Become a Patron!

Ipv mini 2 - volts?

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys - first post here!

So I'm not new to vaping but I do have a question about my IPV which is one of the mods I usually have in my rotation. Is there any way to increase the voltage output of my IPV? I am vaping at higher wattages lately but even topped out I can only get 5.0 volts output with my builds lately....

Is there anything I can do!? Thanks guys!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the limitation of how many amps the unit can put out. What Ohm's are you building?

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's the limitation of how many amps the unit can put out. What Ohm's are you building?
I've built all over the board. But I've started paying attention to it and built .22 and .35 builds

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh and its an IPV mini 2 so I can run the 22

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last edited:

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I believe this is the board in those mini 2 http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V2-50W-New-Vapor-Chip-270815.html
your battery may not be sufficient enough.
take your battery out hold the fire button down and re insert your battery and see what software you are running
I see that, thank you. However I've got sufficient batteries. What are required for a regulated mod in a battery? I've got 25r's, efest's, mxjo's, and even a couple legit VTC5.. Of course the Samsung's and e fest have the biggest amp potential

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see that, thank you. However I've got sufficient batteries. What are required for a regulated mod in a battery? I've got 25r's, efest's, mxjo's, and even a couple legit VTC5.. Of course the Samsung's and e fest have the biggest amp potential
vtc5 if it's a real one would have the best continous amp rating, you can check the qr code on the wrap if they aren't different from your other vtc5 then they are fakes, sammie 25r are awesome batteries. efest & mxjo are ok ,but keep in mind they are just rewrapped oem cells with overly bloated spec's, amp ratings.
If you check that link to yihi site you will see the required input amp rating however I believe it may be higher then whats listed there as yours is the v3 of the software

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
vtc5 if it's a real one would have the best continous amp rating, you can check the qr code on the wrap if they aren't different from your other vtc5 then they are fakes, sammie 25r are awesome batteries. efest & mxjo are ok ,but keep in mind they are just rewrapped oem cells with overly bloated spec's, amp ratings.
If you check that link to yihi site you will see the required input amp rating however I believe it may be higher then whats listed there as yours is the v3 of the software
Thank you. I've used the Mx the longest. I have had output near 7 previously but it seems now that I want it I can't get there....

Is the battery the only thing that affects voltage output? Is there anything else I could do to increase it?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you. I've used the Mx the longest. I have had output near 7 previously but it seems now that I want it I can't get there....

Is the battery the only thing that affects voltage output? Is there anything else I could do to increase it?

it is not the chip your build the topper, eg many factors to take into account. but if your battery isn't able to provide the required specs for the chip & build it will do it's best to fire the way you want it safely, do check your battery sag when you fire toppers may help give you a indication of whats going on with the battery.
The chip is designed to regulates the setttings the best it can . The required input current for that mod is 20.0 A however the max ouput is 16.00 amps.
However I think those specs may be off as you have the v3 of the SX330 chipset.
here's how the v2 chip preforms.

watch the section where he puts it on the scope and test's the mods regulation. your mini 2 will perform very similiar.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your Mini 2 has the V3C I believe, definitely 70 watts. I have one too, though, don't have the issues you're experiencing. But, no matter the chip, it is only capable of doing what the specs read, so you might be asking too much of it. I know when I run a .45 dual at 45 watts, which is about what a mech at a full charge outputs at that resistance, a battery will drain really fast. I think a dual battery mod is much more appropriate for a .22 build, regardless of the Mini 2's ability to fire it. According to Steam Engine, and thus ohms law, 5 volts at a full 4.2v charge on a mech, disregarding voltage drop, would push 113.64 watts, and need a draw of 22.73 amps. That's beyond the capabilities of the chip. Also, based on my iPV3, 4, and Mini 2, despite being solely able to output 7.0 volts, the screen will read to 8.4, you just won't be actually getting any power beyond the 7 volts.

I'm still getting acquainted with the world, thanks to coffee and oatmeal, so if I missed on something, my bad.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Both of you guys had information that helped me. Thank you to both. I'm looking into my next mod. Definitely has to be a parallel battery (2) 18650s.. Regulated vs unreg... Idk. Might be making up my own box. Unregulated! I'll keep you guys updated! Thanks all!

VU Sponsors