the .15 coil has been better thus far.

With the Crown 3 I got 1 dud coil and one great one.

With all these varying opinions I just have to assume I got 2 dud 0.30ohm coils for the Captain in a row, no way it can be so off from other people's opinions unless the coil is defective.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
iJoy must be getting there coils in the same factory as Uwell. Just tried another .3 coil and it too sort of sucks, the .15 coil has been better thus far.

With the Crown 3 I got 1 dud coil and one great one.

With all these varying opinions I just have to assume I got 2 dud 0.30ohm coils for the Captain in a row, no way it can be so off from other people's opinions unless the coil is defective.

That is weird. I'm using the .15 coil and I'm getting really great flavor. I think this tank blows the Crown III outta the water in a side by side. That includes looks and performance. The Crown III has been a huge disappointment for me. Every coil I use on it leaks, and not just a little. I really like this Captain tank.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is weird. I'm using the .15 coil and I'm getting really great flavor. I think this tank blows the Crown III outta the water in a side by side. That includes looks and performance. The Crown III has been a huge disappointment for me. Every coil I use on it leaks, and not just a little. I really like this Captain tank.

When you get a good coil in the Crown 3 it is one of the most flavorful subtanks I have tried in awhile. The first .25 coil I had the same problem though as you, leaked, horrible TC and went completely to shit in 4 days. The 0.50 coil has been going strong for a few weeks now, love that coil, no leaks and TC works great.

I want to like the Captain better but been having bad luck with coils. The .15 has been the best, just ordered another set of those because I have gotten 2 bad .3 in a row.

Now I remember why I like rebuildable tanks more, subtank coils are hit or miss.

I know you got good taste bro, that's why I am not giving up on this Captain.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When you get a good coil in the Crown 3 it is one of the most flavorful subtanks I have tried in awhile. The first .25 coil I had the same problem though as you, leaked, horrible TC and went completely to shit in 4 days. The 0.50 coil has been going strong for a few weeks now, love that coil, no leaks and TC works great.

I want to like the Captain better but been having bad luck with coils. The .15 has been the best, just ordered another set of those because I have gotten 2 bad .3 in a row.

Now I remember why I like rebuildable tanks more, subtank coils are hit or miss.

I know you got good taste bro, that's why I am not giving up on this Captain.

I hear ya bro and I appreciate the kind words. I just think with Uwells reputation and history when it comes to coils that in my book they get a lot less leeway. They just need to start doing things better and get on top of their shit. IMHO.

king12sky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I kinda think the Captain coil is a hit or miss. Out of the 2 i .3 i have had. One flavor was bad, another lasted a week and i got dry hits. =(

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one and use it on a Captain mod. Both are neochrome. Here's a pic-
0621172145_HDR.jpg
I've been using the single coil for weeks. When I inspect it, the cotton looks clean. The wire has a little black but this thing has lasted a very long time. I have yet to use the quad coil.

I've used only one juice/flavor in it. That might explain the long life. I hit it at 60-70W and have never had a dry hit. I get thick clouds and good flavor.

Compared to the Crown 3 this thing cant match the flavor the C3 produces. But its better in other ways. Im not saying either is better. There are many good SubOhms tanks out there. They all have pros and cons.

The Captain is a really good tank. It looks and performs better than most big tanks I've used. Ive only tried the standard (not quad) coil.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry, I get confoosed...
Aren't choo the girl who was all about I have a budget and I only allow myself to spend soo much on vaping... ?
That was like 3 weeks ago and you've got like 9 new mods now...

Welcome to self-restraint anonymous. :)
9 new mods lol! I won at Bingo and want to spend it all.

VU Sponsors