Become a Patron!

IPV4 First attempt to find out "What's Temp Control All About?"

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So we sell temp control devices. It seems to be all the rage right now. I post on the forum and often try to help people out. So I thought to myself " I need to know what I'm talking about if I post and see what temp control is and how it works" I grabbed an IPV4 and a Matrix sub ohm tank with .2 nickel coils. I read the directions and knew something about it from reading what you guys post. I started of easy with a tank and pre built coils to delve right in. Set the IPV4 to 50 Joules and 350 F. Read about the important step to heat up the coil and hold the bottom two buttons to store the coil resistance into memory. (this is a very important step !) So I started vaping. It's amazing ! Why didn't I try this sooner ? I get the same exact vape from the first to the last ! Not like if you vape and the tank is cold the first few vapes are cold and not the same. Then my friend f1r3blrd recommended going to 520 f and 40 Joules. Kept the temp about the same but got better flavor. thanks pal ! So to sum it up I'm now a fan of temp control and will be actively doing more with it !

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, I've been using TC on a IPV3 Li with a Billow V2. Building dual coils (28ga Ni200) can be tricky to get it over the minimum resistance. I set the resistance with a room temperature coil(s). As soon as I put it on the mod, I set resistance before ever firing. The mod checks resistance changes in the coil and knows the temperature by those changes (as I'm sure you know). I'm enjoying TC as well. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys ! I was doing ok with all my regular stuff and never got a dry hit or anything so I resisted TC. But now I really do see the advantage to it in the consistency. It's really nice to take that first vape and it's always the same. I honestly thought it was a fad of BS but it's not as you guys know already.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So we sell temp control devices. It seems to be all the rage right now. I post on the forum and often try to help people out. So I thought to myself " I need to know what I'm talking about if I post and see what temp control is and how it works" I grabbed an IPV4 and a Matrix sub ohm tank with .2 nickel coils. I read the directions and knew something about it from reading what you guys post. I started of easy with a tank and pre built coils to delve right in. Set the IPV4 to 50 Joules and 350 F. Read about the important step to heat up the coil and hold the bottom two buttons to store the coil resistance into memory. (this is a very important step !) So I started vaping. It's amazing ! Why didn't I try this sooner ? I get the same exact vape from the first to the last ! Not like if you vape and the tank is cold the first few vapes are cold and not the same. Then my friend f1r3blrd recommended going to 520 f and 40 Joules. Kept the temp about the same but got better flavor. thanks pal ! So to sum it up I'm now a fan of temp control and will be actively doing more with it !

You should be locking the resistance with both the coil and device at room temperature.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate it, thanks. Maybe I'm understanding the directions wrong. Here's what it says "Before setting resistance the coil keep normal temperature. Then the chip can test the the original and effective value figures." So it's a little hard to understand. Normal temperature like room temperature or normal operating temperature? When I set the resistance at room temperature the coil read like .24. when I set it at operating temperature it read .20. The coils are .2 coils. Don't think it's that great a difference. Just help me to understand the language thing here in the directions. Appreciate all the help. Either way it's working like a champ !

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are supposed to lock (set) the resistance of a cold/room temperature coil (Ni200, Ti01). The thing is a cold TC coil should have a lower resistance than a freshly fired one. That's how the mod knows the temp, as it goes up so does the resistance of the coil.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
when the coil is not at room tempo with the mod the mod will get its baseline wrong and it'll be all inaccurate,
If the mod and atty are both at room temp or have been at rest for 10-15 minutes it will have the resistance from an at rest state as its baseline while its calculating; hence, ensure more accurate measurements
that is the basis for temp control.
As nickel is excited or heated its temp raises at the same rate as its resistance, so when you set them both at the same temp the mod will save its resistance as a base; so that, while you're firing its calculating the change in resistance; and, hence the change in temp; then it will adjust the power output accordingly to regulate the temp.

All of that was the why and how that led us to know the assholio was pulling shit from their holios

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So do these lower cost tc mods like the eleaf 40TC sort of work ?or are they just bull shit to the real design of TC?

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Would that typos were the worst of it. :(

I'm confused.. was just trying to get useful info to him. I'm one that needs to know why I'm doing something, so I thought it would help.

To answer your question, no I don't write manuals.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Edited my so Wht post...lol..stupid ass phone :/

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Edited my so Wht post...lol..stupid ass phone :/
Haha, yeah well... win 10, has autocorrect and its a little weird also.
Umm... never tried the eleaf, but for the money its probably worth a shot.
Or the ipvd2 would be a good option. Its Yihi powered so the chip is going to be great.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, i just bought a eleaf 100w so i can finally build a coil lower than .4..only so much a 30w sigelei can do for me...I may try a TC mod my next device purchase.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not a big fan of confined batteries any more..loved my mvp 20 watt till i got the sigelei mini 30w.

Need to research more on the "bargain tc" mods and figure it out.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, i just bought a eleaf 100w so i can finally build a coil lower than .4..only so much a 30w sigelei can do for me...I may try a TC mod my next device purchase.
If you're looking into TC, for a first try, I would say get one that has a titanium mode so that you can explore that as an option to see if you like it. I dont think the istick does. Most TC mods will work with ti in nickel mode but you need to set your temps way low to accommodate them being calibrated for nickel.
The sigelei 75 and ipvd2 are both great!!!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're far too intelligent and have far too great a command of the language to stand by that abomination you posted.

So I gave you shit for it. :D
Last I checked no one was perfect.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the help guys. Don't know if you were kidding around but we're all adults here, lets keep it to the subject. Don't want another thread like the one I wont mention starting up. This was my first TC mod and I think I picked a good one to start with. Has been absolute perfection on maintaining consistent vapes and flavor and now that I've used it, the battery life is good also. Thanks again and I appreciate any other input but I think I pretty much got it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PPi never jump to this gimmick... Im still using my solid sig 150 .14 ohms 22g nichrome 80a 5/6wraps 2.5 diameter... For me this is my adv, it works for me,for a LONG time now, non of this temp gimmicks attracted me, why? Research on NICKEL WIRES, AND TITANIUM WIREs...so please for the newbies in the forum, know what ur vaping on, research em, don't just fall into gimmicks, use whatever works for you...IMO!!
BIGBOYVAPER

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I was looking at Vapor Joe's post about nickel coils and wire. I don't think the temp I'm using is high enough to cause that. Just like if you vape at high temp with Kanthal or whatever it could cause formaldehyde but that research is based on vaping at temps that we never vape at. I was thinking the same way until I tried it. This is not a gimmick. It really works. I'd been using many devices and was like Ah I don't need TC I never got a dry hit and always liked my Dark Horse and sub ohm tanks. It wasn't until I tried it that I became a believer. I'm not telling everyone to rush out and buy a TC device. I'm just talking about my experience with it. I have two devices on my desk sitting next to each other. The Megatron 260 with the High Voltage tank and the IPV4 with the High Voltage Matrix tank with nickel coils. Ive been using both but I've been leaning a lot more to the TC device. Especially in the morning when everything is cold from the AC blowing on it. As I always say.....To each his own and there's no right or wrong it's what works for you and makes you happy.

VU Sponsors