Become a Patron!

IPV4 TC with subtank Ni200 coils

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 temp control mods, but never tried the TC mode yet, but today my local vape shop was having a anniversary 50% off juice, and 25% off hardware, so decided to pick up some subtank Ni200 coils to try out this TC that everyone is going on about.

As I have never tried TC, I have no idea as settings I should be using, going to be using the IPV4 for TC to test, but as there is temperature and joules, not sure which one I should be adjusting, I personally like a warm vape, so guessing I should be at high temps, but as new to this, not sure.

So is there anyone using the subtank Ni200 coils, that can give me some info on what setting I should be using, I know people say start low and work up, but is that for temp or joules too?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on your juice! I'm using mine at around 510 degrees and 25/30 joules. I'd start at 410 degrees and work up. You'll see a big difference with messing around with different joules vs temp settings. I've read about quite a few who use a temp of 280 degrees, but my taste buds get lost on that one!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It depends on your juice! I'm using mine at around 510 degrees and 25/30 joules. I'd start at 410 degrees and work up. You'll see a big difference with messing around with different joules vs temp settings. I've read about quite a few who use a temp of 280 degrees, but my taste buds get lost on that one!

Thank you @AmandaD got it up and running, got it set at 425F at 25 joules, and getting really good flavor, I do notice a lot more flavor using the TC coils, I did start at 450F at 30 joules, and the flavor was a bit to intense, but I am vaping Pluid too though, probably should of gone with a less powerful flavor, but didn't think it would increase flavor too.

Not sure sold on the TC yet, I normally change my wicks before the get to the burning stage, so not concerned about dry hits using kanthal, but I will try another TC coil with another juice, if it improves the flavor a lot more for that one too, then could see me switching over to nickel altogether.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I would love Pluid when I bought it over a year ago - I couldn't even vape it in a cartotank LOL

Yes, flavor can be very intense using TC. But I found out the hard way it doesn't play very nice with FA cocoa, although if you're very careful the flavor is absolutely amazing - until you scorch it:p

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought I would love Pluid when I bought it over a year ago - I couldn't even vape it in a cartotank LOL

Yes, flavor can be very intense using TC. But I found out the hard way it doesn't play very nice with FA cocoa, although if you're very careful the flavor is absolutely amazing - until you scorch it:p

I don't taste flavors that well, so Pluid works good for me and I love licorice/anise flavors, but yes with the Ni200 coil, it was even to intense for me o_O

VU Sponsors