Become a Patron!

IPV3 updater and firmware, if you wanna, then pls just download.

p4y -Ethan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dear vapers
More accuracy reading, lower ohm , can reach 0.08ohm. Do you wanna it happen on your IPV3.
It is too large to uploade here. 50M and 30kb
pls download them from our web http://www.pioneer4you.com/article_cat.php?id=8
The two together is the best

Happy Thanksgiving day

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you know if there is a upgrade for the V2 or are they just stuck where they are?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Do you know if there is a upgrade for the V2 or are they just stuck where they are?

I would like to know that as well.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've heard there is, I've heard there isn't. I've heard only certain ones can be up dated. I don't have a clue.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
got mine updated... now I just need some magnets! :)

img_0479-jpg.9561

Attachments

• IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 331

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks Ethan.
I built a dual nichrome zipper coil yesterday and it came out to .085. Wouldn't fire on my ipv3. I thought, "I will just wait and do the firmware in a few days and it will be fine". Now the wait it over. :)
(Not that i will likely vape at 165w but the .05 ohm setting is appealing... plus i hear the screen layout is slightly improved. I will keep you all posted)

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so i tried repeatedly on my mac... which doesn't work. so i tried on the family PC and when i get to the installing "bar" it never moves past 0%. Has anybody had this experience or figured out what the secret is for this update?

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
so i tried repeatedly on my mac... which doesn't work. so i tried on the family PC and when i get to the installing "bar" it never moves past 0%. Has anybody had this experience or figured out what the secret is for this update?
Try it again.I had the same problem,but it worked after restarting.The accuracy is much better and so far,seems to work just fine. Good Luck!

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Try it again.I had the same problem,but it worked after restarting.The accuracy is much better and so far,seems to work just fine. Good Luck!
when it asks for the update file did you just click this file: "ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm" ?

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-30_10-20-32.png
    upload_2014-11-30_10-20-32.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 110

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
You have to rename it by putting .SXi as the extension(ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm.SXi).Run the SXi program and load the usb drivers then go to upgrade and load the renamed file.Make sure the batteries are out first.Had to get help too but it worked in the end.Good Luck!

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
DUDE... thank you SO MUCH!!!!!

Attachments

• 2014-11-30 08.22.19.jpg
    2014-11-30 08.22.19.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 2014-11-30 10.35.23.jpg
    2014-11-30 10.35.23.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 39

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So, I have an ipv3 VR-150 Plus carbon fiber on the way! Yay. I just wanted to check in to see how the firmware update is working? I'm guessing a lack of posts suggests that it's been stable. I'm soooo pumped. I won't ditch my mechs, will still use them daily and at work, but my only regulated devices have been an MVP 2, and a Tesla. I'm gonna have me some fun! Only problem is it's probably gonna beat my batteries to the house, must resist temptation to stick a pair of same day received, but not married batts in. I will be strong. Lol.

BugOut Machine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the link.

BugOut Machine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Ethan.
I built a dual nichrome zipper coil yesterday and it came out to .085. Wouldn't fire on my ipv3. I thought, "I will just wait and do the firmware in a few days and it will be fine". Now the wait it over. :)
(Not that i will likely vape at 165w but the .05 ohm setting is appealing... plus i hear the screen layout is slightly improved. I will keep you all posted)

How do you like the Nichrome vs the Kanthal?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i have really liked the nichrome. I am using a zipper coil now (3x26g twisted then ran parrallel). I comes in at .10
I have played around with mixing the two... ie clapton coils.
Not as low as GPLAT (which is good).

BTW... good to see you Bug. missed you around here.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have my ipv3 yet, but here's a reddit thread I found which might help...

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2nufa0/how_to_upgrate_the_ipv3/
I found that yesterday but thanks. I got the file thing figured out but then have a problem where it does not seem to be recognizing the device when plugged in I rebooted and still no luck. I gave up on it for a minute lol. Everyone else seems to of had success so I was thinking of uninstalling and starting over.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I figured out my problem. My usb ports are 3.0 and apparently the ipv3 wants 2.0 I ended up going through the sata port. So if anybody else has my issue try that solution.

Dear vapers
More accuracy reading, lower ohm , can reach 0.08ohm. Do you wanna it happen on your IPV3.
It is too large to uploade here. 50M and 30kb
pls download them from our web http://www.pioneer4you.com/article_cat.php?id=8
The two together is the best

Happy Thanksgiving day

Has the download link for the software update been taken down? When I click on it it brings up a strange text file, when I save as .SXi it doesn't open in the SXi program.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same with me. I decided to just leave mine the way it came from the factory.

HD

I bought my IPV about a month ago and have been trying to update it ever since... having the same problem with the link, comes up a strange text file with letters and numbers..? I don't care so much about the extra 15 watts I just want the updated ohm reader. HELP!

VU Sponsors