Become a Patron!

Innokin's new 50w "Disrupter"

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Innokin just published a press release of a new 50 watt mod. The battery pack can be changed out much like a cordless power tool.

The name "Disrupter" sounds like something a Chinese company would name something, but the mod looks pretty cool. They say end of July availability.

Disrupter.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like the look of the black and gold one, but I will pass with it using the Lipo battery.

Fi4RRV9.jpg

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like the look of the black and gold one, but I will pass with it using the Lipo battery.

I agree about lipo's in general, but if I were to trust anyone, it would be Innokin. They have been producing these mods from day 1, and probably sold more mvp's than all lipo battery mods put together. I've never heard of an innokin battery exploding, venting or having a problem with the charging system causing battery problems.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Glad to see innokin unlike provape is trying to keep up with things vapers want, even if a little slow to put out products. From what I saw in the video of their factory they quality control like crazy and test things thoroughly. At least they're thinking about users with replacement batteries even if it is a lipo pack.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Glad to see innokin unlike provape is trying to keep up with things vapers want, even if a little slow to put out products. From what I saw in the video of their factory they quality control like crazy and test things thoroughly. At least they're thinking about users with replacement batteries even if it is a lipo pack.

I agree, with all the devices coming out now that are failing I'm glad to see a company actually care about QC.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Looks like they are catching up now, with 3 new mods in the last few months, and one more coming. From what innokin_paul was saying, they design their own lipo packs too. Lets hope they maintain the QC, and not give in to market pressures to rush product to market

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had the new Cool Fire 4 for a couple of weeks. It's a solid little mod. I would definitely say it's the same quality standards as the mvp's I've had before. I just can't believe they are so BLATANTLY copying the Evic VT with those paint jobs though! LOL They were on the right track with the cool fire. What they should have done was made it just a tad bigger to be able to put in a higher mah lipo and it would totally have been a "disrupter". All this looks like to me is the new MVP with a paint job. Says nothing about being TC and if that's the case, it won't sell nearly as well as the Evic VT. Good ideas...not so great execution...just saying.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The charge port appears to be on the TOP of the battery. Ejuice infiltration in to the usb port. Pass!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the new Cool Fire 4 for a couple of weeks. It's a solid little mod. I would definitely say it's the same quality standards as the mvp's I've had before. I just can't believe they are so BLATANTLY copying the Evic VT with those paint jobs though! LOL They were on the right track with the cool fire. What they should have done was made it just a tad bigger to be able to put in a higher mah lipo and it would totally have been a "disrupter". All this looks like to me is the new MVP with a paint job. Says nothing about being TC and if that's the case, it won't sell nearly as well as the Evic VT. Good ideas...not so great execution...just saying.

At least Innokin hasn't (yet) produced an auto-firing pipe bomb like Joyetech/Eleaf has with the iStick50, and has a track record of decent customer service, vs a record like Joyetech/eleaf's "screw the customer first" policy.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My point was exactly that Innokin has been innovative (slower than we would like..but still innovative), and known for solid/quality devices. This disrupter with the rip off paint job seems to be "below them" IMO. Now say what you will about both Eleaf and Joytech, but even with less than stellar quality, the istick series was a COMPLETE game changer. I know people who own shops as well as online vendors who are telling me that the istick series is the new Ego as far as what people are buying for starter kits. I read somewhere that they have sold more isticks than all other mods COMBINED. Once they get the QC under control...that's a nice little share of the market. With regard to the VT, if you listen to some of the better respected reviewers in the community...no matter who you happen to like...Grimmgreen, Busardo, Twisted420 and even Rip...they are already liking the VT more for TC than any of the Evolv stuff. Forget the past, these companies are starting to step up their game and deliver the mass produced stuff that the community wants at sane prices. There will be growing pains as with any new technology you can think of. But it's definitely going in the right direction.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Except with the huge fail rate of the joyetech/eleaf-istick, the few house fire's, the numerous skin burns caused by these, and the total lack of any kind customer service, I personally don't trust that piece of shit company. They still, to this day, refuse to admit to any faults with those isticks. Getting QC under control? What, is joyetech going to wait for 200 people in an Airliner to die before they do anything? Fuck them.

Joyetech owns eleaf/ismoka, and share the same office suite in the US at 118 Technology drive, Irvine CA

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL..useless to argue with you. This is obviously personal and hits home with you. Totally understandable. I personally don't own any Joytech or Eleaf mods. I do own a couple of Eleaf tanks which perform flawlessly. I'm just basing my opinions on what I see and hear. My original point was that it was a shame that Innokin had to rely on trying to steal the look of the VT, when they could have done so much more with the Cool FIre 4....which I am totally enjoying even with it's limitations.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL..useless to argue with you. This is obviously personal and hits home with you. Totally understandable. I personally don't own any Joytech or Eleaf mods. I do own a couple of Eleaf tanks which perform flawlessly. I'm just basing my opinions on what I see and hear. My original point was that it was a shame that Innokin had to rely on trying to steal the look of the VT, when they could have done so much more with the Cool FIre 4....which I am totally enjoying even with it's limitations.
Yup, it's useless

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see the RESEMBLANCE to the vt paint job, but IMHO it ain't a racing stripe like the evic is. The batteries can be interchangeable and it's the different color batteries making the color difference. I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't really care for the look of the vt, especially the pictures I saw with the condom on it. Personal preference, I don't care for the color transition with the disruptor either. Thankfully people make sleeves and if it were me I'd just put a sleeve on it like all my other mods.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL..yeah man you're right. There's only a "resemblance". The fact that the picture with the black/red, white/tiffany blue, and racing orange and black are only the EXACT colors for the initial release of the VT's make it not the same at all because there's no stripe down the middle. I love Innokin products..just gonna pass on this mod....which is NOT the same color schemes at all. Thanks for setting me straight...LMAO

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Didn't look at it like that, the color schemes are pretty damn close. I'm not big on either one maybe that's why I didn't see it like that.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't look at it like that, the color schemes are pretty damn close. I'm not big on either one maybe that's why I didn't see it like that.
It really doesn't matter in the big picture Joshua. These chinese companies rip off each other all the time. Plus, the release of both is so close together, who knows who ripped off the color scheme from who.

VU Sponsors