Become a Patron!

Interested in RBA

redneckwb4l

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am still fairly new to vaping but I love it and want to delve deeper. I know I am not looking to drip I work with my hands and for me to vape on the go i need something with a tank but i like the thought of customizing an what not. My question is where can I go to read info on how to build and use RBA? I want to research it extensively and understand what I'll be working with. I don't want to read ad hype i want the nuts and bolts of you will. Any help would be appreciated.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out the Rebuilders Corner subforums right here - or do a little digging, find a couple RBAs that interest you in particular, and run a search - there are threads discussing favorite build techniques for most of the popular devices floating around somewhere on VU...

redneckwb4l

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man, this is kind of overwhelming. So much info it's crazy

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd start off with an inexpensive RDA like an IGO W to make sure you like it before committing some more cash to the obsession...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I would strongly suggest the RBA that I started out with (and still love and use) the Kayfun Lite Plus.

Extremely easy to build and dependable.

These days, you can find great clones at beyond reasonable prices.

If you would like some one on one help, please feel free to send me a PM and we can get the ball rolling on the next step of your vaping journey!

BTW, this is a way of me paying back the folks that helped me learn to build:D

redneckwb4l

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what is the difference between the tank on my ego. Twist clone and the rebuildable

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great offer from @UncleRJ, but @Zamazam also has a point - a cheap, simple RDA to use at home when not at work might be easier to give building a try (bigger, more forgiving build deck being the primary reason) to find out if you like it enough to jump into tanked RBAs...

redneckwb4l

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know about the whole dripping thing, putting fluid on th coils every time you use it seems a lil...inconvenient, i like to fill the tank in the am and have no worries. It will probably be a few months before I get down to building. I like to research the crap out of something before i do it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's quite a big difference - more pieces to take apart, tinker with, and make sure they're put back together properly and functioning. Downside: lots of tinkering, filling is a little more difficult. Upside: a much better quality vape, and eventually a cost savings (a $5 spool of wire and $2 bag of cotton = hundreds of disposable coil heads at $1+ each)...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about the whole dripping thing, putting fluid on th coils every time you use it seems a lil...inconvenient, i like to fill the tank in the am and have no worries. It will probably be a few months before I get down to building. I like to research the crap out of something before i do it.
The difference is flavor and vapor. An RDA when properly coiled and wicked produces superb flavor compared to a tank. The sub-tanks have gotten really great with flavor over the past year, but nothing beats the flavor of an RDA in my mind.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what is the difference between the tank on my ego. Twist clone and the rebuildable
The tank on your Ego uses small repaceable coils and does not offer a whole lot of vapor, the twist clone is a battery of course. The big difference is that a rebuildable dripper is just that, you build the internals (coil and wicking) and drip a bit of eliquid on the coils and cotton, better vapor and flavor. If you are looking at using an RDA or a sub-tank, you will need a device that can power them. Ego's and Twist batteries don't have the oompf to power drippers or sub-tanks. A good option is the Kanger K-box, or the iStick 50 watt. The iStick is nice because you charge the battery in the mod itself with a usb cable. PM me if you need some more info or help.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im a butcher so im pretty hands on and i use dripping atomizers exclusively. You can get a few rips per drip so its not really that inconvenient plus like zamazam said flavor is without equal.

redneckwb4l

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, i am a diesel mechanic so you get it hands covered in stuff you dont want in your mouth lol. MUCH LIKE YOU! That said i just wanna hit it at work without having to fuzz with carrying anything but my device. I may drip at home in the future.

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I print for a living so I know all abt dirty hands and u can't beat the Kbox with the Kanger sub tank plus it's my adv device and I drip at home when I'm just sitting around doing nothing...sub tank has rba head that is very on the small side but for simple coil builds ( no parallel twisted clampton micro coil type of thing) it's not only fun but fairly easy and has great flavor all day not a cloud chaser by any means but I hit my sweet spot wit a .8ohm build with 26gage kanthal and Vape at 13w with my my blueberry muffin juice I love it.. hope that helps a little

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Btw less than 70$ delivered from myfreedomsmokes.com

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One of the biggest differences is that you can easily swap the wick and dry burn the coil rather than swap out the head.
The flavor is much better and you have more freedom to do builds and get a differs a performance down the road.
Not to step on anyone's toes especially after uncleRj made that highly generous offer, but I tend to suggest the subtank mini by kanger as a first rba over the kayfun lite nowadays.
You can build on the deck as you want then if the build is giving you issues, pop in the head and roll. Plus the deck comes out without having to empty tank.
I've found it a better option for new builders.
If not the manger than the joytech delta II.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The difference is flavor and vapor. An RDA when properly coiled and wicked produces superb flavor compared to a tank. The sub-tanks have gotten really great with flavor over the past year, but nothing beats the flavor of an RDA in my mind.
except for gennys which give far better flavor than any dripper.and give you a tank.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're into flavor get a genisis atomizer it will give you the best flavor of any atomizer and a tank....if you're into clouds there are tons of RTAa that will let you blow clouds.....youde makes the Goblin wich will let you blow clouds and it's real cheap.for a beginner.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
...that thing is a piece of crap.
Well, you suggested a genny to the OP, then said to use Google, I figured at least it was a place to start.
Since you know about them, why not make a good suggestion for him and be helpful rather than critical.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Must be from ECF>

To the OP, since genny's were brought up. Everyone I looked at, I was warned about leaking, I have never used one; but, i'll try to be non-douchebaggy. They have been known by many to leak, I keep my mods on their side so that's a total deal breaker for me. However, they do provide for a great vape.

