Become a Patron!

I'm new to diy

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just recieved my kit from heartland vapes Im a dripper so im gonna make all max vg juice.... i tried my first one sampled it but has absolutely no flavor
strawberry (ripe) tfa 6%
ripe banana tfa 6%
whipped cream 8%
i tried letting it warm up in a cup of hot water (not boiling just tap hot) with a little increase of flavor.... what is normal steep time for diy to notice flavor to see what needs adjusting?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Max VG could take a bit longer, so I've heard. I can't use too much vg, myself. I know so little about all TFA, but the ones I do use, I use quite a bit less percentage wise. If you made a large enough sample to split it, maybe dilute a little with more base and see if it helps?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Might take 12-24 hours for pure VG, but those fruits are usually pretty strong.
Wondering if too much Whipped Cream is muting the others?
You can continue to heat them as long as you feel like it tho, maybe will help.

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im gonna let it breathe for the night check in the am again new to this so how many drops would i increase to be safe 5 at a time or more than that?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, depending on the size sample you made, say you made 10ml... split it in half, add 5ml of base to it. If just adding vg, you'll decrease the nic, obviously, but it'll give you an idea if you're flavor is too strong. Sometimes higher % can lead to flavor kill. Not always.

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im not getting any flavor.... its very muted

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe try each flavor as a single mix till you find the % for you, if steeping and cutting in half don't work. That'd be the best way to find the right % for YOU. This is a chart for TFA single flavor %. It's not a rule, just a possible starting point.

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so are creamy flavors known to drown out fruits?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're most welcome :) I hope something in there helps you out. I still have a ton of questions most of the time.

It's not so much that creamies drown out fruits, it's just a learning process with all flavors. Some fruits can even drown flavors out. I'm so glad we have threads dedicated to specific vendor flavorings. It's so helpful. Your questions would be helpful in the TFA thread, too. I've noticed it hasn't had as many posts as some of the other vendors, but I also know that a lot of people here have a lot of experience with TFA. If you think about it, use that thread too, because it helps everyone learn. It also helps whoever responds to be able to share the info ;) Then if you don't get the answers you need, always do what you did here. Ask in the general forum. I've tried studying the Inawera thread and, of course, the FlavourArt thread.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so are creamy flavors known to drown out fruits?
not necessarily but certain additives or flavors can easily mute anything , that just seems like a lot to me. might be over flavored to the point its muting everything. I did not really like any of the whip cream flavor I have tried. that one if I remember is ok but I think I had the same issues and just moved on to other things. try 2 or 3 % and see what happens. good luck !

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What wllmc said, lol. I do like the TFA Whipped Cream flavor. I use it in many mixes, actually. I think I use about 3 or 4%, which to me seems high, but I'm used to FA and that's almost always really low %

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What wllmc said, lol. I do like the TFA Whipped Cream flavor. I use it in many mixes, actually. I think I use about 3 or 4%, which to me seems high, but I'm used to FA and that's almost always really low %
haha thats funny when the double answer happens. you beat me this time . ya what huck said to lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I had to edit mine tho because my brain is not functioning correctly . may as well be using my toes to type today.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wllmc: Just a heads up. I got the Pumpkin Spice Coffee flavor. I like it and my wife and others around here like it, so I hope you will too. Now I don't use any nicotine, so if you do use nic, you will have to bump the percentage probably.

Pumpkin Spice Coffee

Cappuccino (IW) 12%
Columbian Coffee (TW - GS) 8%
Ginger (MTB) 3%
Spicy Biscuit (IW) 5%
Clove (WL) 4%
Cinnamon (spice) (WL) 8%
Madagascar Vanilla (MTB) 3%
MTS (FA) 3 Drops per 6ml
Smooth (TFA) 3 Drops per 6ml

Steep = 48 hrs min.

Get back to me please, with your tasters opinion and I will work on correction(s) for you.

Eric

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wllmc: Just a heads up. I got the Pumpkin Spice Coffee flavor. I like it and my wife and others around here like it, so I hope you will too. Now I don't use any nicotine, so if you do use nic, you will have to bump the percentage probably.

