iOS 8 update on iPhone 5c no longer lets me upload pics on VU

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ever since the update, it no longer allows me to upload a file to a post that I make. I'll tap the 'upload a file' button, I get the pop up that says 'choose file' but it won't let me select it. has anyone else ran into this same problem? it wouldn't be a big deal but my iPhone is the only means that I currently have for getting on the Internet.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its a known bug that they are working on fixing...sorry my man.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ever since the update, it no longer allows me to upload a file to a post that I make. I'll tap the 'upload a file' button, I get the pop up that says 'choose file' but it won't let me select it. has anyone else ran into this same problem? it wouldn't be a big deal but my iPhone is the only means that I currently have for getting on the Internet.
I have the 5s I have seen all kinds of issues with IOS8 let me try now

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
fuck! is there any other way to post photos on here aside from the button below?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can copy the image url, then use the old fashioned way, [img ] pastedaddress [/img ] but delete the spaces in the bracketed area.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
fuck! is there any other way to post photos on here aside from the button below?
use one of the photo sites photobucket whatever and copy the link and do as @Celtic Fog said above :)
I have this crazy prob with the iphone iso8 upgrade everytime I go to make a call it turns on the speaker phone and if you turn it off its soft as a mouse whisper hahaha nutz

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well they released another update last night and it still didn't fix the problem with uploading photos. grrrrrr

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how did you do it? did you host the photo then place the url here?

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just hit the plus button on the reply bar and hit the photo icon and it accessed my photos and I uploaded... Did u update to the newest version of ios8

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image.jpg Found a workaround! I installed Chrome on my iPhone and the upload feature works like normal! Tested it out with a photo of my freshly patina'd copper 4nine :]

VU Sponsors