That's the extend of what I know. Perhaps someone else, can give a non-douchebagish response.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did but thanks...
if you don't vape tank crackers...that is juice that has citrus or banana flavoring you may want to give a look to the origen geinis v2 clone it's tank is a composite not pyrex...it looks simple and it has alot of options to play around with ,and it has a reputations of having great flavor....or if it doesn't appeal try the nextgen clone, or the in'ax clone.
in some regards the latter two could be easir to build on, but are unconventional....either way be prepared to give yourself time learning how to build on them,but it's worth the learning curve.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Must be from ECF>

To the OP, since genny's were brought up. Everyone I looked at, I was warned about leaking, I have never used one; but, i'll try to be non-douchebaggy. They have been known by many to leak, I keep my mods on their side so that's a total deal breaker for me. However, they do provide for a great vape.

That's the extend of what I know. Perhaps someone else, can give a non-douchebagish response.
get a sense of humor it's just a f**king hobby not a religon.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a sense of humor I just don't find non-helpful people or douchebag responses funny

Nice to see you figure out how to help people

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why would you want to help me fuck myself?
I'm flattered by the offer, just not really my thing.

I'm sorry that this is what you need to do in life to get some excitement

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no your thing is.... running around like the fun police or an old spinster monitoring grown adults and dispensing, and obssessing on your idotic sense of social propiety that is peculiar to you and a few amish quilt makers.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the thought, but I worship Satan. hope it pointed you in the right direction...the reason I objected to the RSST is that it has a huge chamber and lousy flavor...unfortunately lazy builders and incompetents like it because it has an insulated wick hole and lots of room...but you sacrifice flavor.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
140hxqc.jpg

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SoZ to break up the fun and all that but how about the lemo drop. I drip alot and have 10 rdas but since I got the lemo about 2 weeks ago that's what I've been using mainly great flavour and decent vapour took me a while to figure out the wicking but now use 80vg 20 pg juice and never a dry hit I love it and I like it more than my kayfun v4 which I really like too even though I had to drill out the airflow and it's not a clone I was close to tears but lung hits are now possible on it but it's took a back shelf now I got the drop on my sigelei 100 w plus my fave set up. I'm gabblin on now sorry.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
SoZ to break up the fun and all that but how about the lemo drop. I drip alot and have 10 rdas but since I got the lemo about 2 weeks ago that's what I've been using mainly great flavour and decent vapour took me a while to figure out the wicking but now use 80vg 20 pg juice and never a dry hit I love it and I like it more than my kayfun v4 which I really like too even though I had to drill out the airflow and it's not a clone I was close to tears but lung hits are now possible on it but it's took a back shelf now I got the drop on my sigelei 100 w plus my fave set up. I'm gabblin on now sorry.

Yep, the Lemo Drop is a great contender as well. So many ideas, so little $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

whitepony1986

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you have a few options the kayfun, orchid billow, the goblin then you have all the subtanks the kanger subtank comes with a rebuildable deck. However i found the kayfuns air flow to be utter crap but ymmv

redneckwb4l

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HOLY COW!! WOW that's s lot to take in. Ok the kayfun looks cool will have to check out the other stuff. I do like the istick 50w as a battery option though

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you know it's kind of a pity that the younger generation of vapers can go immediately to these really banging ass attys and tanks right out of the gate,and not have to deal with the IGO s and the AGA-Ts and the rsst and all the other clunky crap that came before......that stuff was so unforgiving it forced you to polish your coil building and wick building and coil placement skills.....now especially with all these regulated mods building isn't as important as it used to be.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Isn't the iStick one of the ones that people have been having trouble with (going boom, overcharging, etc)? Or am I mistaken?

@OP - there's a lot of info to take in when you first start getting into rebuildables (how to wrap a coil and wick it, what materials to use, etc), but once you do, you'll be asking yourself why you didn't do it sooner. :) Then, the next adventure is making your own eliquid (if you're not doing that already). :)

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@redneckwb4l, from reading the above and thinking I know kind of the next step up you're looking to take, if I was you, I'd get a Sigelei Mini 30 watt box mod and a Kanger Subtank mini, and I think you'd be thrilled. It'll take you a huge step up from where you're at, and they both work very well. Plus, you'll have the RBA head with the Subtank, that you can tinker with to see what thats all about. It comes with two prebuilt coils and cotton for the RBA deck, so you can play with that without buying anything else, except a battery for the Sigi of course. I would not recommend the iStick 50 due to their problems, maybe the 30, but not the 50. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
except for gennys which give far better flavor than any dripper.and give you a tank.
Yes and no. Some flavors are not Genny friendly, but the same can be said about RDA's. I still use my Zen Genny and a Saturn.

VU Sponsors