Pumpkin Spice Coffee

Cappuccino (IW) 12%
Ginger (MTB) 3%
Spicy Biscuit (IW) 5%
Clove (WL) 4%
Cinnamon (spice) (WL) 8%
MTS (FA) 3 Drops per 6ml

Steep = 48 hrs min.

Get back to me please, with your tasters opinion and I will work on correction(s) for you.

Eric

Am I missing something here - 43% total flavoring, plus the other two that are in drops? I don't think I've ever seen a recipe with that much flavoring!

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Am I missing something here - 43% total flavoring, plus the other two that are in drops? I don't think I've ever seen a recipe with that much flavoring!

First things first. Drops vs % in recipe. You being an FA guy, I would have thought MTS and Smooth would be familiar. MTS is FA's "enhancer" that is used to tame mixes that have some "rough edges" when vaped.

As to a43% flavor profile: High % flavor profiles are not uncommon in the NON-FA world. Most people don't use FA as their one and only concentrate. This either because, like me, we started mixing when FA was on the don't use this stuff list, because, they were still using diacetyl in their juice (ex: as recent as last year, their description for The Sweetened Condensed Milk stated it was not recommended for inhaling). Since then they have removed diacetyl from their product, but on other forums, it is still talked about. The other reason is, again, like me, they have hundreds of different concentrates from suppliers they have been using since they started and all of their recipes are geared for the more come 20% flavor profile. Further, if you are making multi concentrates mixes with concentrates whose recommended % for use is in the 10 to 25% range, you can't help but have higher flavor profiles.

Of the hundreds upon hundreds of resellers and web sites selling concentrates, only a small percentage offer FA. Consequently, there are many, many more people using other brands of concentrates. Now, that I have found out more about FA, I am going to replace the concentrates I use the most and those I use in my own "BASE" concentrates (i.e., Cream Base, Fruit Base, Cake Base, Spice Base) with FA concentrates. As much as I mix it will save me money. However, on flavors I make for the shop to offer, I must continue to use the normal concentrates. The shop offers more than 1200 flavors and changing concentrates is totally out of the question.

Now, finally. I have never felt more unwelcome on a forum than I do on this one. It is virtually a FA site that does not have many that are experienced with other brands of concentrates. And by the way, I worked very hard to develop that flavor and it appears it was unappreciated.

Eric

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
First things first. Drops vs % in recipe. You being an FA guy, I would have thought MTS and Smooth would be familiar. MTS is FA's "enhancer" that is used to tame mixes that have some "rough edges" when vaped.

As to a43% flavor profile: High % flavor profiles are not uncommon in the NON-FA world. Most people don't use FA as their one and only concentrate. This either because, like me, we started mixing when FA was on the don't use this stuff list, because, they were still using diacetyl in their juice (ex: as recent as last year, their description for The Sweetened Condensed Milk stated it was not recommended for inhaling). Since then they have removed diacetyl from their product, but on other forums, it is still talked about. The other reason is, again, like me, they have hundreds of different concentrates from suppliers they have been using since they started and all of their recipes are geared for the more come 20% flavor profile. Further, if you are making multi concentrates mixes with concentrates whose recommended % for use is in the 10 to 25% range, you can't help but have higher flavor profiles.

Of the hundreds upon hundreds of resellers and web sites selling concentrates, only a small percentage offer FA. Consequently, there are many, many more people using other brands of concentrates. Now, that I have found out more about FA, I am going to replace the concentrates I use the most and those I use in my own "BASE" concentrates (i.e., Cream Base, Fruit Base, Cake Base, Spice Base) with FA concentrates. As much as I mix it will save me money. However, on flavors I make for the shop to offer, I must continue to use the normal concentrates. The shop offers more than 1200 flavors and changing concentrates is totally out of the question.

Now, finally. I have never felt more unwelcome on a forum than I do on this one. It is virtually a FA site that does not have many that are experienced with other brands of concentrates. And by the way, I worked very hard to develop that flavor and it appears it was unappreciated.

Eric

wow..

Eric.. your percentages are high! Yes, I said it too. :)

eh my bad.. getting the op's post mixed with your's Eric.. sorry!!

