Become a Patron!

Is it possible to reduce 'coil crust'?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wicking notwithstanding, I have found that tightly wound coils that are pinched to the point of making solid contact to the extent of being more of a screw than a coil tend to not have buildup issues.
Good point @franciscan I think that is one of the reasons I am really not fond of twisting wire I have experimented now for a few months and noted the crust has crust that is so nasty ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rayon, Japanese cotton, and silica have all come up short with me too. I have "Ol' Faithful" a bag of good ol' Cotton, grown in the USA.. Good enough for me!
Its funny living here in West Texas in the winter there are many cotton fields I took a few last week cleaned it really good and it was great I agree
I think the jap cotton craze has run its course its still good and I do use it but besides being pressed I see no benefit at all

OK well I never said that it was not just on the coils and If you re-read my comment I was asking the question wondering just what is in our lunks it was just tongue and cheek sorry for being a douche it happens to all of us bad day you got my douchness apologies
No worries yes it does happen. I do understand what you were getting at I just think there are enough people trying to demonize vaping and I don't want to start us down a bad path for yet another hurdle to overcome. Sorry for being so blunt on the previous comment you have my apologies as well. Not my style and it was unwarranted.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More surface, more crust, I say. But you need more surface for more vapor.

18 mos. in and using twisted most of that time, I still enjoy it. It's harder to make into a micro or tensioned contact coil but when reasonably successful, it's a pleasure.

Vape happy!

Good luck.

:)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No worries yes it does happen. I do understand what you were getting at I just think there are enough people trying to demonize vaping and I don't want to start us down a bad path for yet another hurdle to overcome. Sorry for being so blunt on the previous comment you have my apologies as well. Not my style and it was unwarranted.
Agreed my friend

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More surface, more crust, I say. But you need more surface for more vapor.

18 mos. in and using twisted most of that time, I still enjoy it. It's harder to make into a micro or tensioned contact coil but when reasonably successful, it's a pleasure.

Vape happy!

Good luck.

Yep pros and cons to everything I have my lancia right now with 4 stands of twisted 28 g and it's awesome

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Its funny living here in West Texas in the winter there are many cotton fields I took a few last week cleaned it really good and it was great I agree
I think the jap cotton craze has run its course its still good and I do use it but besides being pressed I see no benefit at all
I tend to believe that the linear arrangement of the fibres in JC enhance capillary action.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tend to believe that the linear arrangement of the fibres in JC enhance capillary action.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

And the fibers at twice their size (~20 microns) closely resemble those of highly linear Nextel ceramic apart from the similarity of orientation. It is very fine long cotton which doesn't tend to sag or flatten as zealously as other alternattives.

But sadly, as taste is subjective, it may be overkill for some and so not justified in price.

My best tobacco blend and KGD or Nextel hit all the right buttons for me.

Good luck and enjoy the vape!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've noticed gplat doesn't crust up as much. My 90210 juice its a blueberry crumble cake and it Gunk's like no other in kanthal but is clean with gplat. My b&m sold me just a foot to try. I'm a believer it's better but so expensive.

Krom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes if the rayon is too thick i notice the juice 'boils' out and makes the crust. The amount you use through your coils makes a big difference from my experience. Just gotta keep practicing and find that niche.

VU Sponsors