Become a Patron!

Indoor Vaping- Don't like the plumes.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My roommates vape, but I don't like to fill up the house with vapor.

I saw an electronic device that filters smoke and vapor, but it's expensive and big and loud. I saw these things called a "smoke buddy" at a vape shop yesterday. They had 3 different sizes. Basically you just blow vapor into it and it comes out clean I guess.

Anyone have any experience with these devices, or have a recommendation?

Right now I'm just using a folded cloth, which works, but my breath condensates on my beard and feels icky.

I may get a mtl setup for indoor vaping too, but that will require an investment in a new tank and high nic/pg liquid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I saw an electronic device that filters smoke and vapor, but it's expensive and big and loud. I saw these things called a "smoke buddy" at a vape shop yesterday. They had 3 different sizes. Basically you just blow vapor into it and it comes out clean I guess.

Right now I'm just using a folded cloth, which works, but my breath condensates on my beard and feels icky.

I may get a mtl setup for indoor vaping too, but that will require an investment in a new tank and high nic/pg liquid.

Can you tolerate PG well? Just using higher PG than VG will make the vapor a lot thinner and less substantial and lingering. Or just turning down the wattage, as well as using higher PG. Plus, PG doesn't leave a sticky film as VG does.

Andria

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Maybe try attaching a slightly damp cloth to the back of a fan? Even just running an oscillating fan makes it dissipate faster, I generally keep a window open on either side of the house and run a oscillating fan all the time and rarely does it fog up too much..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe try attaching a slightly damp cloth to the back of a fan? Even just running an oscillating fan makes it dissipate faster, I generally keep a window open on either side of the house and run a oscillating fan all the time and rarely does it fog up too much..

Heh. Keeping windows open in the summer is really only possible in Canada, or the *extreme* north US -- most places in the US, we use air conditioning all summer, so we certainly don't want any open windows! If I open a window in my house for 15 minutes, it would take a couple of hours to get rid of the excessive humidity it allowed inside, and make it really cool again. Summer in Ga -- like trying to breathe jello thru a sponge.

Andria

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ive used a smoke buddy with smoke and it worked pretty well no idea if it will be the same with vaping tho i cant see why not.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Heh. Keeping windows open in the summer is really only possible in Canada, or the *extreme* north US -- most places in the US, we use air conditioning all summer, so we certainly don't want any open windows! If I open a window in my house for 15 minutes, it would take a couple of hours to get rid of the excessive humidity it allowed inside, and make it really cool again. Summer in Ga -- like trying to breathe jello thru a sponge.

Andria
I won't turn on the AC unless indoor temp goes over 86F (30C), I wonder what people did before the invention of the air conditioner?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I won't turn on the AC unless indoor temp goes over 86F (30C), I wonder what people did before the invention of the air conditioner?

Even when it's below 86F (ONLY at night), the humidity is so bad, it's still so fucking hot it's unbearable. The humidity is why we can't open the windows from about May to early October; it makes the AC work twice as hard to get it cool again, and it's expensive enough!

Andria

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
simple, Blow clouds outside, use a MTL inside. If the roommates are such sphincter control freaks, think about moving.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Simple solution if you don't like clouds in the house don't vape inside.................. Even using a Nautilus Mini and the way I chain vape, clouds accumulate. Sitting out on the back patio vaping with my laptop, a neighbor asked me what the hell smelled so good the other day and he was 100 feet away.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Opening windows is not a good idea right now in San Jose. We have window a/c's and fans, but it's still easy to get the room/s hazy.

Andria, my gf doesn't even have an a/c in her house, but she lives in Monterey, a 5 minute walk to the beach! :) I remember getting off the bus in Louisiana years ago. I used to live where it would get well over 100°f, but the humidity in Shreveport was unreal. I don't know how people survive.

Wannavape, is there a lot of restriction breathing into it? Which size did you use? If you have facial hair, did it condensate on your face?

Zam, they don't complain, it's just a courtesy thing. I do want to gtfo of here sooner than later though. Tired of my juice "evaporating" while I'm not home and having my meds stolen.

I guess a mtl setup is the best answer. I don't really like vaping in that style, but I will if I must. Maybe I'll pick up a juul or one of the refillable designs. I would definitely prefer to use my regular setup though.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's pretty humid in the midwest. Hotter than hell today, got the ac running but it can only do so much. It's 94F in my pc room right now with a window a/c blowing directly at the thermometer from across the room. Like others said, crack a window and use a fan. It may help to get a window fan, they've got shorter side by side dual fans for windows (as opposed to the old large square box fans). Set it in the window so it's blowing out. Clears vapor out pretty quick.

