Become a Patron!

Interested in making my own juice.

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
I've been thinking about it for a while now just haven't started due to lack of knowledge. I once posted on a Facebook group but never got any solid answers. Where do I buy the VG and PG? I'm not gonna mess with nicotine right away I'll probably end up doing it but not at first unless I just don't like it without nicotine. A while back I made an Amazon wishlist with everything I'd need gonna put the link to it let me know if I really need all of it. (The label maker I want so I can label my bottles) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/?ie=UTF8&lid=HFM4TJ6TDA6M
I read something online and it told me I need that stuff. If anyone knows of a cheaper place or better stuff let me know! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG and VG you can really get anywhere that sells flavorings.

Some popular distributors:
Nicotine River
Bull City Flavors
E Cig Express
Myfreedomsmokes

Flavorings end up being the most expensive part of diy. So choose wisely. Don't go willy nilly and just order flavors that "sound good". They all sound good. Some suck. And suck hard. I am a firm believer in FlavourArt. Some have disappointed, but the vast majority of their flavors are awesome. Plus diketone free. And super concentrated. More expensive per unit, but cheaper in the long run cuz you use way less.

Highly recommend measuring by weight rather than syringes and drops. Literally not one negative to weighing. Cleaner, easier, faster, more accurate.

Syringes need cleaning every flavor change, eventually stick, and are less accurate. Plus much slower and more tedious to use. Trust me. You will thank me for talking you out of syringes.

I just use maskingtape, sharpie, and scotch tape to label.

Last edited:

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go online and find recipes that are highly rated and appeal to you. And order those flavors for your first order.

I think 15-20 flavors is a decent start.

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
Go online and find recipes that are highly rated and appeal to you. And order those flavors for your first order.

I think 15-20 flavors is a decent start.

So how much do you think I'd be looking to spend on 15-20 flavors? Now when you say 15-20 flavors are you talking like apple, banana, strawberry or like 15-20 mixes?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So how much do you think I'd be looking to spend on 15-20 flavors? Now when you say 15-20 flavors are you talking like apple, banana, strawberry or like 15-20 mixes?

15-20 flavor concentrates.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Like others have said, find a few recipes that sound good to you and have good reviews and just order the flavors to mix those. We have tons of good ones here as well as http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ and https://alltheflavors.com/

Use Amazon for your PG/VG from Essential Depot and the scale in this thread: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/guide-to-mixing-by-weight.22891/ mixing by weight saves time and hassle.

Here are some discount codes for flavor shops:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/ code is UNDERGROUND10 for 10% off and is not case sensitive
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/ code is VU6 for 6% off

For costs 10 ml bottles of flavor concentrates run $2-$3, don't buy the big bottles until you know what you like and use a lot of. That 30 ml bottle of juice you're buying now that costs $20 will cost $1 or less for ingredients.

If you have questions, ask away, we'll be here to help. Check out the tips and tricks sub-forum as well as the tutorial sub-forum, lots of good info over there.

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started diy about 2 months ago. It's easier to do then most people think, with the proper reasearch beforehand. The things to keep in mind before starting are safety (especially when using nicotine), cleanliness (before, during, and after mixing), and storage (where and how to store your supplies, nicotine (if used), and finished product.

I started out using the weight method for mixing. I find it easier and less expensive, because fewer supplies are needed. I can mix directly into the glass bottles I use to fill my e-cig. If you use plastic bottles instead of glass, I recommend getting a funnel because of the smaller opening. Personally, I only use one syringe and that is for adding nicotine to my mix.

I've gotten my supplies from nicotine river and bull city flavors. Others may have different recommendations. I do recommend trying to get everything from one supplier to save on shipping costs. Also, some suppliers offer free shipping after you reach a certain price point.

As far as which flavors to get, I agree with what others have said, find a few recipes online with great reviews that appeal to you. Order the flavors needed to make those recipes. Make sure to use the same brand and flavor that the creator used. Otherwise, you will not get the same results. Taste is subjective, so start with buying 10ml bottles of flavorings. Once you discover which flavors/recipes you prefer and use a lot of, then buy larger quantities of those flavors.

Always label your finished product. You can use a label maker, or tape and a sharpie. It depends on how much you're willing to spend. Also, you'll want a notebook to write down recipes and your notes/opinions about the recipe. (Is it perfect the way it is, or is it missing something? Could a small tweek in percentages make it taste better to you?) Mix small batches to start with. If you love it, you can always mix up a larger batch. Taste is subjective.

I love diy! There is a bit of a learning curve, however, using proven recipies will help get you started. Also, some flavors are good as singles. Just be patient as you learn and enjoy the journey. It's great to be able to customize your e-juice to your personal tastes!

VU Sponsors