Become a Patron!

Improving my kayfun.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As with my vehicle or toys i cant seem to leave anything alone and always need to find a way to improve performance.

I was playing around with the kayfun lite plus v2 and found that the insulator for the center firing pin was covering at least 1/3 of the air holes on the lower half.

Ive read some clone companies tend to drill the breather holes on the pin a little too low creating this problem with air flow.

My solution was to grind the insulator down untill it cleared the breather holes.

Also at the top of the center pin you can see where the hole has somewhat of a lip to the entry...I simply cleaned up this lip with a 5/64 drill bit...more or less like a slight counter sink just to remove the sharp edge it has.

Also i removed the air flow control screw...Youre not going to get a huge improvement in air flow but it made it a bit smoother.

Another kayfun base i have didnt have the restriction with the insulator so, you may or may not have this restriction.

I went ahead and drilled the air holes on the bottom of the pin to 5/64 but really i feel no difference at all in air flow....Dont waste your time doing that...Its not a restriction and still wouldnt be a restriction even if the horizontal hole was drilled to 5/64 which you can do but will weaken the pin a considerable amount and unless you do this with a drill press it may collapse the pin and destroy it.

The restriction is the horizontal center hole and not the 2 holes at the bottom of the pin...Drilling the actual breather hole does nothing as well unless you leave the air flow adjustment screw in...Removing the air flow screw creates a huge breather hole in itself.

Ill post up pics when i can of the changes.

VU Sponsors