Not sure about the smoke buddy, the only vape device I'm aware of is the 'vape nut' and from the video reviews I've seen of it you'd get more satisfaction flushing a $100 bill down the toilet. It couldn't even clear out a small file storage room left on full blast for quite awhile and left on 'auto' it shut off while the room was still so foggy you couldn't see much in there. Pretty sure it was Phil Busardo who tested it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My GF quit smoking before me but was still using Cig-A-Likes until just recently when I got her to start using the JAC Vapour Series-S and slowly I see her starting to create some clouds with her Pen Style VV MOD.

Me
upload_2017-7-21_17-59-7.png

Her

pink-series-s-w1-v3.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention she complains that my gear makes too much vapor all the time also. So I hold in my hits longer!

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Not sure about men, but women fainted a lot. That's why they made the furniture called a "fainting couch." On the whole, I'd rather have AC, NO MATTER what it costs -- it's NECESSARY in GA.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's pretty humid in the midwest. Hotter than hell today, got the ac running but it can only do so much. It's 94F in my pc room right now with a window a/c blowing directly at the thermometer from across the room. Like others said, crack a window and use a fan. It may help to get a window fan, they've got shorter side by side dual fans for windows (as opposed to the old large square box fans). Set it in the window so it's blowing out. Clears vapor out pretty quick.

Not sure about the smoke buddy, the only vape device I'm aware of is the 'vape nut' and from the video reviews I've seen of it you'd get more satisfaction flushing a $100 bill down the toilet. It couldn't even clear out a small file storage room left on full blast for quite awhile and left on 'auto' it shut off while the room was still so foggy you couldn't see much in there. Pretty sure it was Phil Busardo who tested it.

Yeah, window units aren't terribly effective -- central air is what you really need. It's about 90 outside and about 80 percent humidity, or more maybe, I dunno, but it's a pleasant 75-76 in my house. :)

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was younger A/C Windows units were not available and we used to put a wet sheet in front of the window fan for cooling. Evaporation / Condensation is old school cooling systems.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here it's been in the mid to upper 90s the last few days. Humidity a 4:30 in the morning when I leave for work is 90 plus making windshield wipers a must. Today on location it was 103 in the shade. 12 hours out in that and I don't care who you are your ass is drained when it's time to go home. AC in house is set between 68 and 72 so the 6 hours I get to sleep are at least semi comfortable. The only place I have lived that sucked humidity wise more that this was Louisiana. My window unit there produced over 10 gallons of water from the drain on it in a 24 hour period.

I currently use a couple of Lasko multi purpose utility fans to stir the air in the house. One is aimed up where it will actually turn the ceiling fan in the living room. The other is aim to blow across the floor. They seem to keep the clouds knocked down pretty well.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I live under very abnormal conditions. I live in an SLE (sober living house) and I'm not about to buy anything for this dump. Not even a fan. That would be redundant anyway, as I mentioned, we have fans. My window has an a/c unit in it. If I didn't make it clear, opening the window is not an option. We have central air that is always running lately and my room is kept at 60° Sounds great, but I'm cool blooded, I sleep either freezing or with a blanket.

I was really interested in personal solutions like the smoke buddy, and the vape-nut was indeed what I was referencing in the first post.

It's been very hot here lately, but my daughter told me that it was 115° in Fresno a couple of weeks ago. I used to wear full leathers riding in that heat. Glad I live in the Bay Area now, even if it's amongst theives. :/

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The heat sucks when it's humid. When living in az the humidity was low and so swamp coolers were a thing. Effectively using the idea of damp sheets over the airflow to cool things down, or rigging up a misting system. It was so hot it just evaporated but cooled you off. No point in misters when the humidity is 70-80%+. One of the best setups was in a house I used to live in with a large attic and high powered attic fan. There was a vent in the middle of the house to the attic, when that fan was turned on the air pressure was so intense it made the windows creak and hard to slide open. Had to open the windows first then kick it on. It would suck the front door nearly out of your hand when opening it and with the windows open it was like a nice 20mph breeze blowing in. Also helped the house was half buried so the earth kept it pretty cool.

That idea of using filters over the intake on a fan in the room may work out. The vape nut was a nice idea, just didn't pan out. Here's Phil's review of it, he covers it during the first 10min of the video (the rest goes onto other things).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We used fans when I was a kid before we got AC

Likewise -- and suffered ALL SUMMER LONG. The "dog days" were the worst, the humidity so thick, every piece of furniture felt slimy and greasy. When my mom and stepfather moved us to a *new* house in 1970, we HAD to get AC installed -- new houses in new subdivisions have ZERO trees, ZERO shade; that house became an oven. And getting AC was a real boon for my allergies too.

We're having that ungodly heat lately, and had a brief thundershower a little earlier; the humidity is so thick, the sliding glass doors look like the glass of a terrarium, all clouded up, since it's so cool and pleasant indoors. Really, really glad to be a vaper on days like this, so I don't have to go outdoors!

