Become a Patron!

IPV2 MINI killed my poor 25r

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So my wife quit vaping and she's off the analogs and everything. Thank you, vaping, for stopping that. However, the IPV2 MINI she used sat on a shelf for about a month with a 25r inside. I just got it out and threw it on my nite core d4, and it originally identified the battery as a NiCd/NiMH battery with 1.02v and said it was fully charged at 1.68v. I removed and replaced the battery into the same bay of the charger, and it properly identified it as a Li-ion battery, and seems like it's charging extremely fast, in 4 minutes it has gone from 1.2v to 2.92v. Is it safe to say the battery suicided? It's charging at 375mA and is not even warm let alone hot or anything.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure about the Nitecore D2 charger, but my Xtar VC4 charger has saved a couple of very dead (over-discharged) 18650s and they're completely fine. If it charges the batteries I would use them. Keep track of how they work after the charge. Incidentally, my batteries were drained by an IPV Mini but it was the version 1.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I let it sit on charge overnight since the battery wasn't getting hot or giving me any other potential signs of venting, and it's showing on the charger as Full now with 4.20v after charging for 7hr 27m lol

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I let it sit on charge overnight since the battery wasn't getting hot or giving me any other potential signs of venting, and it's showing on the charger as Full now with 4.20v after charging for 7hr 27m lol

Over discharging will shorten the overall life of the battery a little but it generally doesn't ruin them. Vape on.

VU Sponsors