I do appreciate you posted up a terrific looking pumpkin coffee.. and a big thank you for that.. Personally.. I still have over 5 gigs of recipes from "those normal" flavor companies.. I just do not have the time right now to be posting a lot.. in a month or so, I should be back to posting up.. I do try to keep up with what all is posted tho and my friends here.. but can I ask: why the high percentages? Were you a very heavy smoker? Have you tried to lower your percentages? I never took spicy biscuit over 2-3%

This site is pretty new and unless we do have the people posting for other companies.. this is what we have. Sorry you do not feel comfy.. but if you grab a coffee and relax a bit, there are a bunch of good people around here.. I promise :) we don't bite often, only on days that end in y :p

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I haven't either @AmandaD :oops:

the highest I have ever seen is around 30% and even that is pushing things..
but i did have a local vendor here tell me I need to add "real sugar" to my vapes..
had to laugh at him and told him my tummy is not named lungs. :p

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I just recieved my kit from heartland vapes Im a dripper so im gonna make all max vg juice.... i tried my first one sampled it but has absolutely no flavor
strawberry (ripe) tfa 6%
ripe banana tfa 6%
whipped cream 8%
i tried letting it warm up in a cup of hot water (not boiling just tap hot) with a little increase of flavor.... what is normal steep time for diy to notice flavor to see what needs adjusting?

mmmm this one.. never take ripe banana over 2% it will take over a juice used at higher percentages.
the rest look ok, but might want to increase the strawberry to around 10%
(strawberry ripe is a bit of a week flavor)

fruits should be a shake and vape, at the most an overnight sit will help.. nothing else is needed.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Erck , you're not being attacked, hun. It was only an observation with an underlying question. Yes, many people here do use FA because they've had such great success with it, but those same people use TFA, INW, HS, FW, NF, etc... I personally have not used any of those vendors at a high percentage, simply because I've found they work well at lower percentages. Much lower percentages. Recipes that I've seen posted by others haven't used high percentages, either. Again, it was simply an observation.

I'm sorry you feel unwelcomed at VU. I've found it very welcoming here and have learned from and chatted with people I never saw before at ECF. My personal experiences here have been warmer and more welcoming than my beginning at the other place. There were times I'd wished I'd continued lurking over there instead of signing up. My own persistence lead me to a nicer group of people.

Sorry about the derail @jbennett925

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow..

Eric.. your percentages are high! Yes, I said it too. :)

eh my bad.. getting the op's post mixed with your's Eric.. sorry!!

I do appreciate you posted up a terrific looking pumpkin coffee.. and a big thank you for that.. Personally.. I still have over 5 gigs of recipes from "those normal" flavor companies.. I just do not have the time right now to be posting a lot.. in a month or so, I should be back to posting up.. I do try to keep up with what all is posted tho and my friends here.. but can I ask: why the high percentages? Were you a very heavy smoker? Have you tried to lower your percentages? I never took spicy biscuit over 2-3%

This site is pretty new and unless we do have the people posting for other companies.. this is what we have. Sorry you do not feel comfy.. but if you grab a coffee and relax a bit, there are a bunch of good people around here.. I promise :) we don't bite often, only on days that end in y :p

Blue: Thanks for the kind words. No, I am not new. Been mixing for well over a year. As far as higher percentages go, I started mixing with High Desert and Mt. Baker and later added Wizard Labs and it took a good dose to satisfy the taste of the people in this area. On top of that, add the fact that I was 70 years old and your taste buds get tired at that age. Now I am working toward 73 and they are not getting any better.

As far as the Spicy Biscuit goes, I started out at 3% and could not even taste it. So, I kept adjusting until I got some flavor and added another 1% for steeping loss. I still find it weak, but those around me say it is nice. It is not "in-your-face". I was shooting for the flavored coffee from 7-11 with cream and sugar, which brings the pumpkin spice down in the real thing. Anyone that is a DIYer will take it and make it their own. At least this way they have something to start with. I went thru 8 iterations to get to this point and will be the first to admit that there is room for improvement. Lots of mix and drip before making a test batch.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't either @AmandaD :oops:

the highest I have ever seen is around 30% and even that is pushing things..
but i did have a local vendor here tell me I need to add "real sugar" to my vapes..
had to laugh at him and told him my tummy is not named lungs. :p

Smoky: Have you ever made your own sweetener using Stevia or monk fruit? You might be surprised to find out that is a common ingredient in some of the sweetener concentrates.