Andria

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I use a 20x20x4, Merv 13 furnace filter, duct taped to a 20" box fan.
Likewise -- and suffered ALL SUMMER LONG. The "dog days" were the worst, the humidity so thick, every piece of furniture felt slimy and greasy. When my mom and stepfather moved us to a *new* house in 1970, we HAD to get AC installed -- new houses in new subdivisions have ZERO trees, ZERO shade; that house became an oven. And getting AC was a real boon for my allergies too.

We're having that ungodly heat lately, and had a brief thundershower a little earlier; the humidity is so thick, the sliding glass doors look like the glass of a terrarium, all clouded up, since it's so cool and pleasant indoors. Really, really glad to be a vaper on days like this, so I don't have to go outdoors!

Andria
Sounds like my south haha. I'm actually on the front porch right now vaping since it's dark and cooled down to a chilly 84 lol

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You are trying to get rid of clouds. When I'm at work I'm constantly trying to vape out my guard shack lol. I have a window ac AND a box fan and all it does is to evenly distribute the cloud throughout the shack. I love it! I can get my nicotine via inhalation and also absorb it through my skin at the same time. That and I love to see people face when I open the door and clouds start rolling out.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha I just got a temporary job doing security. It's been 16 years since I worked in the field. Easy money ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like my south haha. I'm actually on the front porch right now vaping since it's dark and cooled down to a chilly 84 lol

Well, it's 20 minutes past midnight, and the temp says it's 78... and the humidity is 88%, so it "feels like" 83... at 20 mins past midnight. :facepalm: Really glad to have AC!!!!!!

Andria

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Haha I just got a temporary job doing security. It's been 16 years since I worked in the field. Easy money ;)

Well that honestly can all depend. My father is now a retired police officer and contracts with a few security companies. One of which facilitates security for Johnny Depp when he is at his NM home. I have some Johnny Depp made salad dressing in my fridge as we speak lol. He gets all the cush assignments... Like rodeos and football games. Me? I'm the "young guy" so I get all the jobs that are actually work all to often lol. Still though, chillin for 90% of the time is quite the way to pay the bills.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He and my cousin went to the same high school. Depp, not your dad :D

Here's a bit of fun.

upload_2017-7-23_0-56-53.png

And it's probably a bit cooler than some places. Sad.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I know the OP said opening a window isn't an option. But I've seen these "dual box fans" that go into a window, the left side blows air out and the right blows air in. I imagine it'll still be hot as balls but it should do a good job at circulating the air and vapor. I plan on getting one when we get a better place for my man cave/vape lair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'd take hot summers over 5 feet of snow in the winter any day... Maybe I'd sweat off these 30lbs I've never been able to get rid of..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The thing you seek instead of a smoke buddy is a ***head trick called a fluffer.
Take an empty shit ticket tube.
A pinch of dryer lint and rubber band a dryer sheet on the end.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried that yet. I used to smoke in the hospital bathroom doing that. I was there for several months so sue me. I wouldn't do that now, but I might vape in the bathroom.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cigarettes btw. Never liked being stoned.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone I know is using that method, currently, but has it stuffed with paper towels. Wish I'd known about something like that when I was in high school, LOL

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Dryer sheets > paper towels cause it also masks the smell. I used to literally just stuff the tp roll with dryer sheets. Ahh back when I was young, dumb, and full of.....

Nowadays, you ask the wife, she'd tell you I'm just full of shit. lol

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well shit. I solved the problem by getting a grave shift job. Fixed the plume problem, pretty much wrecking the rest of my life!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well shit. I solved the problem by getting a grave shift job. Fixed the plume problem, pretty much wrecking the rest of my life!

Yep, I'm a 2nd shifter and feel like I don't have time for anything. Shower, work, sleep and repeat.

Misfit47

Member For 4 Years
No way I'm opening my windows until fall! I'm in Marietta GA, not far from AndriaD. She is absolutely right about the heat and humidity. Looking very forward to running the attic fan this fall! Using an oscillating fan is a big help on keeping the fog down. Turning down the wattagedoes as well.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No way I'm opening my windows until fall! I'm in Marietta GA, not far from AndriaD. She is absolutely right about the heat and humidity. Looking very forward to running the attic fan this fall! Using an oscillating fan is a big help on keeping the fog down. Turning down the wattagedoes as well.

I wish we had an attic fan; we had one years ago at one of the houses we rented, but now it's just AC and ceiling fans -- our most recent electric bill was $206! :facepalm: Still, not quite as bad as last year for the same billing period; that one was $218. :facepalm: Hopefully the next bill will be more in the $150 neighborhood, with this slight cool-down we're having (and the humidity has eased off a lot too, isn't it wonderful?!?!?!).

The only time indoor vaping actually bothers me is if my son vapes at the table while I'm still eating. I always made a point of getting up and moving slightly away from the table, so as not to bother my husband with it, but my son has had to be schooled on that fine point of vaping etiquette -- it's great not to have to run outdoors, but we still need to make an effort not to bother others, even if the others are vapers themselves, particularly if those others are still eating their meal.

Andria

VU Sponsors