Become a Patron!

IPV3/Dark Horse build question

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm debating what build is best dripping using the DarK Horse on my IPV3..Some say higher ohms, and some say sub ohms..Currently I'm using dual parallel 26g with 7wraps on a 3mm bit at .3 ohms..that's 14 wraps of single wire covering a fair amount of cotton..It produces thick clouds at 80-85w (5.2v)..but I'm told that a higher ohm build around .5 ohm would be better but cover only about half the cotton the parallel build covers..and if course the more cotton is covered the more the liquid is vaped..so I'm asking what you'd might think before I start rebuilding.thx
6cd38fe6f237e872ad09a9059a325be2.jpg

Last edited:

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using a god mod and I have a dual 26 gauge build ohming out at .84 and at 80 watts I'm getting 8.2 volts with no rap up time and huge flavorful clouds

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I should say that it is 14 wraps per coil so that might be why I get great flavor

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should say that it is 14 wraps per coil so that might be why I get great flavor
Thx..but is that 14 wraps of parallel wire in there? That would be 28 wraps of single wire..I don't think I could fit that long a coil in my 22mm RDA and still have room for cotton..don't have enough 26g on hand to try right now anyway..but thanks for the reply...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's 14 single wraps on each side so in total I have about the same surface area covered as yours single coil but on each side. It I can run it at 40 to 50 watts just fine I just enjoy the extra warmth I get from the 80 watts

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's 14 single wraps on each side so in total I have about the same surface area covered as yours single coil but on each side. It I can run it at 40 to 50 watts just fine I just enjoy the extra warmth I get from the 80 watts
Cool..I can build that!
Thanks again man..

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No problem buddy! I hope you enjoy it. The only thing is I don't remember what I wrapped it around. I know it was bigger than 2 mm drill bit though

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll try .3mm..that's what's in it now..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wire thickness can affect some juices, meaning it mutes or enhances.
Also air flow, more flavor less air. I try and tap dance on that line between the two.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let know how that build works out for you buddy.
Well I tried 14wraps of 26g each side and it came out to .78 ohms..tried vaping it at 50,70 and 100w..it was OK...but found that dual parallel 26g with 8 wraps on a 3mm bit at .27 ohms vaped alot better..huge thick clouds and great flavor around 75-80w..4.9v...batts seems to last longer too on my IPV3..but thanks Poncho for the help!

VU Sponsors