Become a Patron!

Ipv4 check atomizer error

Ok, so I've been looking online for the last 2 months and haven't found anything concrete, I've tried a few doses that involve putting electrical tape over the inside of the case opposite of the 510 connector's wires and it still had the error, I've seen people cutting out the charging board, but until I hear something concrete about that being the issue I don't want to mess it up beyond repair, can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix this without cutting parts out?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ummmm...check atomizer is apparently an issue with the atty not making contact in the 510...As long as all the wires are attached from inside and it isnt a pcb issue or a short ,i would look to the atty or tank youre using as a possible issue as well.

I've since bought a sigeli 150 that hasn't had issues, and when I screw the atty onto the ipv4 with the case apart I can watch the 510 connector drop to make contact

It was a common issue in the first batch of black ones, so glad I preordered it...lesson learned about pre-orders

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If the 510 is loose i can see how the atty may not make full contact as you may not be able to screw it in all the way before it maybe turns on you..Maybe some hot glue to fix it back in place?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lots of mods use hot glue...from what i understand my new eleaf 100w uses hot glue to hold the 510 in place...i would maybe try to do it as clean as possible but sure, hot glue is used in alot of mods..some to hold in the pcb board and apparently 510's as well.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im just assuming this is your problem..i hope it is something simple and you get it back working again..let me know how it turns out for you.

Yeah, I hope so too, even with the problem, I loved that box, they under rated it by far, at 75w I was actually vaping closer to 82 when I checked it on the omnitester, but it was a different feel than the Sigel even at 82ish

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would rather have something more accurate than way over or under but, however it reads we find a spot we like none the less.

I bought a little mini hot glue gun from the dollar store for cheap..worked great for some little projects i did..has a small tip on it as well..should check one out if you dont already have a glue gun.

resolder the negative (black wire) on the 510 connection this worked for me when i went though all the how to fix "check atomizer" on the ipv4. i stumbled upon this when i had it apart and when trying to put back together the micro usb was touching the housing and grounded the 510 and it started working. as soon as i took it back out it stopped. the wiring on the 510 were on there good but some how it wasnt getting the negative signal. easy test without taking it apart is to put a small flat head screw driver between the micro usb and the mod to ground it and if it works u know thats the issue. hope this helps

VU Sponsors