Eric

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Pumpkin Spice Coffee
Cappuccino (IW) 12%
Ginger (MTB) 3%
Spicy Biscuit (IW) 5%
Clove (WL) 4%
Cinnamon (spice) (WL) 8%
MTS (FA) 3 Drops per 6ml

Hey Eric - I for one hope you'll stick around! You and I have more in common than you might think. For one, people gawk at our percentages, lol. So we're at opposite ends of the spectrum there, but that's okay. The flavors you chose and your ratios between them sound right to me: a little more creamy coffee than black; coffees total the spices; twice as much cinnamon as clove; same amount of vanilla and Ginger... That's how I read all recipes, vape-related or not. (I wish vape recipes traditionally listed ratios instead of percents - would make everything easier.)

A couple questions for you:
* Is Spicy Biscuit your nutmeg here, or is it doing more than that (adding other spices or a bakery touch)?

* I've had zero luck with pumpkin flavor, but still haven't decided if it's necessary for 'pumpkin spice' type recipes. I'm gonna have to try a Starbucks with that name and see if I actually taste any pumpkin there... Sometimes the taste buds fill in missing flavors; I wonder if that's how pumpkin spice (in general) works. What do you think? Do you sense pumpkin flavor, even without it - or does it just not belong?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Blue: Thanks for the kind words. No, I am not new. Been mixing for well over a year. As far as higher percentages go, I started mixing with High Desert and Mt. Baker and later added Wizard Labs and it took a good dose to satisfy the taste of the people in this area. On top of that, add the fact that I was 70 years old and your taste buds get tired at that age. Now I am working toward 73 and they are not getting any better.

As far as the Spicy Biscuit goes, I started out at 3% and could not even taste it. So, I kept adjusting until I got some flavor and added another 1% for steeping loss. I still find it weak, but those around me say it is nice. It is not "in-your-face". I was shooting for the flavored coffee from 7-11 with cream and sugar, which brings the pumpkin spice down in the real thing. Anyone that is a DIYer will take it and make it their own. At least this way they have something to start with. I went thru 8 iterations to get to this point and will be the first to admit that there is room for improvement. Lots of mix and drip before making a test batch.

Eric

I have been mixing for a long time, Eric ;) I love it!

At age 73, I am proud of you and perhaps you might be right on tired tongue.. or.. just using flavorings that need that higher percentage.
MBV is only flavor west flavoring.. Dunno on High Desert.. never tried it.. happier now with my herbals.. but i bounce flavor vendors just like I do juice.
I keep around 15 juices ready, most of the time. I don't have an all day fav..

and yes, it is possible to convert most! any type of recipe.. if you know your flavors. <that is the big key!

Smoky: Have you ever made your own sweetener using Stevia or monk fruit? You might be surprised to find out that is a common ingredient in some of the sweetener concentrates.

Eric

I do not use Stevia nor Monk Fruit. I used to be a big add a sweetener here diy'er.. I have played with things that even some of the "Old Timers" have frowned on.. I have found sweetening combos I love dearly.. but! I do not use many sweet juices now.. haven't in over 6 months.. but i guess I will get back to them at one time or another.. :)

I have a few recipes that took me over 6 months of just tinkering with, to get them where i like using what I like.. its fun but challenging.. ;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Erck, I do hope I didn't make you feel unwelcome - that certainly wasn't my intention! And I think if you re-read what I wrote you'll see that I only questioned your percentages - not your actual recipe :)

I've used a lot of other companies flavorings, but I use mainly FA now simply because I find them so much better than most (not all) others I've used - I like almost all their flavors, as opposed to the one or two from other lines. The fact that they are so concentrated I find gives me a very clean flavor - I used to find most commercial juice way overflavored for my chain vaping, even after smoking for 40years! But, there are still some flavors I can barely taste at the recommended percentages - apricot for one. However, I could go up to a high percentage but I tend to just avoid it altogether because it's not worth that much to me. I do find I'm pretty sensitive to the taste of chemical-like flavors, and keeping the percentages low - for me - seems to reduce that problem. But, as I say, people often taste different things in juices, and I mix for my tastes!

