iPV3 video 150 watts dual 18650

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looks like they have made some pre-released adjustments to iPV3

-150 watts
-dual 18650
-spring loaded 510
-separate charge port and usb port (for upgrades only)
-YIHI SX330 chip upgradeable

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
150W eh?

I'm holding out till 1kW devices come out. At the rate the power increases in new devices these days, they should appear on the market very soon... :)

Joking aside, I'm surprised vaping-ban zealots and the tobacco industry haven't latched on high-powered mods yet: I would have thought they'd have pointed out the "dangers of vaping at high power" by now...

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just in terms of keeping up with mechs at low ohms i think 150w holds up pretty well. but we get the added benefit of taking a vape that may be too hot on a mech and turning down the power. 0.2 ohms may be too hot at 4.2v but may be a lot better at 3.7v? that is still near 70 watts though so there is def a good reason for this much power. or taking ohms that may be too cool on a mech and cranking up the power. and a consistent vape the whole time.

on another note i really like this box, neck and neck with the cloupor t8 imo

realsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered this ipv3 150 watt mod from watts up.I have the ipv2 50 watt and really liked it. But it won't be getting the upgrades that yihi will be giving in the future to the v3. So i broke down and got the v3. It says future updates are in line for this one and at 133.00 with free shipping it's not too bad.it's only 24 more dollars then the ipv2 50 watt was. Looking foward to its arrival. I'll let you know how it vapes. I hope I don't regret my purchase. What I liked about it was the future software support and upgrades it will be getting! I didn't have any problems with the ipv2 so I'm hoping the ipv3 will be equal or better. Watts up will be shipping out Sept 25th. That's the seduced ship date. I'm hoping for sooner but I doubt it. Can't wait to give it a try. 150 watts for a regulated mod sounds pretty crazy! Looking foward to it!!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If i wanted 150 -200 watts it looks like a good deal but the upgrade feature means nothing to me . I knew what wattage i needed before i bought my 35 watt iPV .

After testing it with nearly every coil , different wattages and different ohms (and this is just me), i have found that with my RDA's i get superior flavor and more vapor than i know what to do with when i build them from 1 - 1.8 ohm's with wattages set at under 20 watts .

The flavor difference is actually very very noticeable to me , but like i said if the 50 watter is not getting it done and you need three times more power i think it's worth buying .

There will be lots of more advanced upgradeable chip mods coming out with far more functionality in the future .

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're into cloud-chasing, I can understand the appeal. But if you just want to vape "normally" or "reasonably" (bearing in mind that normality and reason are somewhat subjective concepts), I don't get it.

Me, I vape a small RDA with a single coil, and I get very decent clouds at 15W - at least decent enough to feel like I have a mouthful, and to scare my company's doctor into reminding me that I "can't use a locomotive like that indoors" (sic). If I want more flavor, I *lower* the power to 11W, and even less with some juices.

If I ran a dual-coil setup, I could see myself wanting double the power I currently use to get similar results - so about 30W max. Say even 40 or 50W, to play with even more complicated coil jobs and thick kanthal, or to be able to draw quick tokes instead of slow drags. But anything beyond that seems totally over the top to me. I just wouldn't know what to do with the extra power :)

But one thing is sure: choice is good, and it's a free market. Just for that, I'm glad those power plants are available at all. *I* wouldn't need one, but I'm glad those who do have the opportunity to procure one.

VU Sponsors