Become a Patron!

Im getting zero throat hit?

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So Ive been vaping on disposable e-cigs with 18mg so far. Got the innokin iTaste CLK in the mail today with ice menthol 18mg e-juice from french touch. Im getting zero throat hit, and well, thats why I like to vape. Im vaping on a disposable e-cig again just to get the throat hit. Whats wrong with the vaporizer/e-juice? Why am I not getting any throat hit from it?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's the nic level in the juice, and the PG/VG ratio? Menthol tones down the throat hit BTW.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the nic level in the juice, and the PG/VG ratio? Menthol tones down the throat hit BTW.
I said it was 18mg ice menthol. The PG/VG is 70/30. I know that one of them produce more throat hit, but is it supossed to make THAT much of a difference?

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
There are two ways to increase throat hit.
1.) increment the PG
2.) increment the nicotine

The disposable e-cigs most likely have a lot more nicotine, than your current e-liquid. You could try a juice with 80PG/20VG. However, in your case, I'd look for a 20-24 mg/ml nicotine juice.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are two ways to increase throat hit.
1.) increment the PG
2.) increment the nicotine

The disposable e-cigs most likely have a lot more nicotine, than your current e-liquid. You could try a juice with 80PG/20VG. However, in your case, I'd look for a 20-24 mg/ml nicotine juice.
Allright, thank you :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well it could be the coil is just crap.
have you tried increasing the voltage?
other then that
your only choices are to get new juice with more nic or pg or both

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well it could be the coil is just crap.
have you tried increasing the voltage?
other then that
your only choices are to get new juice with more nic or pg or both
the vaporizer does have variable voltage from 3.5 to 5.0. Changing the voltage doesnt help that much.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
50/50 with 18 mg should give you a good throat hit 70/30 should give you more throat hit, Like zamazam said menthol will tone down the throat hit. The more vg = less throat hit, less nic less throat hit.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like all these people say, PG and Nic help a throat hit. But also higher wattages can give a nicer tickle assuming your tank/coil can handle it and your mod provide it.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats a very weak vaporizer and atomizer. A simple VTC and subtank mini will improve your vaping experience including a much better throat hit. Otherwise you'd have no choice but to up the PG but I dont believe would make much more of a difference..

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I changed the e-juice to energy drink (energiè) and now I can feel the throat hit, although it feels different and not at all as good as the throat hit from the disposable e-cigs. I can barely vape too now before I feel ive had enough and I start feeling weird and a bit sick with the vaporizer :/ I guess it is just because its a shitty vaporizer but im a student and I dont have a lot of money right now. Ill wait til after christmas and then ill buy a better vaporizer :)

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats a very weak vaporizer and atomizer. A simple VTC and subtank mini will improve your vaping experience including a much better throat hit. Otherwise you'd have no choice but to up the PG but I dont believe would make much more of a difference..
Alright, could you link to something I could buy? As Ive said im a student and I cant afford much, and Id have to wait til after chritmas to buy a new vaporizer. But yeah this vaporizer is pretty bad and its not that enjoyable so I do want something better.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright, could you link to something I could buy? As Ive said im a student and I cant afford much, and Id have to wait til after chritmas to buy a new vaporizer. But yeah this vaporizer is pretty bad and its not that enjoyable so I do want something better.
Sorry didnt notice that part. Let me link you one when i get a pc

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors