Become a Patron!

IPV2s

scarlet in plume

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got my IPV2s and Atlantis yesterday and I. Am. LOVING IT!

Before this, I had the istick 20w which is a great little mod in my opinion, with a dripper.

I wanted more power and a tank that could give me a decent and satisfying vape so this is the combo I went with.

The IPV2s has PLENTY of power for my needs and works really well. I love the memory settings for switching tanks and rda's. The mod is really responsive too and the fire button doesn't rattle around too much so far. All the buttons are really nice and clicky.

The only cons so far that I've found is that my 510 connection seems to be juuuuuust a little off kilter and my screen seems like it's scratched already.
Maybe the plastic they use is too soft? I know theres a little peely bob on the logo, but is there also one on the screen? Perhaps that's all it is? I scraped at it a little but then figured I may be messing it up worse.

Anywho, so far I'm really stoked with this new mod. I doubt I'll do the upgrade because even 60w seems like too much right now. Of course, I don't doubt I'll eat those words in a few months.
c433e571f511a7ef49bceedb24a43244.jpg
[/IMG]

FloridaSam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are 2 layers of protective plastic on the screen. Make sure both are peeled off. That might be what's scratched.

Woody_

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My 510 is a bit off kilter as well, not a big deal. The IPV 2S and Atlantis are a great combo. I did the upgrade "just because", took all of 10 seconds once you click the upgrade button. Enjoy your new setup!

scarlet in plume

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are 2 layers of protective plastic on the screen. Make sure both are peeled off. That might be what's scratched.
Yay! That is soooooo much nicer without the scratches on the screen. It's even brighter and more clear too. Wooohoooo!

I'm several days in with it now and I'm loving it. I went back to the stinkies after a day in the hospital, but I was doing really well before that and am phasing them out again.

I just ordered 24awg kanthol and japanese organic cotton, and the mutation x v2 clone by tobeco and I'm looking forward to playing around with different coils on this box with that rda.
I'll probably keep a 1ish ohm build on the atty v2.5 because I still get a nice warm, thickish vape at 40 watts with decent wicking.

I think I'm officially hooked on the geeky side of vaping. :D

Flavorjunkie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How is your ipv2s working after a couple weeks? I am planning on getting the ipv2s or sigelei 100 watt plus

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My ipv2 is giving me issues started a few days ago. It will just stop working and all kinds of weird stuff. I got it back the end September. Still, for $110 I would figure it would last longer

scarlet in plume

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine is pretty damn nice. The only drawback I'm seeing so far is the non magnetic doors which is just me being picky, and the inevitable low use time at higher wattages before switching out the battery.

I did the upgrade with minimal hassel and that seems to work as advertized. When it kicks, it kicks nice at 70watts.

Perhaps the issue you're having (lamme) is that your battery too low to produce the desired wattage? I have had that happen at higher wattages.

If you're looking for something that will last a while (battery wise) and want to vape at high wattages, I'd imagine the dual 18650s utilized by the sigelei would last longer without needing to be charged or swapped out.

When I was vaping at lower wattages (around 30-45) the battery seemed to do way better. This was with the atlantis and a crappy ol 1.1 ohm coil. Right now I'm using a .3 ohm dual coil build in one dripper and a .7 ohm single coil build in another. Obviously vapin her hot and sucking up that battery juice along with my ejuice.

Anywho, yea. I'm loving it. But also considering getting the 100plus as well. Of course I'm kind of already hella addicted the hobby and collecting side of vaping so it's really just because I love new toys and I want to see how the battery is on that mod. Plus magnetic doors. Woot!

I hope that helps? Clear as mud right?

Flavorjunkie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I will order the ipv2s, I only use my kanger subtank mini. So I'll be running it around 30 watts the majority of the time.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the upgraded ipv2. Similar to ipv2s the floating 510, better/ cleaner inside & a ribbon for battery removal. Even came with ipv2s card inside saying not to try to self adjust 510. Just doesnt have bb buttons,upgrades or memory, & 50 w. Im lovin it. Paid 100, then shortly after seen ipv2s for 110 ( canadian $). im just using a nautilus bvc atm around 13 w. Get bout 2 days. I've got a tugboat v2 tobecco clone comin soon for my 1st rba. How long you getting with rda sub ohming? Im using a 2500 mah efest 35A

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine is pretty damn nice. The only drawback I'm seeing so far is the non magnetic doors which is just me being picky, and the inevitable low use time at higher wattages before switching out the battery.

