Become a Patron!

India Tells Its States to Ban Vapes

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well we could have summarized that whole article down to one sentnece from it.

"The Indian government owns nearly a third of the largest tobacco company in the country, and India has more than three times as many smokers as the United States,".................nuff said.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just goes to show, it doesn't matter what your ethnicity and culture are, you've got your fair share of crooks and assholes.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just goes to show, it doesn't matter what your ethnicity and culture are, you've got your fair share of crooks and assholes.
Way back in the 1980s, I worked closely with a guy from India for a a few years. He said their government was incredibly corrupt, and ours was squeaky clean by comparison.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Way back in the 1980s, I worked closely with a guy from India for a a few years. He said their government was incredibly corrupt, and ours was squeaky clean by comparison.

Here in the UAE, 55% of the population is Indian, and we're next door to India. They're hard workers for the most part, but their country is a mess. For example, if they stopped arresting people today, it'd take at least 12 years to clear out their legal dockets. Most people don't know this, but the Naxalites are a Maoist movement that controls a huge percentage of the country. When the police and army show up, they're attacked immediately because it is essentially a war zone. In Mumbai, just about everyone is running low grade dysentery because there is so much shit in the water supply. I get amused when I keep seeing articles talking about how India is going to be a economic world leader, along with Brazil. What a fucking joke. All that being said, my wife's mother is 100% Indian. :confused:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Here in the UAE, 55% of the population is Indian, and we're next door to India.
Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'm not sure I'd call 750 miles across the Arabian Sea, or having to traverse a good portion of southern Iran and all of southern Pakistan "Next Door". :confused:

That said, I have no problem with Hindus or Sikhs. ;)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'm not sure I'd call 750 miles across the Arabian Sea, or having to traverse a good portion of southern Iran and all of southern Pakistan "Next Door". :confused:

That said, I have no problem with Hindus or Sikhs. ;)

Or a couple of hours by plane. It's about perspective. For the average American, flying across the country is a long trip. I've taken so many 14+ hour plane rides that flying 6 hours is a short trip.

They obviously have problems with each other, but it's their problems. The amazing thing about India is how they've managed to hold it together. We've seen how places like Iraq imploded when a firm hand keeps the opposing groups away from each other. I wonder how many Americans know of the extent of the damage done during the Partition of India. The potential for damage is staggering, yet they're keeping it together. Here in the Gulf the majority of Indians are from the Muslim areas, such as Kerala. They tend to be very decent and hard working people who know how to get things done.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well we could have summarized that whole article down to one sentnece from it.

"The Indian government owns nearly a third of the largest tobacco company in the country, and India has more than three times as many smokers as the United States,".................nuff said.
And a significant over population problem, so let's thin the Herd.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors