Become a Patron!

I'll just post some results of this 0.07 ohm build...

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dual 26650 Super Villain box mod, 28mm Tobh Atty clone, dual 18 ga Nichrome 60 coils, 7/6 wraps on 2.5mm for 0.07 ohms wicked with organic cotton, with my own juice mix.

Explosion of flavor, bigger explosion of clouds.

rl7XLtah.jpg

wFh9NO2h.jpg

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
.07 no thanks i tend to stay at 2.0 single coils 28 ga on 5/64 bit in my hana and i am happy with both flavor and cloud

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
o_O WTF!!! I'll stick to my 0.3ohm builds... Even though it may be a box mod etc... Your really stressing the batteries!!! Have Fun & VapeOn/VapeSafe :confused:

Of Course I can get the same "Cloud" from a 2.0ohm Build at @50-100watts ;) + Safer!!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
.2 is about the lowest ill push without testing it with a multimeter, hell I check and re check on the ohm meter going below .4.
.10 and below is not a whole lot of safety cushion to dead short boomboom land.

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.2 is about the lowest ill push without testing it with a multimeter, hell I check and re check on the ohm meter going below .4.
.10 and below is not a whole lot of safety cushion to dead short boomboom land.

I do test, and retest, and reretest extensively, as well as check the battery temp every couple hits. I'm confident my multimeter isn't lieing, and cool batteries don't vent (often). Dual batteries in parallel are the only way to go that low. My AWT's are rated for 35A continous, which means that's 70A continuous in parallel. At 70A, The safe limit is 0.05Ω (mind you, this is continuous). The theoretical limit for 140A pulse is 0.03Ω.

I agree this isn't for everybody. I like to test limits. One day I'll be missing eyebrows, I'm sure of it. This was more of a "Hey, how low can I go?" I normally vape at 0.2Ω.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do test, and retest, and reretest extensively, as well as check the battery temp every couple hits. I'm confident my multimeter isn't lieing, and cool batteries don't vent (often). Dual batteries in parallel are the only way to go that low. My AWT's are rated for 35A continous, which means that's 70A continuous in parallel. At 70A, The safe limit is 0.05Ω (mind you, this is continuous). The theoretical limit for 140A pulse is 0.03Ω.

I agree this isn't for everybody. I like to test limits. One day I'll be missing eyebrows, I'm sure of it. This was more of a "Hey, how low can I go?" I normally vape at 0.2Ω.
Oh I am a testing nut also.. every morning prior to vaping I do a quick check.. a couple times a week I also check mom's parallel protank coils. and after I rewick them.
I have seen some ohm meters be WAY off and a lot of people are not aware of it.. I say double check... if in doubt check and double check again.. Always listen to that little voice even if it is paranoid.

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
o_O WTF!!! I'll stick to my 0.3ohm builds... Even though it may be a box mod etc... Your really stressing the batteries!!! Have Fun & VapeOn/VapeSafe :confused:

Of Course I can get the same "Cloud" from a 2.0ohm Build at @50-100watts ;) + Safer!!!

2Ω at 50W is 10V running through it... the DNA30 chip has a limit of 8.3 volts. Any unregulated device is going to be limited to whatever the battery can handle (never seen a single one run higher than 4.2). To get that in unregulated, you'd need 3 batteries at least 3.34V running serial. I've never seen volts higher than the DNA30 (not to say there isn't any, just that I haven't seen them). At 100W, you would need >14V, which again, regulated I've never seen and unregulated would require four 4.6V batteries in serial. The math just isn't adding up for me, but I'd love to see some results from that, because all my thinking is purely theoretical, not experience

---EDIT---

After re-reading that, I may be coming off as snobby, which is not my intent. I'm by no means at all an expert in all of this, just what I've gleamed off the interwebs and my [extremely] basic knowledge of electricity passed to me from my grandfather. To visualize results, I put terms in mathematics, and seek obtainable results. Those results based on your parameters do not add up, but again, I'm no master, and really would love to see it if it can be done

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Most regulated devices use a capacitor to bump the voltage up.

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, I have found a regulated device that outputs 120 watts using the raptor chip. http://www.dcvapor.com/index.php/pre-order/unicorn-factory-box-mod.html

However, it costs $285 for just the mod. Throw another $20 for batteries, $20 for a decent RDA clone, and $20 for a 2 bay i2 charger. Your total is almost $350.

My box mod cost $40. Plus the $60 for the other stuff mentioned, it's $100 total investment for almost a quarter the price, and when used correctly is no less safe than the regulated seen above.

In a perfect world, mechs are unnecessary. But I'm pumping 228W at a fraction of the cost, so I'm happy

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, I have found a regulated device that outputs 120 watts using the raptor chip. http://www.dcvapor.com/index.php/pre-order/unicorn-factory-box-mod.html

However, it costs $285 for just the mod. Throw another $20 for batteries, $20 for a decent RDA clone, and $20 for a 2 bay i2 charger. Your total is almost $350.

My box mod cost $40. Plus the $60 for the other stuff mentioned, it's $100 total investment for almost a quarter the price, and when used correctly is no less safe than the regulated seen above.

In a perfect world, mechs are unnecessary. But I'm pumping 228W at a fraction of the cost, so I'm happy
Which box is it a DIY?
Been debating on doing a 180 raptor box myself but my solder skills are a tad rusty. Half tempted to go back to the old job and see if they have any ewaste boards floating around for practice.

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which box is it a DIY?
Been debating on doing a 180 raptor box myself but my solder skills are a tad rusty. Half tempted to go back to the old job and see if they have any ewaste boards floating around for practice.

No, it's for commercial. Looks like the Raptor chip itself only costs about $40, which isn't bad all things considering.

VU Sponsors