Become a Patron!

I'm a good parent

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe this belongs in the Are you Madd category.

But I'm getting really tired of hearing parents say they would beat their child's ass if they saw them smoking and or vaping.

Especially when I've heard many of those same parents say they actually buy alcohol for their teens to drink at home. Their logic? It keeps them safe if they're not out with friends drinking and driving. On what F'n planet does it keep them safe?

I've buried MORE friends that were alcoholics, than I have that died of lung cancer.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny thing is, you can't even beat your kids' ass any more. I like the ones that say that with a cig in their mouth...

-Kingboomer

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Discipline, sure. Beating their ass? No, I think that is overkill.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nope, I'd beat my kids ass if I caught them smoking.....without a moments hesitation....it is an addiction that will have incredible damage to their health and vitality....caught my little brother smoking with his buddy when they were about 11 or 12...took them out back with a fresh pack of smokes.opened it up and told them to smoke the pack or I'd beat their ass into the ground and tell their parents what they had been up to.....to this day 30 years latter my brother thanks me for steering him away from smoking...I watched my step father die from emphasyma, and jusrt buried my father from COPD....a busted ass is a walk in the park compared to those kinds of deaths.I've buried my brother in law from drugs, and friends as well...addiction kills.
If I had to do over again I pray to God somebody had broke everyone of my fingers to stop me from taking up smoking...and your right alcohol can be one of the most dangerous drugs out there.

Last edited:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny thing is, you can't even beat your kids' ass any more. I like the ones that say that with a cig in their mouth...

-Kingboomer
Haha, come to my neck of the words. Not only do people still beat their kids ass. They'll do it in public

I've seen more than one child/grandchild have a belt put to their ass inside Walmart.

Shocking I know. But they don't do it with an ecig, cigarette, or a beer in their hands.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
nope, I'd beat my kids ass if I caught them smoking.....without a moments hesitation....it is an addiction that will have incredible damage to their health and vitality....caught my little brother smoking with his buddy when they were about 11 or 12...took them out back with a fresh pack of smokes.opened it up and told them to smoke the pack or I'd beat their ass into the ground and tell their parents what they had been up to.....to this day 30 years latter my brother thanks me for steering him away from smoking...I watched my step father die from emphasyma, and jusrt buried my father from COPD....a busted ass is a walk in the park compared to those kinds of deaths.I've buried my brother in law from drugs, and friends as well...addiction kills.
If I had to do over again I pray to God somebody had broke everyone of my fingers to stop me from taking up smoking...and your right alcohol can be one of the most dangerous drugs out there.
Ever think of working at a treatment center? 28 day ass kicking program would set these guys straight. Lol

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
nope, I'd beat my kids ass if I caught them smoking.....without a moments hesitation....it is an addiction that will have incredible damage to their health and vitality....caught my little brother smoking with his buddy when they were about 11 or 12...took them out back with a fresh pack of smokes.opened it up and told them to smoke the pack or I'd beat their ass into the ground and tell their parents what they had been up to.....to this day 30 years latter my brother thanks me for steering him away from smoking...I watched my step father die from emphasyma , and jusrt buried my father from COPD....a busted ass is a walk in the park compared to those kinds of deaths.I've buried my brother in law from drugs, and friends as well...addiction kills.

One of my reasons for putting the cigarettes down. I've been diagnosed with early onset of emphasyma. That was about 10 years ago.

I haven't repaired any real damage caused by my smoking. But I'm much healthier now, and I've slowed things down. And my lung function is significantly better now.

I wish I'd had a big brother like you when I started.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever think of working at a treatment center? 28 day ass kicking program would set these guys straight. Lol
there is a world of diffrence between a habitual patteren of abuse and...... punishment.......a child that is abused by an unstable parent who beats them for no apparent reason in an unpredictable and arbitrary manner that makes the child constantly afraid is far far diffrent than a child that is not abused but has been given known boundaries and and know what the boundaries are.....the rare occassion of punishment in a stable home is a world apart from a world of daily and unpredictable violence that people in treatment centers expericed as childeren. I have very very very rarely had to resort to corpral punishment with my kid I rthink I could count the times on the fingers of one hand,but for something like smoking or drugs or other self destructive behavior...I'd come down on her like the hand of God.....and she knows it....like all teenagers she asserted her individuality through acts of rebellion and less than respectfull behavior, but bedrock ...she's a real good kid.people tell me I raised a great kid...I tell them she was born that way,she's a great kid not because of me,but because of the person she was born.. I am an idot.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my reasons for putting the cigarettes down. I've been diagnosed with early onset of emphasyma. That was about 10 years ago.

I haven't repaired any real damage caused by my smoking. But I'm much healthier now, and I've slowed things down. And my lung function is significantly better now.

I wish I'd had a big brother like you when I started.
So, puff how is that you say you haven't repaired any real damage,but.....your lung function is better..I don't understand what you mean.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, puff how is that you say you haven't repaired any real damage,but.....your lung function is better..I don't understand what you mean.

We're probably on different pages. The actual function versus what it's capable of if zero damage.

The damage will always be there. But lung function will improve after you stop smoking.

The act of smoking itself, reduces lung function. You gain that back by stopping smoking. The lungs will clean themselves to a certain extent. But physical damage doesn't simply go away.

Exercise can help increase function also.

Kind of like an engine, missing a spark plug. It still runs, but not as good as it used too. :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you need to beat your children to convince them they're doing wrong, you're doing it wrong.

