Become a Patron!

Im gonna throw this p.o.s

Drewcantwrap

Member For 1 Year
Dagger mod is powering on, reading ohms properly, reading volts properly, but not sending and heat to coils. Tried it on 4 attys. The battery I pulled out of it was down to 1.67. Am not sure how she did this .

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That battery is safe only to recycle.
Sounds like the mod is toast and not safe to use.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BC the 510 want send a charge to the attys? Even if it is reading ohms.
Never recharge a battery that has been drained below 2 volts. And not below 2.5 volts is even better.

Yep if the mod reads ohms correctly the chipset must be bad becuase the resistance measurement uses the same wire path from the chipset to the 510/atty as the power does to heat the coil.
this tells me that the wiring to the 510 is ok and so is the 510.
And a regulated mod should never drain a battery that low unless maybe a few of them will if they sit for a month or more with the battery in them.

A regulated mod is never totally turned off, It keeps a bit of brains going to watch for 5 clicks to turn it fully on. They are just in a very low current standby mode when turned 'off'.
A few mods have a bit excessive standby current requirements.

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
10 ......seconds, Minutes, hours, months?

What do you view as half charge? According to the mod or actually tested?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Have you disassembled the mod and performed a cleaning job on it, checked for loose bits and liquid inside the body of the thing?

If its been dropped, wetted or combinations in between; strange things can happen. Before tossing it against a wall or out a window it may be worth the effort to perform a tear down and do some house keeping.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tested the Dagger with a known good fully charged battery?

VU Sponsors