And to both you and HIC - I may have mentioned before that I did get some IW Spicy Biscuit a couple of weeks ago - and I found it tasted exactly like pumpkin spice to me. I used it in VT nic at 5 drops from the original bottle, so I think it's going to be a useful addition for holiday recipes!

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Erck, I do hope I didn't make you feel unwelcome - that certainly wasn't my intention! And I think if you re-read what I wrote you'll see that I only questioned your percentages - not your actual recipe :)

I've used a lot of other companies flavorings, but I use mainly FA now simply because I find them so much better than most (not all) others I've used - I like almost all their flavors, as opposed to the one or two from other lines. The fact that they are so concentrated I find gives me a very clean flavor - I used to find most commercial juice way overflavored for my chain vaping, even after smoking for 40years! But, there are still some flavors I can barely taste at the recommended percentages - apricot for one. However, I could go up to a high percentage but I tend to just avoid it altogether because it's not worth that much to me. I do find I'm pretty sensitive to the taste of chemical-like flavors, and keeping the percentages low - for me - seems to reduce that problem. But, as I say, people often taste different things in juices, and I mix for my tastes!

And to both you and HIC - I may have mentioned before that I did get some IW Spicy Biscuit a couple of weeks ago - and I found it tasted exactly like pumpkin spice to me. I used it in VT nic at 5 drops from the original bottle, so I think it's going to be a useful addition for holiday recipes!

Thanks Amanda. I get overly sensitive sometimes. Sorry about that, I was getting hit from all sides and then it seemed like my forum friends jumped on the wagon as well. I told my wonderful wife of 52 years, that I was only one person today and my back was killing me and of course you saw the way I was feeling at one of my favorite place to spend time - - - the forum.

I to am a chain vaper and that may be one of the reasons I mix heavy. It is a shame about the apricot. If you haven't found an answer to the problem, I may be able to shed some light on the subject that will help get you back to your apricot. Peach, which seems to be a close match to the apricot concentrate recipe is the hardest to cure. It can take 6 weeks or more for one or more of those molecules to break down and coalesce with the other molecules in the mix. A lot of words to basically say, put it away and forget it for a couple months. That should get rid of the chemical taste. The other thing, and I do this with any peach recipe, is to add one or two drops of FA's MTS Wizard to each 6ml of juice. That definitely should get rid of the chemical taste.

As for the Spicy Biscuit, everyone's taster is different. I may have been suffering from a little vapor's tongue that day. One never knows, does one. Anyway it worked, for me, in my mix.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Eric - I for one hope you'll stick around! You and I have more in common than you might think. For one, people gawk at our percentages, lol. So we're at opposite ends of the spectrum there, but that's okay. The flavors you chose and your ratios between them sound right to me: a little more creamy coffee than black; coffees total the spices; twice as much cinnamon as clove; same amount of vanilla and Ginger... That's how I read all recipes, vape-related or not. (I wish vape recipes traditionally listed ratios instead of percents - would make everything easier.)

A couple questions for you:
* Is Spicy Biscuit your nutmeg here, or is it doing more than that (adding other spices or a bakery touch)?

* I've had zero luck with pumpkin flavor, but still haven't decided if it's necessary for 'pumpkin spice' type recipes. I'm gonna have to try a Starbucks with that name and see if I actually taste any pumpkin there... Sometimes the taste buds fill in missing flavors; I wonder if that's how pumpkin spice (in general) works. What do you think? Do you sense pumpkin flavor, even without it - or does it just not belong?

HIC: I had trouble replying to this post, so I went to one of your other post (where you talked to someone about ripe banana concentrate) and replied. I have no idea why, after, as it turned out, the cell tower or something in between died, it would not let me back on the reply.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been mixing for a long time, Eric ;) I love it!

At age 73, I am proud of you and perhaps you might be right on tired tongue.. or.. just using flavorings that need that higher percentage.
MBV is only flavor west flavoring.. Dunno on High Desert.. never tried it.. happier now with my herbals.. but i bounce flavor vendors just like I do juice.
I keep around 15 juices ready, most of the time. I don't have an all day fav..

and yes, it is possible to convert most! any type of recipe.. if you know your flavors. <that is the big key!

