Become a Patron!

Innokin Cool Fire II

Still a newb here but was thinking of upgrading to the Innokin Cool Fire II from an ego twist style battery found an awesome deal at only $39.95 is it worth it or should I go for a higher wattage?

The deal I found was here.
mfs_coolfire2_grenade_2c_1.jpg

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My 2¢

I think that mod attracts the wrong kind of attention. I was in the military, so a grenade mod back then might have caught my eye. But after doing 4 years of high level security work, I'd think twice about carrying around a vapor emitting device that looks like a grenade..

On the performance thing, I'd say this thing is a very weak option nowadays, especially for the money and all the more so for the possibly negative look. It really is only around for aesthetics. A 16350 700mah battery taking device for $40, when there is the VW iStick for $32 to $36. A device that has 2200mah, and more bells and whistles than the Cool Fire II. Or a Seven 35, which needs an 26650 battery, and a charger, but you can get into sub-ohming on a regulated device for $25 more. Or a Vamo, real similar to the Seven 35, but an 18650 battery and only $7 more.

Hope this helps, get the Cool Fire II if you want, but please check out your options!

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had thought about getting one, but I travel by plane a fair bit, and I had to think of that where I can take my mvp with me on th eplane, cant use it yet but still can take it with me, I am quite certain they may have issue with me trying to carry the CF2 on with me!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for me, I know a person who has one and it works (ok) for what it is, not sure I'd take it out as a on the go mod for obvious reasons, but hanging around home, hey if it floats your boat and all that. But when in doubt , I look at all options :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You might want to consider the eleaf 20 watt mod for more available power and upgraded features

Thinking that you might outgrow the Coolfire quickly.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought it looked amusing when it came out, but as far as features go you can do a lot better for the price...

Thanks everyone for the input. I guess I like the cool fire II because it's simple. Turn a dial for VW. Is there anything like that, or are all the 20+W mods screen and press buttons 5 times then press another one 8 times and then hold then release.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Steve it varies by device. The MVP2 is very simple to use. You set your watts and then a simple up or down for your volts. There is also the new iStick, the Vaporshark, the Vamo.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am thinking you might like the new Vamo V6. Very easy to use. Once you have it set to the VW function, the only buttons you need to push are power up or down and the big one to fire it. And since the Vamo V6 goes up to 20 watts and can hold either an 18350 or 18650 battery, it is quite versatile as well.

McDude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The site I go to first for deals posted a special for an Innokin Coolfire II Kit, $29.95! This is a deal of the day, limited time offer.

Innokin Coolfire II Kit

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll second UncleRJ on the Vamo - super easy device with plenty of features, plus a screen so that you can confirm the buttons are doing what you think they are. I've got a V2 and a V5, and if the V-whatever hits 50 watts by the time I need another variable device, I might just get another one - they're cheap and they work until they don't any more, and then you get a new one because they're cheap.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'll second UncleRJ on the Vamo - super easy device with plenty of features, plus a screen so that you can confirm the buttons are doing what you think they are. I've got a V2 and a V5, and if the V-whatever hits 50 watts by the time I need another variable device, I might just get another one - they're cheap and they work until they don't any more, and then you get a new one because they're cheap.

Sadly when it hits the 50 watt mark, it will still have a single 18650 battery.

Unless they supersize it and make it a 26650 device and then it will be too large to fit into my shirt pocket which is a non negotiable thing for me

VU Sponsors