Become a Patron!

Innokin iTaste MVP 20W Green Light Stays On... No Vapor...

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, I went out and got a Patriot RDA today so I can drip taste my various DIY concoctions on the fly. But when I attach it to the MVP, the green light stays on on the firing button. I mean, the green light will stay on for like 7 or 8 seconds. But no vapor. No sizzle. No nothing. Just the green light. I can use my Aspire ET-S (with a 510/eGo adapter) with no problems. I have tried all kinds of wattage/voltage combinations to no avail. The MVP says the coil resistance is 0.7 ohms.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
CC

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I'm not mistaken the MVP may only fire 1 ohm or above. I'm not 100% sure, will see if I can Google the actual specs.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Direct from innokins website. Unfortunately the min resistance is 1 ohm.
Technical Specifications:

Operating Voltage: 3.3V-7.5 V

Operating Wattage: 6.0W-.20W

Standby current: 100uA max

Maximum output Wattage: 20W

Maximum output Current:6A

Maximum output Voltage: 7.5V

Clearomizer Resistance: 1.0 Ohm (minimum)

Battery: Built-in 2600 mAh polymer Li-Ion rechargeable battery.

Charging: Micro USB DC5V/1000mA

OUTPUT port :DC5V /1000mA

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You brought my curiosity up with this one as I own an mvp2, a little research showed me that the resistance checker will read lower than it will actually fire. That doesn't make sense as it should give an error of some kind if it won't fire that coil, but there ya go. At least with the 20w innokin lists the min resistance it will fire in the specs, with the 2.0 for some reason they did not. I guess because when the 2.0 came out sub ohming was ancient Chinese legend.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, this was unexpected... Apparently, I can use the Patriot RDA with my ARO Winder VV Battery. Huh. I got the MVP mainly for it's mAh rating. So, problem solved! I can taste test my "in process" concoctions on the fly.

VU Sponsors