Become a Patron!

input for best Vape to help quit smoking

Hey everyone, I've spent a lot of time googling around, looking for the right information and each time I've ended up with my head spinning from all the misinformation, advertizing and new trends, I'm hoping some of you here can help point myself and others who are a little unsure and overwhelmed in the right direction.

I called my local Vape shop but came away feeling like I was walking into a pet store with a new puppy and a credit card, asking what does it need lol it just wasn't going to end well

So my situation is not unlike others in that I smoke 3/4 of a pack a day and have been through the attempts at quitting grinder a dozen times, to no avail. I tried the E-pen's you can get from a local gas station, that afair lasted about 20 minutes. Local vape dealer recomended KANGERTECH-Subox-Mini-Starter-Kit-Subtank-Mini-50W. They advertize around $50 US on Ebay or the like, however I'm Canadian and the price they offered was taxes in, battery etc $150

What I don't want is to spend $150 and not know how what I'm getting stacks up against other brands but more importantly, I don't want to be turned off by it and it end up in a drawer within a week or have to rebuy or build a vape that is better suited to my needs."starter kit" doesn't exactly instill confidence lol

I don't vape Stop it, all the power to you but I'm just looking for an alternative to smoking and something to help me quit. Cigerettes give a burnt taste vs's say blueberry juice vs's cig brand juice so would I in any way want more than 50wts? to better replicate that taste 100-150 watt seems to be the "new thing" lol and while I think the pens are great, a full sized - mini vape is what I'm looking for, but what else do I need to know? Terms like mec and custom builds are thrown out with regularity... what fits a smokers needs vs's a **** vapers needs and those of a casual smoker vs's a heavy smoker? Is there a particular set up that you like or one you would recomend so others like myself can avoid any pitfalls and rip offs

I realize this is a lot of questions but the sheer volume of bad information out there is overwhelming. Thank you in advance for your time and replies

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The subbox is generally considered a good starter kit. Just be sure to find a juice you like with the right nic level (your local vape shop should be able to help with this)!

Don't worry about getting the 'ultimate' kit - you'll be upgrading as time goes on. After all, generally the first car people drive isn't a Mazerati :)

Call a vaping friend
VAPE ON

YOU are my Vaping friend lol I live in British Columbia - Canada where smoking **** in public, is much more socially exceptable then smoking cigs so I don't really know anybody that smokes as much as I do and or not ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/vaporjoes-international.54/
Tyger posts a lot of deals in that section.

I smoked a pack a day, sometimes more. I'm not a direct to lung vaper, I vape mouth to lung, like I smoked. Pen style batteries worked for me, but I did upgrade over time. I've used, and still use iStick 20w and 30w devices, iPV mini 30w, eVic VTC mini (LOVE) and a Koopor mini. Any of these are good for someone that doesn't want a LOT of power, though the last 2 will go fairly high.

Like Amanda mentioned, I hear really good things about the Subox kit.

@Huckleberried what did you remove?

VAPE ON
I removed the references to stuff we don't discuss here ;)

@Dioxin, you might wanna check the rules. There are some things we don't discuss here in open discussion. Thanks, and welcome to the forum.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Two moderators have edited these posts TWICE. If we have to keep editing your changes, points will be involved. With enough points, bans happen. Just chill and enjoy the forum, please.

Thanks.

Hey hero, I didn't realize the mere mention of a plant that's legal in 22 states and in other countries was such a violation of terms, conditions and common sense that you couldn't just message me directly, considering I didn't edit the word after you pointed it out. I assumed it was an auto edit. Stay Classy!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We're certainly off to do a good start here. I've directed you to the rules. I think they're pretty short and clear cut. These rules aren't set by the 22 states that allow the use, these rules are set by the forum owner. Vaping is already under the watchful eye, we're trying to protect it to the best of our abilities.
Just follow the rules. It's that simple.

If I knew at what part on the yellow brick road you got lost on, it would be easier to send out a search team but I can't help you if you're unable to read time stamps that clearly indicate that I did not edit the word after you pointed out, it was frowned upon. So you're just going to have to figure this one out on your own Skippy. Safe travels.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Really, we can do this like happy people or we can go dumb ass on you.

reeta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone, I've spent a lot of time googling around, looking for the right information and each time I've ended up with my head spinning from all the misinformation, advertizing and new trends, I'm hoping some of you here can help point myself and others who are a little unsure and overwhelmed in the right direction.

I called my local Vape shop but came away feeling like I was walking into a pet store with a new puppy and a credit card, asking what does it need lol it just wasn't going to end well

So my situation is not unlike others in that I smoke 3/4 of a pack a day and have been through the attempts at quitting grinder a dozen times, to no avail. I tried the E-pen's you can get from a local gas station, that afair lasted about 20 minutes. Local vape dealer recomended KANGERTECH-Subox-Mini-Starter-Kit-Subtank-Mini-50W. They advertize around $50 US on Ebay or the like, however I'm Canadian and the price they offered was taxes in, battery etc $150

What I don't want is to spend $150 and not know how what I'm getting stacks up against other brands but more importantly, I don't want to be turned off by it and it end up in a drawer within a week or have to rebuy or build a vape that is better suited to my needs."starter kit" doesn't exactly instill confidence lol

I don't vape Stop it, all the power to you but I'm just looking for an alternative to smoking and something to help me quit. Cigerettes give a burnt taste vs's say blueberry juice vs's cig brand juice so would I in any way want more than 50wts? to better replicate that taste 100-150 watt seems to be the "new thing" lol and while I think the pens are great, a full sized - mini vape is what I'm looking for, but what else do I need to know? Terms like mec and custom builds are thrown out with regularity... what fits a smokers needs vs's a **** vapers needs and those of a casual smoker vs's a heavy smoker? Is there a particular set up that you like or one you would recomend so others like myself can avoid any pitfalls and rip offs

I realize this is a lot of questions but the sheer volume of bad information out there is overwhelming. Thank you in advance for your time and replies

reeta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I was a 3 pack a day smoker and I quit 8 months ago using Blu, which I guess is a rare thing. I decided to upgrade first of the year. From searching on the internet, I got the VaporFi Vice, just got it in the mail today! I'm very happy with it so far and I love the e-liquids I ordered. Wasn't too hard for me to figure out how to use it, but I'm still learning. With Blu all I had to do was screw a tank onto a battery

That's great Reeta, really impressive you were able to quit like that. You hear those stories in sponsored blogs but always unsure of the validity of them, thanks for sharing.

Glad there were at least a few smiles without making Huck feel too awkward, like when you leave a store without buying anything and all you can think is "act natural, you're innocent"

VU Sponsors