I did the upgrade with minimal hassel and that seems to work as advertized. When it kicks, it kicks nice at 70watts.

Perhaps the issue you're having (lamme) is that your battery too low to produce the desired wattage? I have had that happen at higher wattages.

If you're looking for something that will last a while (battery wise) and want to vape at high wattages, I'd imagine the dual 18650s utilized by the sigelei would last longer without needing to be charged or swapped out.

When I was vaping at lower wattages (around 30-45) the battery seemed to do way better. This was with the atlantis and a crappy ol 1.1 ohm coil. Right now I'm using a .3 ohm dual coil build in one dripper and a .7 ohm single coil build in another. Obviously vapin her hot and sucking up that battery juice along with my ejuice.

Anywho, yea. I'm loving it. But also considering getting the 100plus as well. Of course I'm kind of already hella addicted the hobby and collecting side of vaping so it's really just because I love new toys and I want to see how the battery is on that mod. Plus magnetic doors. Woot!

I hope that helps? Clear as mud right?

I thought that about the battery, but it is screwing up even at low wattages. I have even dropped it down to 15w. I have tried several batteries and it's doing the same thing. I think it has seen its day. I am ordering a S&P box mech next week. I think with my RDA it will be great. Now I just need to pick something up to run my sub tank on. I may wait to see how those new innokin 30w turn out. Or maybe a Istick 50w.

scarlet in plume

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my 20w istick so I'm sure the 50 will be great. I don't really like they way they look though.

Reactions: Jah

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not really using 70W on my IPV2S but i couldn't resist doing the upgrade:)

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought that about the battery, but it is screwing up even at low wattages. I have even dropped it down to 15w. I have tried several batteries and it's doing the same thing. I think it has seen its day. I am ordering a S&P box mech next week. I think with my RDA it will be great. Now I just need to pick something up to run my sub tank on. I may wait to see how those new innokin 30w turn out. Or maybe a Istick 50w.
It has a 6 month or 12 month warrany depending on when you bought it. It costs you shipping an a $9 fee to get it fixed. Check it out. I think most people end up getting sent new ones.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my 20w istick so I'm sure the 50 will be great. I don't really like they way they look though.
Im with you on this, I bought my SO an Istick 20 to replace my old mvp for her with a naut mini. The thing works great, but is slippery as hell and im not a fan of the chrome top/bottom and the rattly buttons. Im still looking at the Istick 50 to replace my IPV2, the size of it and the fact it doesnt have a removable battery, but rather a 4400 mah built in is a plus when it comes to using it as a take to work mod with my subtank or delta on top

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my IPV2s and Atlantis yesterday and I. Am. LOVING IT!

Before this, I had the istick 20w which is a great little mod in my opinion, with a dripper.

I wanted more power and a tank that could give me a decent and satisfying vape so this is the combo I went with.

The IPV2s has PLENTY of power for my needs and works really well. I love the memory settings for switching tanks and rda's. The mod is really responsive too and the fire button doesn't rattle around too much so far. All the buttons are really nice and clicky.

The only cons so far that I've found is that my 510 connection seems to be juuuuuust a little off kilter and my screen seems like it's scratched already.
Maybe the plastic they use is too soft? I know theres a little peely bob on the logo, but is there also one on the screen? Perhaps that's all it is? I scraped at it a little but then figured I may be messing it up worse.

Anywho, so far I'm really stoked with this new mod. I doubt I'll do the upgrade because even 60w seems like too much right now. Of course, I don't doubt I'll eat those words in a few months.
c433e571f511a7ef49bceedb24a43244.jpg
[/IMG]
Just un-boxed a V2, today...yah, everything on mine's 'foreskinned'...the touch sensor was useless, 'till I scraped it off.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The touch sensor works fine, it's just in a strange location.
As hard as i try i can't make myself put my hand there, so it's off now.

scarlet in plume

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine is off too. I think it somehow boosts wattage or voltage higher through that than the regular fire button too. I always notice way more umph in my hits if I'm using it.

VU Sponsors