I do not use Stevia nor Monk Fruit. I used to be a big add a sweetener here diy'er.. I have played with things that even some of the "Old Timers" have frowned on.. I have found sweetening combos I love dearly.. but! I do not use many sweet juices now.. haven't in over 6 months.. but i guess I will get back to them at one time or another.. :)

I have a few recipes that took me over 6 months of just tinkering with, to get them where i like using what I like.. its fun but challenging.. ;)

Smoky: I hear my friend. I hear you
Eric

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I to am a chain vaper and that may be one of the reasons I mix heavy. It is a shame about the apricot. If you haven't found an answer to the problem, I may be able to shed some light on the subject that will help get you back to your apricot. Peach, which seems to be a close match to the apricot concentrate recipe is the hardest to cure. It can take 6 weeks or more for one or more of those molecules to break down and coalesce with the other molecules in the mix. A lot of words to basically say, put it away and forget it for a couple months. That should get rid of the chemical taste. The other thing, and I do this with any peach recipe, is to add one or two drops of FA's MTS Wizard to each 6ml of juice. That definitely should get rid of the chemical taste.
Eric

Good thought on the Apricot. Actually, popping a recipe in a crockpot at 150 degrees for 4 hours has the effect of about a 2 week steep. So I'll give that a go! I usually only do that with tobaccos (which I rarely vape), or for less time with complex recipes which need a bit of a wait - because i'm impatient!

I've never tried the vape wizard - might get some on my next order. I never really had a use for it, but I can see where it might come in handy!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
<<<<<<------ late to the party????? lol. I know for sure no one here was trying to rude. amanda and huck are very good people :) recipe sounds legit but does sound really high for most. I'll give it try sometime. ill play around with some percentages on it for sure but I think most people adjust most recipes they see. I do not have a lot of those flavors so i will have to get some . thanks for the work you put into it. I really want a pumpkin spice coffee flavor. i a;ways says recipes are starting points and a good way to find out what someone else thought tasted good together so I can make my own version for me.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
<<<<<<------ late to the party????? lol. I know for sure no one here was trying to rude. amanda and huck are very good people :) recipe sounds legit but does sound really high for most. I'll give it try sometime. ill play around with some percentages on it for sure but I think most people adjust most recipes they see. I do not have a lot of those flavors so i will have to get some . thanks for the work you put into it. I really want a pumpkin spice coffee flavor. i a;ways says recipes are starting points and a good way to find out what someone else thought tasted good together so I can make my own version for me.

wllmc: You are right on the money about being a starting point. I truly hope you get to make this and you like it. HIC said he hates trying to work with Pumpkin Spice and that it is a real dog. You notice there is no "pumpkin Spice" in the recipe. That's because PS does not taste like PS. If you maintain the ratios, you can use most any concentrates you like.

Eric

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mmmm this one.. never take ripe banana over 2% it will take over a juice used at higher percentages.
the rest look ok, but might want to increase the strawberry to around 10%
(strawberry ripe is a bit of a week flavor)

fruits should be a shake and vape, at the most an overnight sit will help.. nothing else is needed.
Thank you

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm late for the party as well.

Just wanted to say that I stumbled in the FA thread here out of curiosity.

I was a regular contributor/reader in the TFA recipes thread at ECF and have the entire TFA line up less tobaccos and most coffee's. I was also a 4 oz bulk buyer of about 22 flavors. I absolutely understand TFA 30% recipes.

With all that said, I had no intention of switching over to FA. I just wanted to see where and why the mass exodus of the FA thread members from ECF. So I came here and just read .

What I found was this true friendship of folks in one thread that had been going on over there at ECF for quite a while,
These folks cared about each other so
much that after ONE MEMBER got banned for no good reason , they all followed him over here. I was so blown away by their faithfulness for the one friend , I just kept an interest In the thread.

I begrudgingly purchased a few FA flavors just to try out. Now I'm hooked. I won't go on and on about why I rarely mix with my 120 plus TFA flavors anymore, but I will say that these are some of the best folks I've ever met on the internet and they have welcomed me with open arms.

