Become a Patron!

I'm new to this forum and have some questions

So recently I bought a kangertech sub box mini. And like anything I buy I watcg videos about it sho I know what to expect. A lot of these people in YouTube who have bought this kit show that it also comes with an rba kit with it. I boUgh my kits from vapes.com which seems like a good website but the kit did not come with the RBA kit. Just the tank and mod kit. So I went out and bought a smok TFV4 mini. It comes with the rba and everything you need so I put it together and it work fine but I can only get about 3 or 5 hits before I need to put more in and when I try to put slot in there it leaks out the air holes. Idk if I'm doing something wrong or if I did it right and this is how it's supposed to be. This is my first RBA ever and really my first mod ever. So any good answer would help out a lot thanks

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Is this what your tank looks like?
upload_2017-6-8_10-53-49.png

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If the juice is coming out of the air holes, you either put it together incorrectly or are filling it incorrectly.

Probably put it together incorrectly. Because to fill it the top mouth price just slides over and you fill it that way. If I put it together correctly would I need to refill every 3 or 4 hits? Because I have friends with RBAs that say they fill up about every 7 or 8

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probably put it together incorrectly. Because to fill it the top mouth price just slides over and you fill it that way. If I put it together correctly would I need to refill every 3 or 4 hits? Because I have friends with RBAs that say they fill up about every 7 or 8

Depends on the RTA and how much juice they hold, but I don't know of any that have to be refilled every 7 or 8 hits. RDAs possibly, but not RTAs.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had all kinds of problems wicking the TFV4 RBA, it always leaked soon as I filled it and took a vape or I'd get a couple vapes then it would start to dry hit, became so frustrating that I ended up shelving it. I got no time to piss around with a leaky atty or unreliable atty. I was watching a video of some guy building a coil and what he did was scrape the bulk out of the tails with sharp tweezers. I use a dental pick but I scrape at least 1/3 of the bulk out of the tail and it works very well especially with the bulky tails that rayon has.
Thinning the tails works in my Subtank mini, Merlin and the TFV4. With all the TFV4 wicking vids I watched and ended up with failure after failure so what I did is after thinning the tails, juice the wick then making sure all the threads are straight I would make a kinda thick fan by pressing both top and bottom of the tail together then cut some of the corners off so the center was kinda pointy enough too fill the juice well with wicking and stick out some. Screwed on the chimney cap not catching stray hairs in the threads and having some wick sticking out the juice well. From the inside, with a dental pick I'd lift up the wick a bit so there wasn't as much wicking sticking out the juice well but still can see the wick in the well. Pushed the wick from the inside toward the center where the well is. Looking at the RBA from the side you can see the well is full of wick.
I did determine that my TFV4 leaking problems were not having wick in the well and just having it sit ontop the well. Too much tail bulk so it was choking the juice flow. Stuffing dry wick into the chimney and having a mish-mash of threads...keep the threads no matter what atty it is nice, straight and consistent for shortest possible route for flow to the coil.
Occasionally I had the TFV4 leak after refilling almost a burp, not much leak but enough. I determined that the fill slot ontop would get a juice film on it and create a airlock, your bottle tip goes through the film but doesn't break the film thus forcing juice out the bottom. Either paper towel dab or give it a blow before you fill and look to be sure there is no film. My TFV4 hasn't burp leaked after filling since I began looking for that film. Now they are back in rotation, sit for days with juice in them and not leak, seep or dry hit.
I've been rebuilding 4 years now and been within the last several months began to thin the tails rather than cutting them and nothing but success.
Here's the vid I saw with the tail thinning. He begins to thin the tails around the 30:25 mark

VU Sponsors