I never have and never will raise a hand to my daughter - though her mom did on very rare occasion when she was young. These male companions she seems to be gaining an interest in lately, however...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you need to beat your children to convince them they're doing wrong, you're doing it wrong.

I never have and never will raise a hand to my daughter - though her mom did on very rare occasion when she was young. These male companions she seems to be gaining an interest in lately, however...

Hmmm, another mental abuser?

The saddest thing clinical psychologist teach parents today, is ignoring/rewarding behavior is better than physical discipline.

Translate this to a puppy. 12 months later, it rejects and avoids human contact. But it's very well behaved.

This psychologist & her husband openly berated his parents for verbally scolding their child. Who was doing exactly what they told him not too. Good job teaching a child that verbally abusing the elderly is acceptable.

People aren't puppies. And the reward for unacceptable behavior as an adult, is death in many circumstances.

However, taking their video games, iPad, and cell phone away. Might work.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I remember reading some passages written by the current Dali Lama...about his childhood in Tibet...the Tibetian culture teaches compassion toward all living things....The Dali Lama described how on the porch of his home hung two switches one for him and one for his brother......Obviously the tibetians found no problem with using a rare bit of corporal punishment in order to develop a compassionate culture.
I agree with Puff on mental abuse....I'd rather be beat, for knowningly crossing the line and doing something stupid...than have some adult's well meaning mind fuck. That being said childeren are intelligent curious people..not dogs to be trained and taught obedience....
I've seen kids who were spanked growing up t,urn into incredible well adjusted kind people, and I've seen kids raised in the goo-goo touchy feeling liberal muck turn into sadistic twisted little fuckers....I think it was Dr. Spock...his son committed suicide...

Last edited:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I remember reading some passages written by the current Dali Lama...about his childhood in Tibet...the Tibetian culture teaches compassion toward all living things....The Dali Lama described how on the porch of his home hung two switches one for him and one for his brother......Obviously the tibetians found no problem with using a rare bit of corporal punishment in order to develop a compassionate culture.

I never used a switch on my children. Until my father in law told me I was going to have to, with my daughter. Trust me when I tell you, it hurts me to this day, 18 years later. But I never had to use it again.

She's 25 now, an RN, owns and runs a successful multi-million $ business. And goes out of her way to visit me when I'm home. So this BS that physical discipline does severe mental damage, is BS.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USA is the only country that don't allow parents to beat their kids, and that's why there's a lot of STUPID NON FEARING KIDS OUT here.. My parent friends take their kids back to the Philippines to study HS and learn the culture of respect and gratitude, kids comes back to the USA better humans...
Who the fuck calls 911 on their parents... Unless they molesting or killing you sheet
Just saying..I GOT beat up by my mom, and I'm grateful for that... If it wasn't for her Floyd may weather tactics I'm probably dead or incarcerated right now...

VAPE ON

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never used a switch on my children. Until my father in law told me I was going to have to, with my daughter. Trust me when I tell you, it hurts me to this day, 18 years later. But I never had to use it again.

She's 25 now, an RN, owns and runs a successful multi-million $ business. And goes out of her way to visit me when I'm home. So this BS that physical discipline does severe mental damage, is BS.
Kids are human beings, and I don't think there are any hard and fast rules....I heard of some studies that were done,that showed that the response to physical abuse..not the occasional corpal punishment, but pysical abuse..produced radically different results in people based on their genetic makeup....for some it sort of rolled off their backs for others it had disasterous,life destroying consequences...but that was physical and emotional abuse..not rare corpral punishment...but alot of us can rmember the time when corpral punishment was handed out, like cough drops..it was a fucked up.. ,disrespectful,and dehumanizing method of child rearing....

Last edited:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kids are human beings, and I don't think there are any hard and fast rules....I heard of some studies that were done,that showed that the response to physical abuse..not the occasional corpal punishment, but pysical abuse..produced radically different results in people based on their genetic makeup....for some it sort of rolled off their backs for others it had disasterous,life destroying consequences...but that was physical and emotional abuse..not rare corpral punishment...but alot of us can rmember the time when corpral punishment was handed out, like cough drops..it was a fucked up.. ,disrespectful,and dehumanizing method of child rearing....

Agreed :) There is a huge difference between the occasional corporal punishment, and physical abuse.

Most of the abuse I witnessed while growing up, was done by drunks and school teachers. Thankfully, my mom was neither of those

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have children , 5 of my own and 2 step children whom I love more than life itself , saying that I do not like to have to spank my children . I have spanked them and made it memorable for them , not crazy mama with a chancla spanking but I got my point across . With that my children fall into the category as they know right from wrong and they know if they pass the line that they are in danger of a paddling , even though it breaks my heart to do it and it hurts me just as bad as it does them .that being said my sister does the whole I will never spank My children thing and I have a nephew who has been in and out of correctional facility's since he was 9 my other 12 year old nephew who falls out whenever he doesn't get his way and a niece that basically pulls the crying baby card everytime even though she is now 14 years old . I personally believe if she had been a bit tougher on them it might have been differant . But all children need punishment and discipline if not they will never know the right from wrong aspect of life . I do not agree with spanking your child everytime they look funny but it is necessary to let them know what is right and what is wrong .

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, kind of a leap from "I don't beat my kids" to "You must be mentally abusing them, then."

Sure, my wife gave our daughter a few swats when she was younger - if we had a boy I might have done the same. But she grew out of spankings by the time she was 8 (really 6, but Mom kept threatening them for a couple years) and I see it as my job to break logic down to a level she understands to get her to get along in life. That said, I'm checking out on this one.

VU Sponsors