I hope you stick around here with us. I never had this much support or other people interested in what I was doing in DIY like these folks here.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to give you my two cents and hope I keep seeing your recipes and what your working on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm late for the party as well.

Just wanted to say that I stumbled in the FA thread here out of curiosity.

I was a regular contributor/reader in the TFA recipes thread at ECF and have the entire TFA line up less tobaccos and most coffee's. I was also a 4 oz bulk buyer of about 22 flavors. I absolutely understand TFA 30% recipes.

With all that said, I had no intention of switching over to FA. I just wanted to see where and why the mass exodus of the FA thread members from ECF. So I came here and just read .

What I found was this true friendship of folks in one thread that had been going on over there at ECF for quite a while,
These folks cared about each other so
much that after ONE MEMBER got banned for no good reason , they all followed him over here. I was so blown away by their faithfulness for the one friend , I just kept an interest In the thread.

I begrudgingly purchased a few FA flavors just to try out. Now I'm hooked. I won't go on and on about why I rarely mix with my 120 plus TFA flavors anymore, but I will say that these are some of the best folks I've ever met on the internet and they have welcomed me with open arms.

I hope you stick around here with us. I never had this much support or other people interested in what I was doing in DIY like these folks here.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to give you my two cents and hope I keep seeing your recipes and what your working on :)

i do feel very welcomed here and i appreciate the warm welcoming i have recieved..... you will be seeing more than just 1 shot at it i plan on being here a while is FA better quality flavoring because i plan on picking up more flavoring next week

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i do feel very welcomed here and i appreciate the warm welcoming i have recieved..... you will be seeing more than just 1 shot at it i plan on being here a while is FA better quality flavoring because i plan on picking up more flavoring next week

I find them extraordinary. When ordering, I know you will just want to try a handful. Please try white peach and Fuji Apple. They will blow your mind at how realistic they are. The great useful creams seem to be Vienna cream and fresh cream.

The %'s are also freakishly low .

Go to the Flavor Art thread and start reading.

All flavor companies have some good flavors, it's just most of the FA are more realistic than what I was use to.

I'm a converted fan boy I guess..... Though the gang here has taught me to search out the best flavors from any and all flavoring companies, no matter who they are.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have TFA blueberry ( hopefully blueberry extra)) , strawberry (hopefully strawberry ripe) and peach ( or juicy peach) ?

If so, mix those at 5% each and enjoy. I don't normally sell juices. But I have given away and sold a lot of this one.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
strawberry (ripe) tfa 6%
ripe banana tfa 6%
whipped cream 8%

4 hour crock pot Steep works well. I use a small fondue crockpot for mixing ( steeping) although I'm not a big steep person

But right after I mix anything, I just put it in a microwave for 4 or 5 seconds ( carefully doing this ) them shake and vape

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no i dont have the blueberry or the peach i do have the strawberry ripe tho

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aw Thunder you're gonna make me cry. .

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

3,000 posts on ECF and never met a group of DIYers like you folks .... :)

Learned more in two months than I did the past year and a half over there, but never stumbled into that thread either !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
3,000 posts on ECF and never met a group of DIYers like you folks .... :)
Learned more in two months than I did the past year and a half over there, but never stumbled into that thread either !

Yah, that whole legendary thread was kind of our learning curve. Mine, anyway. So glad we all ended up over here.

My first post there mentioned how I'd just ordered FA Mangosteen, having eaten a can and loved it. Today I ate the fresh fruit, vaped FA's version, and had a little flashback to that old thread. But my notes this time are here on the Underground, of course!

Oh, I just noticed this isn't the thread I thought it was - apologies OP, for getting so far off-track!

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yah, that whole legendary thread was kind of our learning curve. Mine, anyway. So glad we all ended up over here.

My first post there mentioned how I'd just ordered FA Mangosteen, having eaten a can and loved it. Today I ate the fresh fruit, vaped FA's version, and had a little flashback to that old thread. But my notes this time are here on the Underground, of course!

Oh, I just noticed this isn't the thread I thought it was - apologies OP, for getting so far off-track!
Just ordered the mangosteen and a few others. Ecigexpress has a 20% off coupon. LABORDAY20

VU Sponsors