Become a Patron!

Inline ammeter?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inline volt meters for vape gear are easily found. Any reason why inline ammeters are not, or am I missing something? Seems like it would be very useful. What say you?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Because voltage and resistance are additive in series, the measurements that device provided wouldn't account for what was happening in the entire circuit so the calculations would only be close. Current being common in series means the current measured by an ammeter would be the current the entire circuit is feeling regardless of ammeter location and thus be a more accurate measurement. I'm not saying taking voltage and resistance readings and calculating the current won't get you close enough, I'm just kinda thinking out loud and wondering if an actual ammeter would be better or even worth the trouble. Seems like being able to accurately nail down what the actual current flow is would be useful. Maybe the added accuracy isn't necessary or maybe it would just be too expensive to do. I really don't know. Just something I've been wondering about. Thanks for the reply. I had not seen an inline meter like the one you linked.

VU Sponsors